])rStrangelove
28-06-2003, 04:23 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/DrStr4ngeluv/SC/pic2.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/DrStr4ngeluv/SC/Swars_shot1.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/DrStr4ngeluv/SC/Swars_shot5.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/DrStr4ngeluv/SC/Swars_shot3.jpg

LINKS:

Powered by www.File-Upload.net
Swars Installation Map Series (4 MB) (http://www.file-upload.net/download_21.10.06_7v6qvx.rar.html)
SWars Shocktrooper & Gaussgun replacement sprites & sounds (100 KB) (http://www.file-upload.net/download_21.10.06_wmy43x.rar.html)
SWars Texture wadfiles (5.74 MB) (http://www.file-upload.net/download_21.10.06_uzejk3.rar.html)

Unzip these files into your HalfLife directory.

NOTE: The replacement zip will overwrite some sprites and wave sounds of the shocktrooper and gaussgun. It will NOT change your svencoop version to such a point that other maps will 'feel' rediculous, i guarantee for it. However, if you're afraid of loosing your files, make copies of the files that are in this zipfile.

TIPS:
- Shoot everything that shoots you and don't let'em hit ya !
- Pay special attention not to block your teammates view when fighting troopers.
- Oh, and watch your own satchels - these things hurt !

Plz post everything from bugs to constructive critism. I may add that these very big maps are close to the maximum the HL engine / Worldcraft can compile, so suggestions to add more details somewhere will be most likely ignored by me. ;)

MIRRORS:
If anyone can upload these files somewhere else and post the mirror links here, i'd really appreciate it. My friend's server has a certain traffic barrier. :D

Did i forget something ? I think not. Otherwise, just ask.

Happy blasting ! :)

[SOURCE FILES AVAILABLE] ================================

If someone is interested to make some great Starwars / Clonewars maps for Svencoop, gimme a shout! :D

Irregular Hunter
28-06-2003, 04:24 PM
I POSTED FIRST!!!!
Great job, I'm looking forward to it, downloading now....

Felix
28-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Beta... Its all the maps right???

EDIT

Bastard you posted first.

Sph!nx
28-06-2003, 05:04 PM
I downloaded the pack, but I will play it tomorrow and give feedback. I've just formatted my computer so tomorrow I will install all my HL and mods.

I will edit this post when I played the mappack ;)

Lord Of The P!ngs
28-06-2003, 05:11 PM
GoodJob on the maps :D

Felix
28-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Ok lets started

OK everything was great. Architecture, lightning.

Playbility. Oh well, no shortcuts.

The enemies drops ShockRoaches. Isnt there a option to dissable that.

Being beta you havent replaced the Gibs. Shocktropper gibs.

The enemy makes soo much damage. 3 hits and we are dead.

Overall

8/10 (no shortcuts, damage is not equal)

Gj i wait for the full map pack

Irregular Hunter
28-06-2003, 05:46 PM
I liked it all apart from the difficulty, I think it's recommened to play with over 8 players

Nih
28-06-2003, 06:19 PM
The enemies drops ShockRoaches. Isnt there a option to dissable that.

Being beta you havent replaced the Gibs. Shocktropper gibs.

You will have to wait for 2.5 to do that.

Aden
28-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Looks great. Difficulty is a little hard though. I haven't played it with people yet so I can't comment too much.

Edit: Just played with 2 others. Fun map, but without shortcuts it gets kinda long. Difficulty is bearable, I guess, if you have 4+ people. Great architecture, really looks like Star Wars. Maybe you can come up with a story to go along with the maps.

ZeroByte
28-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Wheee! Downloading these maps now. I'm gonna rope in some friends to play this later on. I'll post my comments later :)

RJ8722
28-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Awesome map. Even though it could have used some more enemies, oh well. Maps could have been just a little bit longer in my opinion but there were fine for now :).

