PDA

View Full Version : I just had a brainstorm!

Lambda
29-09-2001, 01:14 PM
Objective: Get a moving tank that has a working turret and machine gun that players can fire.
Problem: moving objects cant incorporate turrets.

My idea:
Take the giant tank model that players can move around on, make the turrets on it, keep them well rooted in it, and place the entire thing on a 'treadmill' type, that turns on and off when a switch INSIDE the tank is pressed.
Now, that might work, but if the players get behind the tank, they'll get hauled along too, right?
Soloution: make the tank the mode of transport over terrian that is instantly mooshing fatal to players, like super-acid or somthin :)
or hyper-electrified cola :)

Shadow Eliminator
29-09-2001, 01:36 PM
yea. what ur saying is func_conveyor rite? a conveyorbelt style movement system? wicked idea. If i wasnt workin on infiltration and me other maps id have a go. when theyre done i might attempt it.

cooleyo
29-09-2001, 03:17 PM
I think what he means is the same idea i had with my train...

U put a static tank, which can shoot etc, spawn places in it...

It's the level which is moving around the tank, not the tank moving in the level. So you have to put everything(scenery, your whole level) as a func train.

Tayl0r
29-09-2001, 04:22 PM
or bug sven to include Spirits (http://spirit.valve-erc.com) code (open source)

Lambda
29-09-2001, 06:11 PM
No, I'm saying static scenery, static tank, conveyor under the tank.

Shadow Eliminator
30-09-2001, 05:17 AM
ah i see

Sven Viking
30-09-2001, 05:29 AM
SoHL code'd be good, imho... expect that it'd take some time to add, though, so it'll probably have to be for a version after 2.0.

Shadow Eliminator
30-09-2001, 05:32 AM
drivable vechicles pls sven.
And voice commands, and an assassin that will be able to be ordered Barney style

Lambda
30-09-2001, 09:17 AM
who's gonna do the voice acting?
And she'd havta sound super-sexy to be worth the trouble of chopping in the voice acting ;)

Basic Beecicchi
30-09-2001, 01:00 PM
*Points at Kagero*

[Hey, you never know.....besides, who're you gonna get, HellChick from GameSpy?]