PDA

View Full Version : New News + Huge Video!

Sven Viking
24-06-2003, 01:35 AM
http://www.svencoop.com/

Agent Pingwin
24-06-2003, 02:32 AM
ooooohh neato, i can tell some server hosts are gonna have alot of fun with ripent when 3.0 gets released :p

SharkMan
24-06-2003, 02:36 AM
that video was really cool. i cant wait. :D

Honking Donkey
24-06-2003, 02:59 AM
Its nice that the death messages have become much more spacific by telling us which monster killed sniper

Alpha571
24-06-2003, 03:06 AM
Looks cool
Was that some new sprites i saw when he got hit? it looked yellow. And when he was driving.
Or was it just my eyesite?

tweak
24-06-2003, 03:14 AM
Very cool!! I can't wait!!

Felix
24-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Lets all give a big scream to svencoop team.

THIS IS GREAT

cscarlet
24-06-2003, 04:43 AM
or how about several different screams

i take it sound was taken seperatly as it was out the whole way through, but other than that its highly impressive

Sven Viking
24-06-2003, 05:06 AM
cscarlet: The sound was recorded separately, but it's in sync when I play it... are you using Windows Media Player, or something else? Try the low-quality version, perhaps, in case the player's having trouble with the bitrate? Not sure of the interleaving...

A|{i|2A
24-06-2003, 05:25 AM
wheeee! more new news :D i'm downloading the movie clip now although it's going to take me a while to download the hq clip on 56k :(

goanna
24-06-2003, 05:29 AM
I think I wet myself while watching this video! This 3.0 is looking so freaking awesome. I love the "They Hunger" aspects, since the "They Hunger" series is my favorite singleplayer mod of them all. I am running a satilite and subwoofer speaker system so sounds are a big part of my game play. I may even go out now and get a soundblaster sound card, hehe. I used the DivX player to play the video and I noticed the sound sync off a bit too but WHO the f__K cares. It was pretty cool watching Sniper run around trouncing the monsters. Having friendly grunts ready behind those doors to ambush the enemy was great, re-enforcements.

Freaking Neo
24-06-2003, 05:30 AM
Cant wait for the beta's :(

Sph!nx
24-06-2003, 06:09 AM
I am dl-ing i now .... can't wait :D YAY!

Wow ... I watched it ... and almost wet my pants of joy .... j/k

Looking good people !

PD-KC
24-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Honking Donkey
Its nice that the death messages have become much more spacific by telling us which monster killed sniper

Yeah, and then I can change my name to "alien slave" and claim to be a hacker killing my teammates... :rolleyes:

Great video! :D Especially the truck and the frankenstein replacement. :)

I'm more excited about the func_train sound replacement. ;)

Pyroclasm
24-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Sweet video guys, this makes me want SC even more! Even though I won't be able to play...

Hidden
24-06-2003, 08:34 AM
Wow, really cool stuff there.. didn't expect to see the op4 grunts, was a nice touch.

This adds LOTS of possibilities for mappers, especially themed maps, like zombie towns etc

can't wait :)

cscarlet
24-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Sven Viking
cscarlet: The sound was recorded separately, but it's in sync when I play it... are you using Windows Media Player, or something else? Try the low-quality version, perhaps, in case the player's having trouble with the bitrate? Not sure of the interleaving...
i would get a grey screen in windows media player, it appears fine if i fast forward but at start its out of sync, which might mean my heap of junk aint fast enough to intialize sound quickly enough

Sniper
24-06-2003, 10:12 AM
"As before, you'll need the DIVX 5.05 codec installed."

Lurid
24-06-2003, 10:37 AM
*DROOOOOOL*:p

Solid Salamander
24-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Wow, that was amazing! Is there some kind of blood replacement thing too? I'm asking because those zombie replacements had red blood and as far as I'm aware, all zombie replacements have yellow blood in the current version (for most SC players, that would be 2.1). Anyway, the new sounds made each monster or vehicle seem like itself, making the "They Hunger" monsters creepy and the truck actually sound like a truck. Once again, nice job Sven team! :)

Navck
24-06-2003, 12:12 PM
It looks like you can even make a mini They Hunger map, hehe

Panzerfaust
24-06-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm guessing the next big announcement is related to They Hunger. ;)

As for the video, I'm dling it.

GJ so far sven team, but how are you gonna top 3.0? (FAR off question.)

EDIT: Judging by the fact someone dropped a Monster Pack showcase down, 3.0 is VERY close to release. I'm guessing the 2.0 release date as this one's release?