FuNiOnZ
28-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Accccck two different zips

FuNiOnZ
28-06-2003, 10:57 PM
My god... just got done playing it with about 8 people on my server. Id have to say those maps were beautifully done sir, my only gripe is that they end (we all wanted more) and the little shockroaches that pop out. Other than that, awesome work and I hope to see more quality stuff like this from you guys in the months to come.

GhostReconGE
28-06-2003, 11:19 PM
This is a great map. I am a fan of starwars this map is realy great. I love it, I bet any starwars fan would like this map. In next version are u gonna make shock rifles into the blasters, or are you gonna leave em?

Some things I didn't like were. Shock troopers bleeding green blood. Shock trooper gibs well I fixed that by replace the gibs with human gibs. shock roaches, if ur gonna do the alien in storm trooper's back back then u need a back pack :D.

])rStrangelove
29-06-2003, 03:17 AM
Wow, thx for all the great comments. Let's see what we have so far:

SHORTCUTS:
Only the 1st map has shortcuts. There are doors that will open once the crate area has been solved. There's a bonus room to fill up shields and ammo. From there you can easily go to the 3rd room (another hangar).

I had difficulties making shortcuts in the other 2 maps because of huge height level differences. Plus the overall maplayout didn't turn out as i had planned (mostly because of vis reasons to keep the fps low). Hmmm. I'll take a look into the 2nd and 3rd map, but the 1st map is well equipped with shortcuts (i think).

SHOCKROACHES:
As soon as the next Svencoop version is out, this will be fixed.

SHOCKTROOPER GIBS:
I wanted to keep the use of replacement models to a minimum. Sure, you could turn around your whole svencoop version to suit a starwars universe, but that's up to the ppl and i didn't want to force them to do that just to play my maps.

You may ask the nice ppl on the H.I.T. forums to post starwars replacements. ;)

TO HARD, NOT ENOUGH ENEMIES:
That's exactly what i had in mind. I didn't want the player to fight 20 Troopers at once, i wanted a feeling like in the movies. Plus less Troopers means more fps.
So every Trooper is a little match for you. You have to use cover and teamwork to your advantage. These Troopers have certain fire patterns they will follow, it's a big help once you get used to it. Keep dodging side to side when fighting them and aim for their heads ! Blaster shots hurt !
Don't let them hit you. The rule to remember is: you will die before them if you take hits.
Besides: grenades are good to confuse them for 2 seconds.

It's hard to find a setting that will suit everyone, because it has a lot to do with personal taste. This is a coop mod after all, it's supposed to be not that easy.

I myself can complete every map with around 6 deaths with 15 min of playtime. There are tricks like shooting generators to get rid of hazards and it helps to search dark corners and high places for hidden equipment (medpacks, batteries and ammo).

# OF PLAYERS
There are start positions for 16 players.

STORY
A short story can be found in the motd textfile that appears when launching a LAN game. Only on the 1st map though.

NOT LONG ENOUGH
As mentioned before, these maps are near the maximum Worldcraft can compile. I had serious issues and had to cut everything down a month ago. (It was supposed to be 1 map) :D

THE MAPS END
Yes, these are walkthrough maps, no arenas. I'll release everything mappers need to make more swars maps. It took me 6 months to make this little series and i don't know if i got the time to do more. (HL2 is on the horizon)

That's it. Keep up the good comments ! :cool:

cscarlet
29-06-2003, 03:51 AM
:D I'll take a look at this map ASAP!

cscarlet
29-06-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by ])rStrangelove
MIRRORS:
If anyone can upload these files somewhere else and post the mirror links here, i'd really appreciate it. My friend's server has a certain traffic barrier. :D

Did i forget something ? I think not. Otherwise, just ask.

Happy blasting ! :)
After Postal2 has removed there link which has literally sucked my bandwidth dry and its July 1st I would be happy to host it

])rStrangelove
29-06-2003, 04:48 AM
Thx, that would be awesome ! :)

ZeroByte
29-06-2003, 05:46 AM
Ahh.. just played the map with another friend. Quite a good map. Great architecture and lighting. It has some issues though.

