PDA

View Full Version : a map idea/suggestion

Woodsie
20-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Has anyone thought to make a rats-styled sven map???

I think it would be neat............would make you feel like an actual G.I.Joe guy you played with as a kid but you'd be doing it for real.

Just curious

Sven Viking
21-06-2003, 03:08 AM
You mean a map where the players are supposed to be toy-sized? Sniper was actually working on something like that... not sure of whether it's cancelled, or just on hold while he works on the code.

Sph!nx
21-06-2003, 05:45 AM
I have been working on a map like that ... I also created toon textures and reskins for it, but I kinda have that map on hold.

(GIT)r-man
22-06-2003, 01:54 AM
I've toyed with the idea of mapping out my apartment with the players the size of rats but every time I've dropped the idea because of the complexity of the textures needed...

])rStrangelove
22-06-2003, 04:46 AM
Would be a cool project for HL2. Just imagine throwing all your stuff off your shelf. :D

Plus the physics engine allows you to make up catapult-like features (player stands on 1 side of a plank with an obstacle in the middle and then another player drops something heavy on the upper side). WEEEEE ! :p

PD-KC
22-06-2003, 06:33 AM
I have thought of that thing too... I just need replacement models and such, and it's not my 'top-priority' map project. :)

Sph!nx
22-06-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by ])rStrangelove
Would be a cool project for HL2. Just imagine throwing all your stuff off your shelf. :D

Plus the physics engine allows you to make up catapult-like features (player stands on 1 side of a plank with an obstacle in the middle and then another player drops something heavy on the upper side). WEEEEE ! :p

Cool for complecated puzzles ... like the traps in cartoons (tomm and jerry and stuff)

The Green Lantern
25-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Yes that would be a good Idea. Ive always liked Rats styled maps in CS and other games like HL Deathmatch.

Shadow Wolf
25-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Lego Grunts anyone? :D

Turbo9000
26-06-2003, 01:13 AM
High detail textures aren't REALLY needed (GIT)R-man... just stretch out regular ones really far. They might look a little pixelly, but it's not that noticeable. I mean, it worked for the 'Rats' ones, right?

evangelion unit 0
26-06-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Wolf
Lego Grunts anyone? :D

yes please! and those green plastic dudes as ailian grunts and a cat as a garg

LancingFury
04-07-2003, 11:59 AM
a cat as a garg! great idea!!!! excepot where would both flame jets go...? plus some peeps (me) might have a problem shooting a cat, so youd better make it look really evil.

Sph!nx
04-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by LancingFury
a cat as a garg! great idea!!!! excepot where would both flame jets go...? plus some peeps (me) might have a problem shooting a cat, so youd better make it look really evil.

Take out the anim's ... then he just use his melle attack ... if he has one (I forgot :| )

Turbo9000
04-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Yeah, the Garg can kick people.

MedievalManIII
04-07-2003, 04:11 PM
have lego knights for martial arts assassins

Edcrab
04-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Hmm. Anyone ever thought of taking the scale down REALLY far? Remember the level of USS Darkstar where you actually physically entered the computer system? Nanobots gone bad :D

Hmm. Thinking of map ideas, a VR styled follow up where you take on freaky virus enemies as a seemingly ordinary world begins corrupting...

MedievalManIII
04-07-2003, 09:09 PM
a idea is that you get really huge and you fight little grunts

Turbo9000
05-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by MedievalManIII
a idea is that you get really huge and you fight little grunts

Whoa, that would be cool! Fighting tiny grunts as they come out of a toy box or something...

Or maybe you could be huge with small buildings around you, and the army is trying to kill you before you can destroy all the buildings... that might be kinda fun. Especially if all you have is a crowbar to crush them with.

MedievalManIII
05-07-2003, 09:27 AM
your as big as a strider and u beat it up with a herring. u crush the gman's shubbery and then step on the gman

or have it like tron where you get hacked into a computer and you throw little discs at computer viruses and u get like antivirus software as your ally...

Lt.Chicken
13-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Oh god the possiblitlies i can see it all now! someone shrinks the apache model but cant shrink the hvr_rocket model it uses! so youve got tiny helicopters firing gigantic missles!!!!
A 'Giants' map would be fun, like the opposite of rats. New model for the egon being your 'Godzilla Firebreath' and new crowbar model as 'The allmighty smashing..... thing!!!'. The firebreath could just be a pair of jaws like in NS only you shoot fire! (or the laser thing). yes that would be cool.