PDA

View Full Version : Sven Co-op Movie

Kalashnikovo
01-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Well, If anyone is interested, I am trying to put together a team of people who would be willing to help me make something like the cs_militia movie. I still haven't decided on a map to use, but Surface Extension is looking pretty promising. If you have any ideas or suggestions of maps or you want to help me out, E-mail me at the_silent_striker@hotmail.com.

I want to have a fairly large shootout between grunts with a few aliens here and there. suspense, talking between people over the voice (ONLY). People hiding behind walls against snipers. If any mappers out there could whip together a simple shootout place (tables tipped over and barricades etc and a small city setting with a few snipers and special ops ppl around. Have like a nuclear weapon or hostages at the end, but this is only if there are any mappers out there that want to do it.

For all those interested I would need about 5-10 poeple for it to be a good movie, ones that don't die easily and have good voice skills and good microphones. If anyone is interested, let me know by e-mail or reply to this post!

Irregular Hunter
01-01-2003, 06:50 PM
That is a good idea, if u need any models ask me from the ps2 half-life ask me at irregular.hunter@btinternet.com!

Zealot
01-01-2003, 11:11 PM
i just want to say,

you should get all players in the movie to use a uniform player model, weather that would be a new model made by someone or a default one.

i'm not saying everyone use the same model, for example everyone could pick one of the opr models, or a h_grunt model.

that way it wont look kind of comical with all differant far out player models running around.

anyway, good luck, looking forward to it!

Matriarch
02-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Zealot
i just want to say,

you should get all players in the movie to use a uniform player model, weather that would be a new model made by someone or a default one.

i'm not saying everyone use the same model, for example everyone could pick one of the opr models, or a h_grunt model.

that way it wont look kind of comical with all differant far out player models running around.

anyway, good luck, looking forward to it!
agreed.
you should also make a website for it

Agent Pingwin
02-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Irregular Hunter
That is a good idea, if u need any models ask me from the ps2 half-life ask me at irregular.hunter@btinternet.com!

that is a bad idea, videos (like this) are used for promotional (grrr spelinn) stuff so we dont want people seeing all these sick cool models if svencoop2.1 doesnt come with them

Viger
02-01-2003, 06:19 PM
The Militia movie was one of the things that inspired me to learn how to map.

I wish you luck in your project.

Offwhitepenguin
02-01-2003, 09:32 PM
i think you should make like a leader be gordon in hev suit (with the mask off of corse) and the others be in regular hev suits...that would be cool.

Kalashnikovo
02-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Well, I have been talking with people and working out details on what should go into the map we are hopefulyl designing to go with this movie.

We have looked at several posibilities for similiar models and I think our best course in that area would be the grunt or military models, ones that would stand out against the enemy grunts and enemy specops people. If there are modellers out there that would be willing to make, oh lets say 5 different military type player models it would be most appriciated. We would hope to have a medic skin, a heavy weapons gun skin, sniper, a demoman type one and a commander (more or less a different colored hat from the rest of them).

For anyone else that is interested in playing a role as one of the team members in the movie, or has any suggestions for opening music or certain scenes you think would be cool to have in the movie, let me know at my e-mail the_silent_striker@hotmail.com

Kalashnikovo
05-01-2003, 03:21 AM
Well, here is a small update for those interested. Its a small picture of something we are looking at right now to keep those of u who r interested, continued to be interested.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/pa95f5f128dd048f412eca534d74995c7/fcd412d2.jpg.orig.jpg

I also asked the question if the name Sven was copyrighted because I am thinking of calling our group Sven Studios. (Sven Co-op being the first mod we are working with and all).

Kalashnikovo
05-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Proposed Storyline 1:

The year is 2010, ten years after the Black Mesa Research Facility incident that to the public “never happened” nor “ever existed” and those life saving experiments that “never occured” were pushed aside. Now upcoming to the Black Mesa incidents tenth horrid anniversary, strange sightings have been reported in the locations surrounding the “non-existent facility”. One such base is located thirty miles from where grunt cargo ships were reported shot down by alien aircraft. What was contained in those crates never saw the light of day during Black Mesa, but ten years after they were supposed to have be used; they activated with an distorted objective from those they had been given. Their previous mission was to assist the human grunts in any location at anytime. Their mission now is to kill everything that stands in there way.

This base “was” the Black Mesa Outer Security Operations before the media began sticking its nose into the surrounding area, where it became known as the Missile Control Facility for the Continental United States West Coast Nuclear Deterrent (Pentagon codenamed Last Standing). This was obviously just a front, but nuclear weapons from the abandoned Black Mesa Facility were shipped in after the Black Mesa Research Facility had been irradiated in 2004. A pure Nerve Agent known as HPE-896 was pumped directly into the ventilation system, killing everything inside the complex. If there was anything still alive, it was dead now. The government cared for no one still inside the facility; if you worked for Black Mesa then you were dead.

With Last Standing chalked full of SP-90 Nuclear Weapons with 20 Megaton payloads, this was a sure target to keep a close eye on. With such a mission the Pentagon set up what is know known as the Communications Control Center (the CCC). With this they can now keep in constant contact with such facilities without any worry of someone breaking into the signals. The CCC was founded in 2005 with a few interns from the Pentagon were given the task of handling the company. They knew about what really happened through their communication lines, but were ordered never to tell another soul. With such secrecy going around it was hard for even the Government to know what needed to be done and what needed to be checked up on.

In 2008 reconstruction of the Black Mesa Facility began with approximately 35000 corpses to clean out; 15000 were not born on this earth. Local media groups had been sent in by their employers, but never neither returned nor were their bodies ever recovered. The government said that there had been many animal sightings and there was an operation going on to catch these creatures and protect the locals. Construction continued and within 18 months they had completed everything from fake overhead cover for the entrances to microscopic monitoring systems inside each testing bay. The Black Mesa Research Facility had been reborn. The grunt cargo choppers were shipped to Last Standing and were ordered to be held there until a cargo aircraft arrived to take them. The base would contacted when that aircraft would arrive. Two days after the grunt cargo choppers had been left there, the base did not respond.