Fights with the Storm Troopers are quite fun, although I do wish there could have been some variety to the enemies we fought. Kinda difficult to make the HL monsters fit into the SW universe though so I understand.

I thought map 1 was pretty good with a good mix of puzzles and fighting.

Map 2 was a bit more meh'ish. I think what really irritated me about the map was the lack of shortcuts/moving spawns. You said shortcuts were hard to build into the maps, how about you just move the spawn points? For map two, maybe move the spawn either before or after the evil jumping thing of doom. The jumping thing is also quite difficult though it's a nice touch.

Map 3.. the troopers barracks was pretty dfficult to handle with 2 persons.. still, prolly easier to handle if there's more people in the server.

I think the only real issue I have with the maps is the lack of shortcuts, especially in level 2. Didn't manage to complete the whole of level 2 either because of the jumping thing..

Creeps
29-06-2003, 08:17 AM
You have got a pretty neat map when it comes to architechture and textures and model replacement. but....

You have no sense of gameplay!!

Where were the healthpacks? Where was the extra ammo? A maze is just anoying, the enemies are too hard and the amount of weapons is just too low. Sorry man, fix that and do something about the atmosphere, it didnt came over to me as "Star Wars" it was just anothing SC map with SW textures.

The-Real-Game
29-06-2003, 08:21 AM
First of all, I have to say looks wise this map is pretty damn good. The atmosphere is very star wars like in all the areas.
The puzzles elements were pretty decent also, for example the laser force field.

But

Gameplay (sorry to be so blunt) is extremly poor.
Apart from some of the puzzles it is not at all fun or entertaining. The first maze bit just became annoying after 5 or so minutes. The lack of shortcuts seriously needs to be addressed, as it pulls the gameplay even further down.
The actual battles with the storm troopers were poor too, it was nothing like in the film, it just didn't have that feeling of ducking behind cover and firing shots back and forth.
On the first map after going through the maze and finding the room with grenades we came to the next part, and both doors were locked, and there seemed to be no where to go next. We stopped on the third map as the battle with 40 stormtroopers got so tedious after a while.

You simply must improve the gameplay, the map itself is mostly good, but it's just no fun to play.

DAN200
29-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Creeping Death
it was just anothing SC map with SW textures.

And nice textures they are too :p This has probably been answered somewhere else, but did you actually make these yourself or rip them from Jedi Knight II?

])rStrangelove
29-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Texture are made from scratch, some from ref pics of the movies.

GAMEPLAY SUX ?
I can't quite understand why the last posts say gameplay was no fun.

The 1st map is nothing more than a trooper shooting gallery. That is because i wanted ppl to get used to fighting the troopers.
Most of the later puzzles (2nd and 3rd map) are especially designed for coop play, these maps are where most of the brainwork did go into.

AMMO & HEALTH
Don't rush through the maps like crazy. Ammo, weapons and medipacks are there, hidden somewhere in the maps (no, there are no secret doors that look like walls, just search on top of crates or behind corners).
Apart from that ppl can heal each other a bit.

DOORS ARE LOCKED
These are either doors that open once a certain area has been completed or normal doors where the buttons are within a few meters. It's not like you have to search for buttons, i personally hate that. If you can't see a button next the door, try to go another way.

THE 40 TROOPERS PUZZLE
Did anyone use the auto cannon there ? It's doesn't take much time to waste the 40 troopers. There is a corner next to the cannon, where you can hide away but still can swing the cannon left to right while firing. This should get rid of the Troopers quite fast, especially when there are more players.

Other way is to confuse troopers by firing / throwing grenades from teh cannon position while another player tries to climb around these vent exits. He has to break through, press the button for the bridge (at cannon position) and if he can do it, press the button right of the barracks to seal the barrack doors forever.

(Sounds nice in theory, but it's quite tricky to do in the matrix, i admit. It is no doubt the hardest puzzle in the maps.)

