PDA

View Full Version : Finding Svencoop internet games

mikenowo
22-06-2003, 08:44 PM
In multiplayer/internet, I tried filtering the games for only Svencoop games (from the drop down list) but get every type of HL game in the list instead. How come the filter doesn't work when you choose a game type from the list that HL provides?

Is there a better way to find only Sven games online? I noticed a couple of servers amid the huge list I get back, but no one was on.

Thx,

SharkMan
22-06-2003, 08:48 PM
I had that problem too i dont know why that happened. but i now use All-Seeing Eye (http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html) for all my games.

the link is in the text:)

Sven Viking
22-06-2003, 10:00 PM
ASE is pretty good, yup.

mikenowo
23-06-2003, 12:19 AM
Thx, will give it a try.

EvilPentaPenguin
23-06-2003, 12:53 AM
I use ASE and Gamespy Arcade..normally I use gamespy cos I think the ASE backround is boring and I've payed for GSA anyways. If u actually pay for it Gamespy is great, it's fast at "refreshing" and easy to join games, although there are things that are better in ASE, such as telling the location of server (well, as long as u know the countrys' flags). Just depends on my mood, although, like I said, I use GSA more often by far.

The only problem with GSA is when u don't pay ur $20, u are always getting ads which have to load before u can close them. They can be very very annoying at times..

SharkMan
23-06-2003, 01:17 AM
yeah i just recently paid for a lifetime subscription of ASE, seemed really cheap for lifetime.

nothing is free these days; it took me about a year of getting fed up w/ stupid ASE dl waits, reminders, and crap. but know its all gone, and theres this fileshack thing, that has mods and stuff in it i never noticed b4.

Nih
23-06-2003, 03:30 AM
Check the "is playing game" box, and THEN select svencoop.

Kalashnikovo
23-06-2003, 10:46 AM
it sometimes come when ur net is acting up which causues some sort of problem with the filters. Anyways just find an ip from these forums and connect and it should fix the problem. Finding one somehow corrects the problem.

crummy
23-06-2003, 11:09 PM
and don't forget to click apply filter. or maybe just filter.

meh. i'm probably wrong. just get al lseein eye.

evangelion unit 0
24-06-2003, 11:19 AM
gsa just crashed my pc so i filter hl list to my favs now

Panzerfaust
24-06-2003, 01:13 PM
HLSW is also very good, I use it for all games that I have (Q3, MOHAA, JK2, HL, etc.)

osidio
27-06-2003, 08:21 PM
http://www.gametiger.net/search?mod=svencoop

End of thread.