It is now five days before the Black Mesa Incident tenth anniversary as the Sven Co-op Team loads into their transport osprey for immediate deployment inside Last Standing. Their mission is to recap the events that occurred there, find any survivors, extract the firing rods from the SP-90 Nuclear Warheads and deploy an infrared beacon for a imminent 30 second air strike. The USAF will be on constant standby for the next week as they wait for that beacon to be deployed. The Sven Co-op Team will arrive at Last Standing only an hour before the Black Mesa Anniversary…

HellzDuDe~!
05-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Nice story man.Well done indeed

Phu_Nham
05-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Well Kal, i've known you for almost a year now, so you know i'm down for whatever.

Kalashnikovo
05-01-2003, 08:09 PM
phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham phu_nham

Phu_Nham
05-01-2003, 08:11 PM
*Backs away* I've seen what...'things' you've done to hostages, don't make me get a restraining order on you!

Offwhitepenguin
05-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Kalashnikovo
Proposed Storyline 1:

The year is 2010, ten years after the Black Mesa Research Facility incident

...12 years...the game was releced in 98 wasnt it?

Kalashnikovo
06-01-2003, 05:07 PM
the game was released in 98 yes, but the storyline says it takes place in 2000

Offwhitepenguin
06-01-2003, 05:17 PM
i see, so the story is going to be fiction :p

grum12
06-01-2003, 08:37 PM
well i dont think it could be non-fiction with the fact that black mesa never really existed the only thing real is the people playing the game not the content of the game itself so ya it fiction

Phu_Nham
06-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Good Job! Want a banana?! j/k

grum12
06-01-2003, 08:39 PM
sure send me a banana
*calls out pet monkey* now wheres the banana:p
and dont hate me for this i really have a pet monkey

Kalashnikovo
06-01-2003, 08:54 PM
hehe, thats cool...

anyways, I have a name here for the site and/or group we are going to be to make this movie..

Quater-Life Studios..

ya? whatca think?>???? again, just an idea

Phu_Nham
07-01-2003, 01:21 AM
I got one question...what the heck does Quater mean?

AntiBlockerzGrunt
07-01-2003, 04:30 AM
I think its a typo and Kalashnikovo meant "Quarter", which means 1/4. :)

Phu_Nham
08-01-2003, 11:21 PM
Yeah, your probably right...those darn Canadians need to learn to stop making typos!

Kalashnikovo
20-01-2003, 04:23 PM
A halt...

well, i was just messing around in sven coop again, and found that there is no possible way for you to just roam the map in a type of spectator mode.....

well, that almost kinda kills this until it gets added.

COME ON SVENCOOP TEAM! MAKE A SPECTATOR MODE!!!! COME ON! lol

only if u wanna thou.. your mod.

tdw
21-01-2003, 05:24 AM
I wasn't for sure if this would help or not Kalashnikovo. But you can roam/fly around a map using the cl_noclip 1 command from the console that was added in the latest sc update. Probably not what you were wanting though :(

Kalashnikovo
21-01-2003, 09:52 AM
like, something like spec mode froms cs. you know how you donty have any weapons on the screen and that.

that is what i need..

WAIT

why did i not remember the drop weapon button!

k, anyways, i'll get the cl_noclip 1 a go today after school

lates

Sph!nx
07-02-2003, 01:09 PM
need any help with it? mapping? acting?
Pm me if you need some help with anything

Regards
Sphinx

DESTROYERZ
07-02-2003, 02:28 PM
like, something like spec mode froms cs. you know how you donty have any weapons on the screen and that.

that is what i need..

WAIT

why did i not remember the drop weapon button!

k, anyways, i'll get the cl_noclip 1 a go today after school

lates

but what about the max players thing? you have to set it to 2 or 1...

LoB
07-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Yeah, cheats are only usable in games with maxplayers 2.

Instead of dropping weapons you can also set r_drawviewmodel 0 (removes own weapon from screen) and crosshair 0 (removes... well you can imagine ;))

Just the HUD remains, but I tend to believe there was a command for it, too? Anyone?

If you need any more help feel free to ask me, I've got some experience in creating Half-Life Videos (in fact I produced a website intro for my TFC and CS clan).

Petas
08-02-2003, 02:44 PM
I'd be willing to help in any way possible. I'm an average modeller and I'd say I'm pretty good at mapping. I also have a mic, but I don't really use it much so we'd have to test it first, if you're considering taking me into the team..:)

This movie sounds like it's gonna be pretty good. BTW, could someone point me to the militia movie ??:p

Irregular Hunter
08-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Try this

http://planethalflife.com/csmovies/

Kalashnikovo
08-02-2003, 02:58 PM
i think the biggest problem we are facing right now is a spectator mode with more then about 8 players present. If the Sven Co-op Team would be kind and put a spec mode in on the next release of Sven Co-op, it would be most appreciated!

We need it! Not unless we can get all the commands to remove hud, weapon and make you kinda undetectable by the enemies with admin_noclip on the camerappl. If thats doable, then we get moving on this.

Sph!nx
08-02-2003, 03:12 PM
I am experimenting with recording from games like HL and sven via my TVout ... with my TV in (tv card) I can record it back to avi and edit the stuff. .... so if you need a "cameraman" or an actor I would be happy to help you out.

Regards

SPHINX

Petas
08-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Ok, I just finished watching cs_militia Part 1..and I have to say that it's pretty damn good. And from the cooperation I'm seeing from the community here, this movie will probably be just as good if not better.

If only we had spec mode !!