STARWARS ATMOSPHERE
Starwars textures, level design and models, what else to do for Starwars atmosphere ? Are you sure you installed the SWars replacement zipfile ? Those sounds / sprites should boost atmosphere even further.
I know that some ppl didn't DL the replacement package, i took a look into the server logs. Plz don't complain about lack of atmosphere then.

MORE SHORTCUTS
Yes, it would be a bit tricky to add these, but i'll take a look at that. Promised.

WALKTHROUGH
I could make a walkthrough doc with screenshots if you guys want. Although the map layout isn't that complicated, it helps to play the map series several times.

Creeps
29-06-2003, 10:07 AM
The 1st map is nothing more than a trooper shooting gallery. That is because i wanted ppl to get used to fighting the troopers. Exactly! That's no fun! There's not real goal in the first map other then run through a maze with stormtroopers all over. People got used to fighting, believe me.

AMMO & HEALTH
Don't rush through the maps like crazy. Ammo, weapons and medipacks are there, hidden somewhere in the maps (no, there are no secret doors that look like walls, just search on top of crates or behind corners).
Apart from that ppl can heal each other a bit.
I NEVER ever, saw health anywhere. I constantly called Gameh for medication. I did saw ammo, here and there somewhere.. not enough, remember the guass cannon only has 100 rounds, no reload. tis anoying to fight stormtroopers with a crowbar.

DOORS ARE LOCKED
These are either doors that open once a certain area has been completed or normal doors where the buttons are within a few meters. It's not like you have to search for buttons, i personally hate that. If you can't see a button next the door, try to go another way.
It was at the end that we couldnt open up any doors. there were NO buttons, nothing, take a look at it, maybe its a bug, but we couldnt open it.

THE 40 TROOPERS PUZZLE
Did anyone use the auto cannon there ? It's doesn't take much time to waste the 40 troopers. There is a corner next to the cannon, where you can hide away but still can swing the cannon left to right while firing. This should get rid of the Troopers quite fast, especially when there are more players.
We did and it got boring...

STARWARS ATMOSPHERE
Starwars textures, level design and models, what else to do for Starwars atmosphere ? Are you sure you installed the SWars replacement zipfile ? Those sounds / sprites should boost atmosphere even further.
I know that some ppl didn't DL the replacement package, i took a look into the server logs. Plz don't complain about lack of atmosphere then.Yes i did install the pack, how about some ambient sounds. there is no audio that sounds like the deathstar (assuming that's where this took place), at all. people forget this often, but ambient sounds are IMPORTANT. it creates atmosphere. its the little things that count.

Rugal
29-06-2003, 10:29 AM
There are plenty of starwars sounds in this map. are you deaf? :confused:

Creeps
29-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Rugal
There are plenty of starwars sounds in this map. are you deaf? :confused: Read!!!!!!!! I said AMBIENT SOUNDS. That's sounds in the enviroment, like computers going Bleep Bleep. Operators saying stuff over the microphone, watch the movie and you'll know what I mean.

ZeroByte
29-06-2003, 11:49 AM
The third map has some pretty funky ambient sounds actually. As you go out of the starting room, you sometimes hear tie fighters flying overhead. Shame there weren't any real ones though. Would have been quite cool. Even if they didn't attack and just flew overhead it would be a nice touch. It sorta frightened me the first time I heard it. At least it made me look up nervously.

The maze at the first level has some pretty good storm trooper battles actually. There's places you can maneuver around so you can hit them from two ways if you have a few people in the server. One complaint about the maze though is it seems waaay easier to kill the storm troopers at the second level from the lower level. When you released the preview of the maze, they seemed harder to kill with them actually moveing towards the edge more so they get a shot at you. Now they shot farther away from the edge so their blasters can't hit you but you can hit them.

Also, I think on the third level, the first auto cannon you meet should get more health and a few troopers guarding it to make things more interesting. A friend and I just took a few blasts at it behind the crates and it went down pretty fast.

