PDA

View Full Version : sc map Preperation-x

.Wired.
15-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Yesterday me and a group of friends were playing sc and decided to give this map a try so we won't overplay the others or w/e.

Anyways...after playing through for a while we finally reached the last level (prepx3) which was insanely hard. You have to jump a chain link fence and end up in firefights with heavy weapon grunts with 18000hp, normal grunts with 4000hp, and an apache chopper flying in circles overhead bombing the crap out of us and gunning us down...and this thing had 80,000hp. All we had was magnums, no armor.

So finally we got fed up of trying to run for it and started slowly dropping the grunts, and hwguys, and eventually the chopper (by the end of the game our scores were between 2500 and 3500). But then nothing happened :eek:
This really annoyed us since it took so long to kill all the enemies....anyone know how to pass that last level??

Nih
16-06-2003, 08:31 AM
There is a tunnel at the end of the map. You were supposed to win when you entered it, but the maps creator couldn't figure out how to do it. (at least this is what he said in the maps thread)

Sven Viking
16-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Heh, I'm surprised anyone managed to get to the end to find out it didn't work :). PreperationX is the hardest map ever, as far as I know... good for 32-player games, I guess.

EvilPentaPenguin
16-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Sven Viking
Heh, I'm surprised anyone managed to get to the end to find out it didn't work :). PreperationX is the hardest map ever, as far as I know... good for 32-player games, I guess.

it took a long time, but me and my friend did it once, and a long time ago i did it only with a lot of players online. It takes a long long time to get the heli down. It's fun though :p

.Wired.
16-06-2003, 07:24 PM
lol...there was 4 of us, and ya...it was the biggest pain ever but we figured why not give it a try.

The worst part was for a while there it was only 2 of the 4 cause the other 2 (brothers) had to go eat lol
So that's when me and my other friend decided...if we can't even get around the corner....may as well start dropping these guys to give us a chance, and we slowly started dropping them. :D

goanna
20-06-2003, 06:13 AM
I wasn't bald before playing prep_3 but after finishing it, by myself 3 1/2 hours later, I had pulled so much hair out I am now bald on top, hehe.

Elfkin
20-06-2003, 06:54 AM
Preperation-x maps have LOTS of secrets :)

Have you found the water tunnel? "You Perv!"

Preperation-y: I love the 'park' area. It has such
a open feel to it. Looks good too!
(Dang spies! Dang Heli! hehehe)

The last part of Prep-Y... Ummm...
Well. I enjoyed the flying bit...

EvilPentaPenguin
20-06-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Elfkin
Preperation-x maps have LOTS of secrets :)

Have you found the water tunnel? "You Perv!"

Preperation-y: I love the 'park' area. It has such
a open feel to it. Looks good too!
(Dang spies! Dang Heli! hehehe)

The last part of Prep-Y... Ummm...
Well. I enjoyed the flying bit...

The secret water tunnel is in powernode3 not preperationx3 :\

Elfkin
21-06-2003, 01:19 AM
Ouch! My bad. :confused:

Sorry about that.

Lymphoid
22-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Geeze, PX3 is extremely accelerated insaness.
I deleted the map a long time ago, along with Battlefield because that shiz freezes up in the second part. Has anyone beaten Battlefield?

EvilPentaPenguin
22-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Lymphoid
Geeze, PX3 is extremely accelerated insaness.
I deleted the map a long time ago, along with Battlefield because that shiz freezes up in the second part. Has anyone beaten Battlefield?

Yes, Battlefield is easy..I don't even get any lag on my pc...In the end you break a giant crystal and it ends.

Suicidal
22-06-2003, 07:40 PM
This map sounds like annoying fun...

Lymphoid
22-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by EvilPentaPenguin

Yes, Battlefield is easy..I don't even get any lag on my pc...In the end you break a giant crystal and it ends.

Yeah, i know what's at the end. :rolleyes:

.Wired.
23-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Ya the map is annoying fun lol

If you don't know about the never ending thing (like I did and my friends at first) then it's extremely annoying and frustrating. But it's also funny as hell watching a group of 4 people rush the backyards only to see 3 of them get blown to the side by the hw grunts, and the 4th get blown away by an apache missile.