Irregular Hunter
08-02-2003, 05:05 PM
i think the biggest problem we are facing right now is a spectator mode with more then about 8 players present. If the Sven Co-op Team would be kind and put a spec mode in on the next release of Sven Co-op, it would be most appreciated!

We need it! Not unless we can get all the commands to remove hud, weapon and make you kinda undetectable by the enemies with admin_noclip on the camerappl. If thats doable, then we get moving on this.

I think someone is working on a program for that but I can't remember his name, we were talking about this while playing online!

Elestia
09-02-2003, 11:52 PM
A movie?

Wait for 2.5

We get new weapons, monsters, and the grunts.

If it's not to much trouble could I have a minor role in the movie? Like being a grunt who gets shot down or helps the main heroes in a scene?

PWEEEASE!

ch33zy
10-02-2003, 02:24 AM
Alright guys, I've been making lots of private movies for FireArms, so I have experience with this kind of shit. First off, were gonna have to compile a database of potential actors/cameramen etc and ways to contact them. Were gonna need somone to coordinate for us.

There are 4 ways we could capture this movie.

1. We used the half like .dem recording, and use that to make a .bmp sequence. The problem with this, is that it takes forever, and takes an assload of HD space.

2. Use FRAPS (www.fraps.com) to record directly to avi format. The downside to this, is that the poor cameramen will have framerates of almost nil. Also, FRAPS can only record if you are set to 640*480, as that is all the AVI codec supports. As you can tell, 640*480 means less detail.

3. Use the Half Life .dem system and then while playing back record with FRAPS. While it dosent take as long, it still has that detail problem.

4. TV outs to VCR While I have no experience with this, I'm quite certain the quality would be questionable.

Capturing audio wont be that hard, but having somone exclusivly in charge of "Recording" couldent hurt.

I have Adobe Premiere so editing is a snap for me, and I also have Adobe After Effects, which I am still playing around with.

What were gonna need-

A director
1-2 Cameramen
1 editor
Whatever number of actors the script requires
A script
Voice Actors
The blue shift HD pack for the cameramen and sound man
A sound man
A coordinator
Mappers
Modellers
And whatever I forgot.

I'm able to do about any role required, so Ill fit wherever we cant find a person.All this may sound intimidationg, but it isnt that hard to pull off.

I just thought of somthing that may be difficult for us- in CS militia, they had enemies controlled by players, so takes could be done over and over again. We, do not have this ability.

I'm sorry if all this seemed like a senseless ramble, but I'm tired.

Sph!nx
10-02-2003, 05:57 AM
I am experimenting with machinima (virtual movie making)
with a VCR ...... I use my VCR to record ... and I am going to use my TV card to make it an avi ... then I edit the shit ....
I am still experimenting with that stuff right now .... but if I succeeed in everything I will let ya'll know

LoB
10-02-2003, 06:30 AM
Kinda dumb this way (sorry), cause you'd use both an A/D and a D/A converter - which results in a loss of quality.
Just use the movie feature of Half-Life and you'll get high quality screenshots to work with without ANY conversion needed...

Kalashnikovo
10-02-2003, 08:36 AM
right now we kinda have a split thread. I'll post all the movie things in this one, all the write-up things in the other, i'll transfer the list over.

Kalashnikovo
10-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Cameramen
-Sphinx
-Chr33y

This way we both have people who have experience in editing and filming.

Actors
(Creeping Death) -
(The-Real-Game) -
(Kalashnikov) - Petas
(Sphinx) -
(Dan200) -
(BMTwigzta) -
((GIT)R-Man) -
(Mad Jonesy) -
(Aim@me) -

Editors
-Sphinx
-Chr33y

Mappers (Or those who are accosiated with designing maps)
-RJ
-Shpinx
-

Sphinx, if you dont want all these jobs, you dont have too. But they come in three different steps all most. The setup and production, the filming and then the final.

Sph!nx
10-02-2003, 09:12 AM
I have one idea for the filming.....

There is no spectaor mode... so if we create the maps
we can make hidden switches for hidden "ramps" so that we can film fron diffirent angles .... just hit the switch and the ramp thing is gone again .... I know it is a bummer we don't have spec.mode ... but hey...we'll just improvise ....

Kalashnikovo ... I REALY WANT to join this production, but I can't tell you if I CAN join just now ....a) still experimenting with camming games ... and b) I am also a tutorial writer for unreal-studios (Learn Mod and Learn worldcraft)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Edit : It works !!! I can record machinima films of every game enine ..... only one problem.... my TV out is on my secundairy card .... not my primairy ... Doe enyone how to change that .. switch my prim,sec card under windows?

Irregular Hunter
10-02-2003, 11:37 AM
I'm just wondering, with this movie are the main characters going to have unique player models or are they gonna where uniforms like in that CS movie Milita?

Sph!nx
10-02-2003, 11:56 AM
My guess is they will use the opposing force grunt models

-------------------------------------

Edit .... I just made some footage of a opfor game I was playing .... video and audio are now on tape !!

ch33zy
10-02-2003, 04:58 PM
I just had an Idea about the spectator mode problem. We have the modelers create a model of a tiny box, but it has no faces, or somthing, and we distribute the mdl to everyone involved. Now that we have an invisible charactor, we use r_drawviewmodel 0, and use a blank hud sprite to get rid of the hud.

The only problem I see, is that since we cant use godmode on the cameramen, theyl keep getting killed.
Also, even if we make the cameramen gods, the enemies will attack them.
Wait, dosent adminmid allow you to place people under god mode and noclip?

Were still left with the AI targeting problem though.

ch33zy
10-02-2003, 05:25 PM
sphinx, do you have a good sound recording program? I think us cameramen are gonna need em. Also, do you have a good net connection? Were gonna be dealing with huge files here.