Freaking Neo
29-06-2003, 12:23 PM
I agree with TRG's post
And we found the buttons for the locked doors like totally on the other side of the map.
Architecture and lighting and textures are awesome, gameplay just sucks (or atleast on map 1 and 2, 2 is better tough)

Felix
29-06-2003, 01:13 PM
There are 3 maps god dammit.

installation
installation1
installation2

Installation1 is fun and installation2 too.

Installation is kinda poor map.

Irregular Hunter
29-06-2003, 01:48 PM
I thought the storm trooper model looked....well cartoony. Mind if I make my own version?

Freaking Neo
29-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Felix
There are 3 maps god dammit.

installation
installation1
installation2

Like we dont know :rolleyes:

Felix
29-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Everyone is speaking only about 2 maps??? Thats why i said there were 3.

Slidje
29-06-2003, 03:05 PM
visuals are fantastic but the gameplay just isnt there. most of my time was spent back tracking to the same fucking annoying bad guy that kills me with 3 shots.

the map needs more variety with enemies and some kind of dialogue when your stuck tlling you where to go.
apart from that this is a really fantastic map

EvilPentaPenguin
29-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Really nice work, it felt almost like a whole new starwars game. I believe this is ATLEAST BOMS

Aden
29-06-2003, 03:58 PM
The stormtroopers are a little too accurate, but there's probably no way to fix that, unless you reduce their damage-inflicted by 10 or so so we wouldn't die in 3 shots. I didn't find the gameplay too bad. Maybe in 3.0 you can change some models to Imperial officers to add variety to the enemies. Ammo was a little scarce when I was fighting, but I did find some ammo around the maps. Just try to conserve your ammo. Health is rare as well, but you need to work with the others on the server to heal. That's what co-op is.

Sniper
29-06-2003, 05:23 PM
That's amazing! Very nice work!

The shock troopers are a bit tough, but I got used to it. I found the secret hiding place for the medkit, nice touch.

I think a lot of comments from people in this thread are unjustified; they rushed through and things didn't happen as they expected.

In the meantime, I'll be adding in a few more options for the shocktroopers or such in 3.0. E.g. disabling their gibs. In 3.0, you'll be able to change their blood color of course, and the sound replacement tech should help you out quite a bit.

Very nice job, keep up the good work. I hope these maps get onto servers soon.

Rugal
29-06-2003, 05:48 PM
I agree with Sniper 100%. When I played through these maps with a friend I said to myself "wow just wow". This really is something different and in my opinion, a very good concept. You guys don't like getting shot? then strafe and hide behind boxes, you can kill the stormtroopers just as easily as they can kill you. If you need some ambient star wars sounds, just contact me I have a bunch of them

AIM: Rugal AKS

goanna
29-06-2003, 05:51 PM
I know what they mean about being tough but, yeah, you can get used to it. I liked it because it makes a person sneek around corners looking everywhere first. As Sniper said, people shouldn't try to rush through this one. You have to be careful because characters have been cleverly placed in sneeky areas. What a rush when you get nailed and before you get a chance see where it came from, your looking down at yourself. I thought the Starwars look was well represented. Since a skl.cfg file was included with each map everyone has some control over the difficulty. Good job.:D :D :D

SharkMan
29-06-2003, 10:38 PM
well i just played it 3 times today, and i have to say, great job. although the maps were really hard the first time i playd it, i played it by myself for the entire map almost; and the 40 troopers thing was broken. [edit: adminmod probably broke the respawning troopers]

after that i restarted the map, and played wiith evilpentapenguin, and mutantmfm. it was really fun with more than 1 person :). there were some parts where i would run all the way through the map and get killed by the same guy over again, but when i played with other ppl i didn't have that problem.

