PDA

View Full Version : [MAP TUTORIAL] Making Ladders and Glass

Mr.Hankey
10-04-2003, 06:59 PM
[MAP TUTORIAL] Making Ladders and Glass

Making a ladder...

1) You need a working map to use.
2) Pick a texture (I usually use LADDER1).
3) Place a func_wall in your map.
4) Open up the func_wall's attributes.
5) Change it's "Render Mode" to "Solid", and "Render Amount" to "255". This now makes a transparent ladder. But you won't be able to climb it, since it is a func_wall.
6) Now, place a func_ladder over the func_wall, but make it slightly larger, so we will be able to climb it.

And there you go! A working ladder, and transparent!

Now comes the glass...

1) Repeat "Making a ladder..." steps 1 - 2, but instead of the texture LADDER1, we'll use GLASS_MED.
2) Place a func_wall in your map.
3) Open it's attributes and change "Render Mode" to "Additive", and change "Render Amount" to "96".
4) Note: Changing the "Render Amout", will change the transparency of the glass.

There ya go! I hope this helped.

])rStrangelove
11-04-2003, 07:59 AM
It's certainly nice of you that you want to help out with tricks & tips, but in this case

- there are plenty of tutorials how to make a ladder all over the inet
- it's got nothing to do with svencoop mapping itself. so it's the wrong forum anyway (i think)

no harsh feelings ;)

Mr.Hankey
11-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Oh sorry, lol.

Wompo
13-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, those are helpful for new mappers like myself. :) Tried the ladder-tutorial, worked perfectly. (No need for glass yet.) Good thing that those tutorials were a simple what-to-do-list instead of lines and lines of (mostly) useless info which most tutorials have.
Thx for this. :)

Mr.Hankey
13-04-2003, 02:55 PM
No problem ...