Petas
10-02-2003, 05:31 PM
Actually I was thinking of getting more of a minor role. Unless you can somehow arrange the entire movie to be filmed on weekends :( My parents won't let me play any games on weekdays, the only exceptions being the mornings (7-8 AM GMT)...besides, I'd probably get killed often being a main character.

EDIT: Bah. This is confusing me, sorry if I put this in the wrong thread.

Kalashnikovo
10-02-2003, 07:28 PM
dont worry, im sure the entire working that will undergo to get the movie into a filming enviornment will take some time. I am guessing that the latest we would begin filming was during Summer Holidays.

Well, I have some draq up of Last Standing (the place where the first chapter takes place) and I'll send them to whichever mappers are going to help us out. If there are any modellers out there, try making those boxes that chr33y was talking of and any kind of military models you can get.

This is it people, we have a storyline and more or less a script (just some things need to be changed on the story itself). We have some dedicated people, but we are still looking for actors. If ANYONE is at least interested in joining up with the team, let us know! Ask your friends that play Sven Co-op if they want to help out or even better yet, get some SC players from your server or other servers talking about this movie! Let them know its underway and we're looking for their help!

Come on people! Lets make the first ever Sven Co-op Film! (Alright, my bad, OUR first Sven Co-op Film, but it still sounds cool....)

Fortune2
10-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Youd need someone to make a crazy wad, with Posters of things having to do with SvenCoop and maybe other movies.

And maybe in game screens of the movie in the backround as books or posters.

I'll join for any open slot. Not acting, tried somthing like that once in TFC, but mapping/Wad/Anyting else is fine.

Kalashnikovo
10-02-2003, 09:00 PM
sounds good, sounds good.

Still looking for a lot of actors.

LoB
10-02-2003, 10:29 PM
As said before, I'm able and willing to help wherever I can - including acting ;)

And I still find recording through VCR and back through TV card bad :)
Why not use HL's features? ...

Kalashnikovo
10-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Cameramen
-Sphinx
-Chr33y

This way we both have people who have experience in editing and filming.

Actors
(Creeping Death) -
(The-Real-Game) -
(Kalashnikov) -
(Sphinx) -
(Dan200) -
(BMTwigzta) -
((GIT)R-Man) -
(Mad Jonesy) -
(Aim@me) -

Actors in waiting:
-Petas
-Lob

^^ This is here for those who want to help with acting. I want to know if any of the people themselves want to act their own parts. This way we wouldn't have them complaining about how they were portrayed.

Editors
-Sphinx
-Chr33y

Mappers (Or those who are accosiated with designing maps)
-RJ
-Shpinx
-

Sph!nx
11-02-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by ch33zy
sphinx, do you have a good sound recording program? I think us cameramen are gonna need em. Also, do you have a good net connection? Were gonna be dealing with huge files here.

Originally posted by LoB
As said before, I'm able and willing to help wherever I can - including acting ;)

And I still find recording through VCR and back through TV card bad :)
Why not use HL's features? ...

I already made some footage while I was playeing opposing force ..... I looked back te tape in it was a more than acceptable quality. .... I also have experiance of putting it to avi and I know that it still will be a good quality.

Pro's of using VCR :

- Still a good quality of audio and video
-can tape more than you would need without any trouble.
(just push in game on record)
- I can just record back to AVI what I need.
- dont have to make the avi out of hundreds of bmp's like the .dem posibility of HL it self.

In all fronts using the VCR is the best options.
Because is is WAY LESS TROUBLE AND PAIN IN THE ARS!
Still.... doing it the HL way you get a slightly better quality(

but when compressing it u will lose some of the quality)

But Kal is the main man......

LoB
11-02-2003, 06:12 AM
Yeah, while compressing you lose quality - and that's exactly why you should work with highest possible quality before :)
Of course you'd have to work with some thousand .bmp's - but what do you think avis are? A bunch of .pics put in a row... ;) I don't think anyone should have problems working with these avis - at least I didn't have any problems, and my PC is surely on the lowest end side of the forum regulars (have a look at "brag about your hardware" topic in the hardware forum if you're interested ;))

Sph!nx
11-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LoB
but what do you think avis are? A bunch of .pics put in a row... ... no shit :rolleyes:
... I guess your right about that all .... its just I am a busy man and doing it with my VCR would save some time .... but hey ... you tha camera man

Viger
11-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Kalashnikovo I would suggest setting up a server called Sven-Coop Movie audition. It might catch a few more eyes and help you decide on those who have good mics, also those who don't jig in and out. It may help you get enough actors quickly.

Petas
11-02-2003, 05:41 PM
I would have to disagree. I'd say that going to the forums for participants would be better, since you'd know who are the forum regulars or not. Many people who play Sven are either newbies or uncommunicative or would probably mess up the co-op scenarios...er, I don't know how else to put it, I'm just saying that the forum regulars would be more reliable.

Anyone have any idea of what I'm saying?:confused: Even I'm not sure.

I remember seeing a post similar to the one I'm making, it was on the Action Half-Life forums. They were discussing 'Roleplay AHL', which was just Action Half-Life but with roleplaying. They were saying that it was a bad idea to make the roleplay servers public, because there were too many people wanting to deathmatch and not roleplay. They were deciding to make the servers open to forum regulars who were interested and put a password on their server. Remember that this is just an example and should not be taken literally in referance to Sven.

So basically, the point is that forum regulars participating in this would be more reliable than random freshmen who are just looking for servers to play on. Something like that.:D

Solid Salamander
11-02-2003, 05:46 PM
A password would help. That way only the specific people he wants would get the message in a pm or something. Otherwise, some guy who hates Sven Co-op might join and kill all the friendly NPCs and then leave. :mad: So I think a password is the best way to prevent that kind of disaster.