I then played the map again, on a server with firendly fire on; teamplay. the map was still fun even though it turned into a deathmatch at the beginning.

one thing i didn't like was that the sprite/sound replacements you gave would have over wrote the ones i already had, i didn't want that; this is where sound tech would come in handy, for the sounds at least.

edit: just finnished playing it again, one this that annoyed me a littel but i dont get snnoyed easily; i kept forgetting the gun at the beginning, on the second map; i know thats mainly my fault, maybe you could have it so that when ammo is scattered around the map the weapon is somewhere close by as well. or have everyone start with the main gun.
then i noticed on the last map, there is a room really close to where the ship comes to rescue you, i was thinking that should be the new respawn point. cause when you die it would be nice to be right where you left off, and the room seems like a respawn anyway.

])rStrangelove
30-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Irregular Hunter
I thought the storm trooper model looked....well cartoony. Mind if I make my own version?

Ok, why not ? I thought it would be a good idea to keep the trooper model simple because of fps on lower specs systems.

Hey, uhm - i'd be interested to skin an imperial officer model ! Just need the model and someone who can make a shocktrooper replacement out of it.

-----------------------------------------
@SharkMan: I'm sorry, but when starting with a custom gun in your hand, the game crashes. You have to pick it up. But i'll place it beneath ammo packages.

-----------------------------------------
=======PLANNED SWARS INSTALLATION FIXES==========
(all maps) - add some specific ambient sounds here and there (speech etc)
(all maps) - add more weapons, ammo and health (*cough* RUSHERS! *cough*) ;)
(all maps) - add more gameplay_text to help ppl that got lost (somehow)
(0) - make freighter ramp a normal brush, opened
(0)(CrateMaze) - place Troopers near edges on 2nd level
(1) - fix stuck area at the end of ladder on bottom of lift shaft
(1) - fix stuck area between the quick-jump crates
(1) - insert shortcuts
(2) - insert more shortcuts
(2) - make Turbolaser hitpoints 10000 to boost sense of the generator
(2) - have more Troopers guard Turbolaser

Misc:
- make blood different color (SC3.0 feature)
- disable gibs (SC3.0 feature)
- disable dropped shockroaches (SC3.0 feature)
- use custom sounds/sprites with troopers (SC3.0 feature)
- enjoy holiday when everything is finished (hopefully it's still warm by then)

I listen to every comment, whether it's positive or negative, harsh or subtle. Different ppl see a project from different angles, so it's important to hear all of them. However, you can't please everyone. (Good example is the guy who wanted more troopers, whereas others find it too hard.)

Anyway, i just hope that everyone had some fun. That's why i made each of the 3 maps a bit different. Look at the planned fixes and calm down for now.

@Sniper: thx for the latest 3.0 info. I look forward to release a fixed swars version.

Felix
30-06-2003, 11:25 AM
and Strangelove.

Your map replaced some of my sprites and sounds. Bharg.( but they are kinda cool.(Sprites)

])rStrangelove
30-06-2003, 11:26 AM
err yes, the replacement zipfile does. Didn't you read my link post / included readme.txt ?

Felix
30-06-2003, 11:40 AM
No.

I downloaded everything that was on the your post soo i could play it fast.

I didnt noticed what ive done.

The-Real-Game
30-06-2003, 11:41 AM
Okey, to all the people who say anyone who posted bad comments must of rushed through the map, what the hell do you base this on?
I've spent 3 hours playing these maps a couple of times, so I don't think you would call that rushing through the maps.

The first map, when you get into the room with the glass screen, both doors are locked and I can't see anyway of opening and niether could anyone I was playing with. So after nocliping, it seemed that pressing a button much later in the level actually opened the doors which seemed odd.

The general gameplay puzzle wise is decent, but the actual fighting enemies is nothing like the sort of stuff you see in the actual film. I'm not saying you need to have it exactly like the film, but I just think it needs to be more interesting.
It really does just feel like you've just left the monster placement till last and just put them anywhere.

