PDA

View Full Version : A Developer Kit?

Undeadenemy
22-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Do you think we could have some kind of developer kit? That way we could make use of new features before the new version comes out. If we release maps that use new version features early, they could be included with the release and more people would play them. However, its far less likely someone will play your map if its not included in the release. Heres some ideas for what could be included in the developer pack if you decide to make one:

.fgd file with new entities (BMT's is recomended)

.fgd should obviously include model viewing (BMT's does)

Maybe a temporary, stripped down version of 2.5 or 3.0 (whichever it is now) So that we can gameplay test the new monsters. Obviously, not a fully functional version, just something with enough code to do what we need and nothing else.

You could send a press release to gaming websites hint hint

Sven Viking
22-06-2003, 11:25 PM
Thanks, we'll consider something like that. We're already intending to release the FGD early, but can't 'til everything's finalised. I don't think our version has model support... if BMT was willing, we could probably have him add it into the FGD before we released it. Good idea there!

LancingFury
28-06-2003, 11:26 AM
I am the guy who added model support for Spirit of Half-Life's mod, and I would bhe willing to do it for Sven Co-op. Email me at charsofthelp@netscape.net if interested.

Hezus
28-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Seems like a good idea. I would use it if it isn`t to much for a download, I`m only on 56 K.

Sniper
28-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by LancingFury
I am the guy who added model support for Spirit of Half-Life's mod, and I would bhe willing to do it for Sven Co-op. Email me at charsofthelp@netscape.net if interested.

What?

Sven Co-op has had model support for ages.

Mutant
28-06-2003, 02:05 PM
I think he means model support for Sven Co-op's .fgd... Not necessarily the mod itself. Check out this thread on spirit's forum:
http://www.chatbear.com/board.plm?a=viewthread&t=538,1050697611,4050&id=443469&b=839&v=flatold

I don't generally enjoy joining these contests for contributing to Sven Co-op, though to be honest I feel somewhat obliged as I've already made an .fgd for Sven Co-op with model support, as well as numerous other things:
http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12950

MedievalManIII
28-06-2003, 02:33 PM
a developer kit seems like a good idea for svencoop map makers n stuff

LancingFury
28-06-2003, 04:03 PM
oh, ok, if he already did it, i guess theres no need then.

and yes, an sdk would be superb, i would like to add the panther and/or the kingpin.