Kalashnikovo
11-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Well, alrights. I am kind of at a major disadvantage as my parents aren't allowing me to play Half-Life or anything, maybe they would let me on my birthday.

Anyways, Before we can even start moving with the auditioning we have to get the map DONE! We really can't walk around in a big black box now can we? Anyways, any mappers interested in helping me out with the design of "the set" (I have no experience whatsoever on mapping!)

Let me know!

ch33zy
12-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by LoB
Yeah, while compressing you lose quality - and that's exactly why you should work with highest possible quality before :)
Of course you'd have to work with some thousand .bmp's - but what do you think avis are? A bunch of .pics put in a row... ;) I don't think anyone should have problems working with these avis - at least I didn't have any problems, and my PC is surely on the lowest end side of the forum regulars (have a look at "brag about your hardware" topic in the hardware forum if you're interested ;))

I thought of another reason why we should go with the tapes- When you convert the .dem to .bmp, its only a few frames per second, and that means we'd have to run it at humming bird speed to make the motion look any good. I still have to expiriment with my capture card.

LoB
12-02-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by ch33zy

I thought of another reason why we should go with the tapes- When you convert the .dem to .bmp, its only a few frames per second

Not necessarily. Good recorded demos (demos with cl_updaterate set very high) run very smooth. You can even adjust how many screenshots per second you'd like (by setting fps_max when using the startmovie-command), so you'd get perfectly constant screenshots without using too much disc space ;)

Sphinx019: No I'm not the camera man - just doing suggestions :)

Alpha571
12-02-2003, 04:40 AM
Id be interested, i get a fairly crap ping though
but maybe i could edit? currently i have 10 gb of free diskspace, im noobie at vid editing, maybe i could compile to avi or w/e

LoB
12-02-2003, 05:08 AM
BTW I have a solution to the camera man problem: HLTV.
Works great, we can have multiple camera men online at the same time - there is no hud or what so ever information on the screen (in contrast to other mods' hltv) - plain and simple perfect :)

Fortune2
12-02-2003, 06:26 AM
As for a set... we could build one by mapping, but what do you want in it? It would need scripts. Built almost completely on them. Meaning for out-door area to out-door area we'd need them to move the story along.

Ex. Heli swoops past, dosn't attack the people, but shoots off missles and blows up somthing.

Ex. (Inside.) Were running along and a garg bust through a wall and flips a car at us.

Sph!nx
12-02-2003, 06:44 AM
I already taped some footage and then made in in a avi ... (by using my pinnacle TV card) ... looks good, easy to work and edit... and does not take that mutch time ...

But I guess I am not going to be a cameraman ... more than one Cam.man is a hell of organizing and editing.... so if you are going to use more than one cameraman you get quality diffirence and you have to get one main editor .... that probable have to be the director of the movie .....

But Kal .... I would like to play (act) my own character though !!

Kalashnikovo
12-02-2003, 09:14 AM
alrights.

In the map it would be a large setting of Last Standing, from that we would create the nessacary locations and such.

FOr HLTV, can someone take it and test it out to see if it works with Sven Co-op and if it does then we have something to go with!

I'll get back to you guys this Saturday, if any mappers want to start mapping out Last Standing its inside a Canyon with buildings:

mess hall
storage warehouse 1
storage warehouse 2
storage warehouse 3
Barracks
Helipad (back corner)
Missile Opeartions Building.
Transit system in corner opposite entrance.

well, those are the buildings, all those who want to start mapping PLEASE post on this thread so I know who is working on it.

LoB
12-02-2003, 12:29 PM
FOr HLTV, can someone take it and test it out to see if it works with Sven Co-op and if it does then we have something to go with!

I already did that, sorry I didn't say that clearly. I had started an hltv server on my PC, joined my SC server (2 ppl playing on it) with it and then joined the HLTV server with my PC - I saw the players running around a.s.o. and had no hud or stuff at all. I was able to fly around whereever I wanted.
Any questions?

Btw if Sphinx019 doesn't want to be camera man I'd sure like to take that part, too - or stick with acting - whatever you need most.

Fortune2
12-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Could you Draw what you want mapped in Paint ?

Kalashnikovo
12-02-2003, 05:48 PM
alright, well we now know we have the HLTV proxy for filming..

Next thing is to the map. I will set up a page on hosting and post those pictures of Last Standing on there.

Petas
12-02-2003, 06:04 PM
I could probably help with some of the mapping. The only problem I have is with scripts, I've never even touched any of those entities in my entire mapping experience..

But I know most of the basic building, lighting, doors, etc...

I guess if I had enough time I could learn how to do those. I'm a quick learner but I mostly like to fiddle around with new ideas to get acquainted.:D

Kalashnikovo
12-02-2003, 07:35 PM
alrights.

I'll post the pics on the place tomorrow!

Viger
12-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Don't worry, the only entitiy I found to be the most fustrating was osprey. Also taking a class called computer logic will help also, helps improve your problem solving abilities.

Kalashnikovo
13-02-2003, 05:59 PM
http://kalashnikov.0catch.com/scmovie1.JPG

there she is..

its in paint so I think anyone mapping it can make it to be a nice straight base.....

Petas
13-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Nice concept, looks fairly simple to make.

Computer logic? :wtf: I'm not sure about those in USA, but my older brother took the course in his University semester. I'm not even in High School yet..

Petas
13-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Kinda off topic here. But oh well.

On the Militia II Movie, I noticed that almost all of the voices used were insanely clear for HL. I'm guessing that they were all probably on a LAN -- if they were, then how are we going to get good voices without lag if we're all over North America ? :confused:

Also, I remember a post on these forums requesting that the position of the arms were changed when holding weapons - I think that this is a good idea; couldn't you use custom animations instead of the HL ones for this movie? I'm pretty sure CS used a few custom ones(like the knife, and the 1.6 Tactical Shield), I'm not sure of the difficulty of doing this. It would really help the movie look better if the entire team wasn't hip-shooting the entire way. I prefer the way grunts hold their guns and actually look like they're aiming at their targets...