You got the looks of the map right, just make the fighting more interesting.

goanna
30-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Played the first two maps twice now and frankly they got old quick. Mostly I think due to a couple of things; one, I'm not not a one weapon player, second, I'm not a one character shooter. (I prefer several weapons to blast with and several characters to blast). Didn't play third because it wouldn't load. Just kept getting dropped on my desktop, and that hurts my bumm. I even tried loading from another game and still wouldn't load, go figure! First time I tried to unzip the maps I got " invalid zip file" I redownloaded it and it was fine, beats me! There are some very good possibilites with this series and it's obvious you put some effort into it. The looks are there now if you could refine the gameplay a bit. LOL.

FuNiOnZ
30-06-2003, 07:31 PM
It needs some sort of boss type enemy, like jabba the hutt or something ;P

TrEmPlEr
01-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by ])rStrangelove

- make blood different color (SC3.0 feature)
- disable gibs (SC3.0 feature)
- disable dropped shockroaches (SC3.0 feature)
- use custom sounds/sprites with troopers (SC3.0 feature)
- enjoy holiday when everything is finished (hopefully it's still warm by then)

Sprites too ?!
! ? Ô.ô

])rStrangelove
01-07-2003, 10:04 AM
I hope so... :confused:

TrEmPlEr
01-07-2003, 11:16 AM
i too , but i think only sounds , but when sniper added sounds WOA :D

Aurora
01-07-2003, 01:02 PM
I couldn't download at all. It just leads to next link, next link, next link and then 404. I'm gonna register at that other place.

EDIT:
It was just my firewall.

n00bLe
01-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Very cool maps and nice detail... even though it does need a little more action.

One problem though... I can play installation1 and installation2 but when i try playing installation i get a message saying i overflowed? What do i do to fix this.

])rStrangelove
02-07-2003, 10:29 AM
What's your GFX card and how many MB are on it ?

Aurora
02-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Suggestions for after 3.0 is out:
-imperial officers
-sequences (like where you see a x-wing crash and something happens etc.)
-storm trooper speech sounds (like in movie)
-bosses (imperial droids robogrunts, tie fighter apache, big alien like in return of jedi... anything you could come up with! maybe darth vader)
-imperial droids (like those little black cars going around, various colored R2D2's and C3PO's etc. just going around here and there)
-door sound replacements (dunno possible in 3.0?)
-wookiee bowcaster crossbow replacement
-grenade replacement (seen in JK2)
-lightsaber crowbar replacement (theres dll's for partial transparency btw. use that for it if you make it!)
-replace shocktrooper gibs (dunno possible in 3.0?)
-shouldn't the big box looking turret tank be LASER turret insted of a bullet one?
-spaceships flying across (tie fighters, x-wings etc. to add ambience)

EvilPentaPenguin
02-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by JJ45
big alien like in return of jedi...

You mean the Rein thing?

n00bLe
02-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Its a geforce 3 with 128MB on it.

Solid Salamander
02-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by EvilPentaPenguin
You mean the Rein thing?
The big alien is the Rancor, Jabba's favorite pet. By the way, stormtrooper speech samples would be great!

SharkMan
02-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Solid Salamander
The big alien is the Rancor, Jabba's favorite pet.

I was just thinking about that, maybe you could have it as a garg replacement, and disable the flaming arms attack.

Hidden
02-07-2003, 10:34 PM
A lightsaber crowbar replacement with custom sounds would be great..

Anyway, the maps are very nice, only thing lacking is really the gameplay.

MutantMFM
02-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Nice job on the maps I can't wait for the next version. Also a garg Rancor would be a awesome idea probaly not for this map though. Unless it like broke out of its cage and killed some storm troopers then you had to fight it.

TrEmPlEr
03-07-2003, 04:09 AM
maybe darth vader
---------------------
Yeah as a monster_massassin (black op´s) with no weapons and make a new model for it (darth Vader) and give it new animation´s ;)

Felix
03-07-2003, 06:07 AM
And put a lightsaber on his hand.

