PDA

View Full Version : What _YOU_ want in an Aliendie3

Lambda
28-09-2001, 05:18 PM
Not that I could make it :(
But I'll use my 133t newB p0w3rs of persuasion (puppy-eyed begging) to get a good mapper to make it :)

My ideas.

1) A Mass Collider.
Like the panic-kill devices in Questionable Ethics, that blasted all the headcrabs and marines to bloody pulp.

2) A Mass Accelerator, AKA a Railgun, AKA Gauss rifle (The BATTLETECH kind)
A large, glass-walled and roofed pen, with a block of machinery on one end, and a similar, nonmechanical block on the other. On both are a square hole, about as large as a headcrab.
In the pen, standing placidly, are a zombie, a headcrab on a pedestal just below the line of fire, an alien slave, and a grunt.
When a button on machine is pressed, it hums for five seconds, then a block of metal is blasted from one end of the pen to the other, splattering all the aliens with super-death trait on the end. When it lands in the receptical, a small KABOOOM occurs.

The Xen Portal.
A very large glass enclosed fully pen, with a pair of control consoles, and a large "Anomalous Material's" laserportal flashy type thingy above it :)
You press various buttons on Console 1, and depending on the combo pressed, summon either a headcrab, ten headcrabs, a slave, five slaves, an alien grunt, three grunts, a controler, three controlers, or a (OH MY GOD!) Garg.
Console two drops into the pen a selection of: Barny, Military Grunt, Science Team Member, or Female Assassin.
Naturaly, theres also a kill button, which floods the compartment with lethal lasers and high-rad death untill anything (even Garg) is dead as the Incans.
Rinse, Lather, Repeat.
C'mon, think of more stuff!

Sniper
28-09-2001, 06:07 PM
Did you make the original Alien Die levels?

Oh well you probably didn't. I have to go look at the readme file to see if the person who made it signed up for the forums yet.

Hmm.

Lambda
28-09-2001, 06:54 PM
AlienDie and ADie2 were made by diffrent people, I think.
Not that it matters.
The point is that someone will make it (we hope) and people (I hope :P ) will have enough fun on it to play it :)

Sniper
28-09-2001, 08:25 PM
God damn it, and all this time I thought one person made the series.

Anyhow, I was working on Alien Die 3 a while ago, then found out about the author or something. :o

Lambda
29-09-2001, 12:31 AM
Well sniper, g'wan, make it!
We want more ingenious and sadistic ways of maiming, mimeing, and horrendiously mutilating aliens!

MaRk
29-09-2001, 12:57 AM
Come on sniper make it,we know you can do it :).

Turrican
29-09-2001, 03:11 AM
where are the origional Alien Die levels? i never heard of them

Lambda
29-09-2001, 08:03 AM
I got AlienDie from a server called Fuck You
Yes, Thats the truth.
I got the other one somewhere else, I dunno where.

Undeadenemy
30-09-2001, 11:09 AM
Alien Die levels suck ass. They serve no purpose other than to exist on the servers HD so ppl can vote to change to that level just so they can drive me nuts for an hour. Alien Die type levels are for newbie mappers to make only, such a crappy level is WAYYYY below Snipers ability.

Lambda
01-10-2001, 05:55 PM
but imagine what a GOOD mapper could do with the genere!
and AlienDie levels exist to give relief for when you've just gotten hammered in Horde or a mission series.
It's fun to take the captured aliens, the kind that were hammering you and your team, and MURDER THEM SADISTICLY!!!!!!

Undeadenemy
02-10-2001, 01:12 PM
If you need a "break time" level then you don't need to be playing HL. If you want a break from getting hammer then stop playing for a while. I don't see why the rest of us have to wait around for some guy who has to have an hour break every 20 minutes.

Lambda
02-10-2001, 01:39 PM
Ummm, by "some guy" you mean the MAJORITY of VOTERS, and by "rest of us" you mean YOU, right?
REMEMBER, the MAJORITY has to have a vote, and usualy a 2/3rds majority, not just 51%