Puddy1
13-02-2003, 07:44 PM
I think the voices in the militia movie were dubbed over with recordings of the actors. The original militia movie has crackly, "regular" voice comm talk.

Sph!nx
14-02-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Puddy1
I think the voices in the militia movie were dubbed over with recordings of the actors. The original militia movie has crackly, "regular" voice comm talk.

It is ... i've seen the making off movie.

The original voices was a real laugh ... and full of bloopers :D

They originaly recorded it to a camera connected to a video out. Like I do with a VCR

KillJoy
17-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Why Not:

1: Use Half-Life's .DEM recording, then...
2:(edit) I can't find the name of the program that captures .AVI's from ANY source at nearly ANY resoultion..dammit.
If i can find the name of it, ill be sure to throw it your way.

But, recording an AVI file is, well, HUGE, would it be wize to put it in DivX format? And at what resoultion should the final product be? Also try to avoid caping to tape then back to AVI, loss of quality and reduced FPS depending on the cap card.

Whoever the Cameramen are, they MUST have fast internet connections and fast Video cards to boot.( A recomended speed for the AVI capture is....

1 GHZ or higher proc, 1.5GHZ prefered
512 MB Ram
25 GB free HD space, on a SECONDARY partition.
a 64 MB or 128 MB Video card that can reliably give 70 FPS, you wont need it for the final product, but the higher quality the better.

Also, FSAA and Brightness come in to dispute, as well as anistroptic filtering, generaly run it as good looking as possible without going under a playable limit.

Gotta jet, life calls:cool:

pincushionman
17-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Although it is highly unlikely that I will be at all involved in this project, I would like to give a few suggestions, if I may.

But first of all, sounds like a great project! Best of lu---...

Sorry, shouldn't say just that. Rather, Break a leg!

In response to the above posts, I say that if you want any decent voice quality you should dub the voices in after filming. This will not only allow for better voice quality in the final version of the film, but since you won't have to worry about lip-synching with the characters, it will allow for shooting without stopping for a line that someone messed up, as long as the rest of the shot went properly. It would also allow for the director to send cues to the actors, possibly reducing the number of rehearsals or shots to get the action right. Furthermore, it will eliminate the problem of sound effects in the audio transmission, if someone is sending a voice message but his mike is picking up his computer speakers.

The problem with this will come with choosing how to implement the overdub. Ideally, the actors would go to a studio and dub their voices in, but this would be impossible due to the actors being all over the country (world?), and I'm sure it is financially out of the question.

A group of voice actors in the same location could do all the dubs for the movie on the same machine, but I don't think the players would take too highly to having other voice actors dub their characters. I wouldn't like it, but it would be more consistent.

So I suggest after the shoot, sending back audio clips to the players for them to re-voice and be dubbed in during editing. But I urge them to find a friend or acquaintance who has a GOOD microphone and sound card (or better yet, real recording equipment) on which to do the re-voicing.

The next problem is sound effects. I haven't read the partial script, but I expect some of the dialogue to take place at times or places where there are other sound effects going on (gunfire, alien screams, etc.). If there is poor-sounding voice communication going on (or director's cues being shouted), those sound effects would also have to be cut out and dubbed in as well. If audio dubbing is your thing, you might like doing that, but if I had to do this, I'd think it's too much work.

My suggestion for this is to have the primary cameraman film as normal, possibly with the director giving him voice cues, and have a second "cameraman" (a "microphoneman," also using HLTV or whatever) who has his "voice recieve volume" set to ZERO so that he can record the sound effects to replace the (probably poor-sounding) audio track from the primary camera's AVI, over which voices and music can be dubbed. This would save a lot of time that would otherwise be needed for dubbing in sound effects.

However, since he can't recieve voice communications, you'd have to find a novel way of giving him directions. Maybe he could be in the same room as the cameraman or be accessed by phone. Text messaging would ruin the shoot.

Finding a way to remove the icons over people's heads when they talk would also be very good thing.

Lastly, before every area with monsters, there should be a switch that can reset every monster or scripted sequence that occurs after that area. That way if a certain shoot goes terribly wrong and everyone dies, you can just run back to the switch, respawn all the monsters, and shoot again, without having to re-load the map.

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes! I'm looking forward to seeing how this all works out!

-Pincushionman

Petas
17-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Those are some very, very nice ideas you got there. I hope we can figure out a way to use those, as they would be very useful. The switch is a good idea but I'm not sure if it's possible (I never use script sequences or many monsters).

As for the "speaker" icon thing above players, I'm pretty sure we could edit the sprite used for it, probably using Wally or something...I'll go see if I can modify it now. But since I have school tomorrow I'm not allowed to play games:mad: so I'll try to attach it on the forum after I'm done so someone else can test it.

Petas
17-02-2003, 11:00 PM
Alright, here it is. First, go to your halflife/valve/sprites folder. Make a backup of the file 'voiceicon.spr' then delete the original 'voiceicon.spr'. Now unzip the new voiceicon.spr into that same folder. As this is my first time doing something like this, it may work correctly or it may show a big black box.

EDIT: After testing, the only thing that remains is the icon in the lower right, which shouldn't cause a problem since we're now using HLTV.

If it works correctly then you should barely be able to see 1 pixel of dark greyness, shouldn't be that noticable.
Copy and paste the link because Brinkster doesn't allow remote linking..:
http://www27.brinkster.com/niteclaw/voiceicon.zip

Sph!nx
21-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by pincushionman
Maybe he could be in the same room as the cameraman or be accessed by phone. Text messaging would ruin the shoot.