MedievalManIII
24-06-2003, 12:32 PM
thats hotness! map makers can make "new" monsters to create a new feel to svencoop! awesum!

tdw
24-06-2003, 12:46 PM
I would have to say that Sven Co-op is no longer just a Half-Life mod. But a full blown FPS Co-op Development Kit. Excellent work guys!

flashkit.com has some freeware soundfx for download. Might be able to find some replacement sounds to use there.

http://www.flashkit.com/soundfx/?

Sniper
24-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Solid Salamander
Wow, that was amazing! Is there some kind of blood replacement thing too? I'm asking because those zombie replacements had red blood and as far as I'm aware, all zombie replacements have yellow blood in the current version (for most SC players, that would be 2.1). Anyway, the new sounds made each monster or vehicle seem like itself, making the "They Hunger" monsters creepy and the truck actually sound like a truck. Once again, nice job Sven team! :)

Yes, that was one of the focuses in the video. The custom zombies and headcrabs had red blood, the normal versions had yellow.

You can now set the blood color for monsters, as well as their class type. That's why the Zombie Human Grunts didn't attack anything but the scientists and player.

guinny
24-06-2003, 01:26 PM
wait is this the big vid that we've all been waiting for?

Sniper
24-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by guinny
wait is this the big vid that we've all been waiting for?

Yes.

Matriarch
24-06-2003, 04:27 PM
what about that error out of sfx_t wont that come back if someone makes a map where there are hundreds of custom monsters with different sounds?

Mugsy2002
24-06-2003, 06:59 PM
for me the video's kinda screwed up, the sound is around 20 seconds ahead fo the video, so the sounds already happen while im (sniper i mean) is shooting at the headcrabs.

but im happy that FINALLY the shotgun has the pump action thing fixed. thats what i really wanted.

2-trigger-happy
24-06-2003, 08:18 PM
OMG SWEET! SNIPER should get paid for his work.:rolleyes:

Sniper
24-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Just make sure you have the latest DivX codecs, and the video should be fine.

Sven Viking
24-06-2003, 11:50 PM
what about that error out of sfx_t wont that come back if someone makes a map where there are hundreds of custom monsters with different sounds?
Yup, unless Valve changes things, mappers'll still have to keep a close eye on their sound counts, entity counts, etc.

Panzerfaust
25-06-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Mugsy2002
for me the video's kinda screwed up, the sound is around 20 seconds ahead fo the video, so the sounds already happen while im (sniper i mean) is shooting at the headcrabs.

but im happy that FINALLY the shotgun has the pump action thing fixed. thats what i really wanted.

The sound thing happened to me, just pull back the bar which indicates the movie length (the one that moves, to put it plainly.) just bring it back a millimeter and it will fix itself. Or try pausing it and playing it again.

Ne0
25-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Great job.

Felix
25-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Double post delete 1 of them as usual.

Mugsy2002
25-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Felix
Double post delete 1 of them as usual.

what are you, some kind of cop? if he double posted, let him notice it, or tell a moderator about it.

comment about the news n' video instead of beaing a cop here.

About Video: i like the idea of having different models into one map, and same class, and blood. etc. train sounds. it sounds pretty damn cool.

Turbo9000
25-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Some people are just eager to point out things to the guys in charge, maybe to gain recognition. No big deal.

But uh, great job on all the new stuff doods. I am impressed!

Sph!nx
25-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Guys, cut it out!

instead of bitching about it you'd be better off to show some respect to him ... He meanth it the best of interrest.

On topic: My bro and sis watched the video they liked what they saw ... I guess (and hope) a couple of more regulars on the forum ;-) Good Job!

Felix
25-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Jeez.... Any help to the over charged Moderators I think would be appreciated by them but its ok. If you guys want me to stop I will stop.

About the video

What we see there its more than a mere Sound replacement technolegy. Its a monster replacement technolegy.

Panzerfaust
25-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Felix
Jeez.... Any help to the over charged Moderators I think would be appreciated by them but its ok. If you guys want me to stop I will stop.

About the video

What we see there its more than a mere Sound replacement technolegy. Its a monster replacement technolegy.

Felix, next time just press the report to moderator button.

OnT: Good stuff, I can't wait for They Hunger Coop, I've gained the nerve to play through it, and I find it more frustrating then scary, half the time I'm running around to find where to go next.

Ne0
25-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Idea: To avoid makeing this topic go to hell, just dont say anymore about double posts, and mabey PM the person next time.

Sushi
25-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Yay! I can finally play They Hunger with my friends! And easily kill stuff! yAy!

Panzerfaust
25-06-2003, 10:34 PM
I have a problem with THC, I just realized it playing the game.

It's not scary AT ALL with more than 3 people.