Use a program called Roger Wilco

Daza400
21-02-2003, 11:53 PM
do guys still need a modelr i can do that

Reactor
22-02-2003, 05:52 PM
I could do the voice of an Australia :p

Daza400
22-02-2003, 06:03 PM
gees mate *Me aussie too :D* learn to spell australian and its great to see more australians on the board :p

Reactor
22-02-2003, 06:07 PM
haha I thought I would leave a good impression by using decent grammar :p

flyingmonkie
22-02-2003, 09:04 PM
ide be happy to join the team i can help u with what ever u need

slippery
24-02-2003, 02:24 AM
im from australia, i just dont post often :P

and this is looking good so far :P

Kalashnikovo
27-04-2003, 12:06 AM
THis thread hasn't been rplied to in a while, so let me try to motivate up some action here.

Right now I am getting to the point where (do we use HL: The Last Standing for the movie script, or an already present Sven Co-op Map?). What you do guys think?

Either way we are going to need:
Demo Recorders
Sound Recorders
actors
voice actors
modellers

If we go with last Standing
Mappers
possibly modellers/texturers

Sph!nx
27-04-2003, 06:06 AM
Well I like your story very mutch, but I think it is to diffucult to do. When I write a script for a movie in HL(sc) I always keep in mind what engine I am using and what kind off set-up I am using. The best way to start a movie is first create a team and then work with that to create a script so you get a script for a movie that you can realise with the crew and the rescources you have.

Kalashnikovo
27-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Alright!

Lets build the team!

ANYONE who wants to be a part of the Sven Co-op Movie post here and tell us what you want to do/can do. If your a mapper put that, if your good at recording demos, tell us, if your a modellers, etc. let us know!

Build da team!

Elestia
27-04-2003, 04:16 PM
I would like to be a headcrab, if that's possible, that spies on the team, or some special Xen Creature. If not, then maybe a scientist or barney/otis character that just fights in a big battle. I don't care if I die.

Email:derekchow57@hotmail.com

Solid Salamander
27-04-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Elestia
I would like to be a headcrab, if that's possible, that spies on the team, or some special Xen Creature. If not, then maybe a scientist or barney/otis character that just fights in a big battle. I don't care if I die.

Email:derekchow57@hotmail.com
That's not what he's looking for right now. He's looking for people to help MAKE the movie. He's already got all the characters. I'm one of them :)

Sph!nx
27-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Well Kal, I would like to join this project.
I can

- map
- reskinning.
- texturing.
- sound editting
- music (very basic stuff)
- writing
- video (demo) recording
- Demo to avi (using tvout and tv-in)
- video editing.

I've been interrested in machinima (filmmaking) for a long time now. and as you can see above I have been learning all about it. Also i've "studied" the acting part so I can also do acting coordination.

Im in your MSN so contacting me should not be a problem ;)

Elestia
28-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Oh. Well now I just feel stupid. :p

Sph!nx
30-04-2003, 05:10 AM
Well, don't. Actors are also very important for the movie, but don't think it is an easy job.

Altough the first thing that is needed are mappers,modellers.

JuggleNuts
30-04-2003, 10:25 AM
If you would need any post-production work done, me and my trusty copies of premiere and after effects are willing to help :D

Sph!nx
30-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by pincushionman

However, since he can't recieve voice communications, you'd have to find a novel way of giving him directions. Maybe he could be in the same room as the cameraman or be accessed by phone. Text messaging would ruin the shoot.

You have some good points there.
No phone, (cost money :P ) use a program like roger wilco.
(that is what I mostly use)

Matriarch
30-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Sphinx

You have some good points there.
No phone, (cost money :P ) use a program like roger wilco.
(that is what I mostly use)
phone dosnt cost money if ur parents pay the bills ;)

PiusVenator
30-04-2003, 07:47 PM
phone dosnt cost money if ur parents pay the bills

NOT TRUE! try doing that for 3.5h a day, 6 days a week, and pready soon you'll find out that YOU are paying the phone bill...

Kaizer
01-05-2003, 05:14 AM
That's true. However, in head (first plane) scenes I think you should use bots (furnitures, etc...) because they do the model movements with precision etc etc for all.

Kalashnikovo
03-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Well I have some forums up for the information on not only my story, but the Sven Co-op Movie we are making. You can find these forums @

laststanding.board.dk3.com

check it out! register and reply!

Kalashnikovo
06-05-2003, 07:20 PM
EDIT: The old forums have been replaced with nicely hosting, ad-free, nice comfortable hosting!

laststanding.servehalflife.com

CHECK THEM OUT AND POST ON THOSE FORUMS IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE SVEN CO-OP MOVIE TEAM! ONCE WE HAVE THE FIRST POSITIONS FILLED WE WILL BE WORKING A LOT ON THE FIRST STAGE!

For the first part we need mappers, once we get the mappers signed up the images and information on the map to be designed will start! COME ON! Do you want your name on this project and get others knowing that you've got some madd mapping skills? Post on the forums @ laststanding.servehalflife.com under Movie & Job Applications

NeWaBoRtIoN
06-05-2003, 09:09 PM
ok it sounds like its being made by amatures and i think its a very bad idea this will turn people away from sven coop
when people see "X-TREAM!" co-op "action" they'll be inpressed but when they join a server and its just a bunch of rushhour rambos omg its gona be nothing but flammes here thats what turned me away from battlefield 1942,i was watching these kick ass movies of it on the offical web site then i got the game and its NOTHING like the movies its gay!

Kalashnikovo
06-05-2003, 09:59 PM
we are actually using the game action dude, this movie is not showing what Sven Co-op games are like. This is just a film based on a mission that the Sven Co-op team went through. It is just like Militia Movie, etc except we aren;t in the same living place. CS is not like Militia Movie, but it was based on CS. Ours is exactly that. Not Sven Co-op, yet based on Sven Co-op.

Basically we are not trying to get anyones hopes up that Sven Co-op is the greatest game on earth, the mod can do that itself.

Hidden
07-05-2003, 05:16 AM
I can act and design the intro or whatever (2D graphics), if you like :3

Kalashnikovo
07-05-2003, 07:55 AM
go post on those other forums and we'll get talking!

Either that or leave your e-mail here. I am going to go through this entire thread and contact everyone who has said they want to participate. You have until the end of may to sign up for a position so we can get this off right away. (we're in stage 1 of the project right now, map development)

cscarlet
08-05-2003, 06:04 PM
i can help u out at stage 3
email me @ bulletpa@bulletpain.com
i can provide a mirror one in the UK on a 200mbit network and one in the US on a 750mbit network (although they have 100mbit nics so cant go faster than 100mbits), i will need to know in advance how big the file is

IonCannon
11-05-2003, 04:25 PM
I have sent you a email, posted on your boards but I will also post here. I can help at:

Acting (visual)
Mapping
sounds
PROPAGANDA (POSTERS, SPRAY PAINTS)
Camera man
and others (no modleing)

SEebiass
19-05-2003, 05:48 AM
Isn't there any way i could join the movie team as an actor and NOT speak?? plz, im norwegian and i want to be in a movie like this SOOO much but it's gonna sound sutpid and bad if i speak:( .. well?:confused:

Sph!nx
19-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Go to the movie forum and apply.
here is the url :

http://laststanding.servehalflife.com/

Kalashnikovo
19-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Right now I am talking with two mappers and they have proven they are worthy of working on this team. If any other mappers are interested on helping us out, it would be most appriciated.

Basically we are going to have the smaller bits and pieces of the movie completed first so then if any other mappers want to help out with the final project, we can.

Nathan
24-05-2003, 12:43 AM
I ain't the best mapper but i think i can do a place with tables knocked down but i just dont know how to put the monsters in so i can give you the map and you put monsters in.
If i can thanks and i will try to work on a map if not thanks for reading this anyway.Actually first i gotta learn how to complete it fully.

Nero
26-05-2003, 02:04 PM
HL was released in '97

God
26-05-2003, 05:08 PM
well i can act so so i mean im one of those hard to go down kind of players i play a lot of

socom
ghost reacon
cs
sven-coop
ect

so if needed i can do dodges jumps and ect i got the whole tactical part down if anything the most i would want is maybe a role like..i take a bolt for freeman or something and die saving him you know cheesy stuff like hit me back at freeloadin@hotmail.com

Nathan
29-05-2003, 02:17 AM
Ok I can map now and i know what to do but i cant give you a test map. So if the organaser has msn add me nathan__t@hotmail.com and i will send it to you

Scarlet spidey
04-06-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm in, I have a good voice and a lot of time on my hands.
Please let me be in this.
sime316@frontiernet.net

Scarlet spidey
04-06-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Nerio
HL was released in '97 98.

Kalashnikovo
04-06-2003, 07:26 PM
K scarlet, go and register over at http://hlfileshack.servehalflife.com and i'll put you into the scm team forums. That's where we'll have our progress reports and current status. If anyone still wants to get in on this they are more then welcome, the more mappers and voice artists, the better!

Kalashnikovo
16-06-2003, 06:33 PM
For anyone who is reading this, the production of this is coming along very nicely but I have not been in touch with several of the teams mappers for a while so I'll get back in touch. We are still hoping for modellers to help us out and if not we'll just go with the models that we currently have.

Since the maps are actually coming to a close, we are now looking for any and ALL help. Recorders, FTP hosters, modellers, texture artists, voice actors, visual actors. If you want to help, POST IT ON HERE! We are ready for any suggestions and ideas to the plot line!

ANY IDEAS! ANY HELP! ANY SUGGESTIONS! Would all be greatly appriciated. We hope to get rolling by next month latest.!

Woodsie
16-06-2003, 07:01 PM
I'd like to help if you need it....I'll can do the voice acting or something.

Email me or PM me if you want.

BTW, has chapter 2 of "Halflife The Last Standing" been written or posted somewhere?? I'm very curious as to the rest of the story.

Elestia
01-01-2004, 07:58 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D

ARISE FROM YOUR RUSTED COFFIN!

cscarlet
01-01-2004, 11:40 AM
hmm resurection of a very old post i see

Scarlet spidey
01-01-2004, 01:43 PM
I wonder what hapened:(

Kalashnikovo
01-01-2004, 03:14 PM
All of the mappers that were working on this never replied to any messages sent and basically it just died. I've been working little bits here and there on the map called laststanding, but its coming very slow because of the rock walls, i'm not very good at them.

Kalashnikovo
01-01-2004, 03:23 PM
This is my final asking to everyone out there reading this thread, if you truely want to help out, and work with this project to get it running and FINISHED, please stop by the forums located here:

http://hlfileshack.servehalflife.com/viewforum.php?f=45

PLEASE go there, it would be much easier for me to see who posted there, rather then come here, sort through every post and then try to think who wants to help. Also, feel free to e-mail me @ silentstriker@cscentral.com .

If there is enough interest shown we can get started, but if not, then there really is no point to re-start a project that will just fall apart again.

Those interested in sharing their ideas or thoughts about the movie, please go to:

http://hlfileshack.servehalflife.com/viewforum.php?f=44

EDIT: After reading the entire thread, the following individuals have posted about interest in joining the team. Please notify me if you are still interested!

LoB
Silver Sphinx
Petas
RJ
Nathan
Scarlet Spidey
Woodsie
ch33zy
Alpha571
Daza400
Reactor
flyingmonkie
Jugglenuts
Hidden
cscarlet
IonCannon
SEebiass
God
Irregular Hunter

I am sure there are others who have sent me an e-mail without replying to the thread, those that did please go to the forum links about!