Lord Of The P!ngs
03-07-2003, 07:56 AM
and make him a boss:cool:

The_6th_Monkey
03-07-2003, 08:42 AM
hmmm it would make abosolutely no sense if ya killed darth vader since he dies in the film. If he is used as a boss ya better let him escape or it may look a little silly

goanna
03-07-2003, 10:08 AM
You mean like a replacement for the G-man. In the same way the G-man is always getting away but with a fight first.

FuNiOnZ
03-07-2003, 10:56 AM
i want a giant jabba :P

])rStrangelove
09-11-2003, 05:32 AM
I may fix some layout issues if the swars project becomes part of the 2.1 pack.

Also: is there some interest for mapping resources ? I could release more textures, sounds, models and about 100+ prefabs if there are some mappers at least willing to make more swars maps.

Sph!nx
09-11-2003, 05:33 AM
That would be cool !

])rStrangelove
13-12-2003, 04:48 AM
(thx sphinx)

Only one interested ? :(

Rowantree
18-12-2003, 09:01 AM
])rStrangelove the map crash when i use admin mod:mad:

])rStrangelove
18-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Shame. Can't tell you anything about AdminMod, sorry.

Lento
19-12-2003, 07:41 PM
Adminmod + Sven Co-op is just a bad idea. My server will be up again in January running custom maps, it will not have adminmod, but it will be running SWars Installation these maps rocks! :)

The_6th_Monkey
19-12-2003, 07:58 PM
admin_mod seems to screw my old map (actual) up to :P

It causes the weirdest bug ever.....one part of a big mass of water doesn't turn up :p

....and it works perfectly without admin_mod

Rowantree
20-12-2003, 02:44 AM
hmm i think i gonna uninsall admin mod and have metamod left

blonde fox
21-12-2003, 06:48 PM
one word. wow. (even though im not a stars wars fan)

The_6th_Monkey
31-12-2003, 07:24 PM
I just gotta say this....

why the hell is this not in best of map showcase :D

coLera
01-01-2004, 05:09 AM
I would be interested on those SWARS mapping stuff, It will be great! pack them in one zip and post it somewhere!

I hope you make some good adjustments on your SWARS maps, like the darth Vader and luke skywalker ;) *hehe*

Beastly
01-01-2004, 05:29 AM
rename the enemies... they are called shocktroopers.. its lame.

Hezus
02-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Ok, once I`ve downloaded this package (56k :() I`ll try it and see if it`s worth the BOMS.

Edit :

Sorry about the delay, but I finally got to test it. I`m not a big Star Wars fan tho I enjoyed these maps. It has a nice feeling, good architecture and lightning effect and the gameplay is a fair mix of action and puzzles.

What bothered is having to do the same puzzles over and over again on the 2nd map. A few shortcuts can help there. Futher more some extra sounds and effects to work away the Xen shocktrooper would give these maps an extra touch.

My Rating :
7.5/10

Moved to BOMS - Hezus

Lento
07-01-2004, 02:04 PM
.res files would be nice so that people can download the full mappack off the server.

Also I think I have figured out why sc_swars_installation2 made my server to not change to any map.

You have set this line in the cfg:
mapcyclefile sc_swars_installation.txt

Now I have overrided it in my server.cfg so hopefully my server wont go crazy next time...

The_6th_Monkey
07-01-2004, 04:32 PM
yeah lol I was there....we were waiting ages :D

Anyhow...one tip for nxt version if there is one....less damage for trooper blasts since now the troopers shoot faster they are really difficult to run by...and when they reappaer it is even worse :p

cscarlet
11-01-2004, 11:10 AM
after speaking to someone having problems downloading it off both sites I've upload it to http://www.bulletpain.com/chris/swar/
(no linking to these from other sites as it won't work unless from my site or svencoop.com)

Goatdude
25-01-2004, 01:54 AM
Only problem with using shocktroopers is they're too accurate. Those Storm Troopers in ANH couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when on the Death Star. :P

Nice work.

Timmay
28-01-2004, 03:03 AM
Hey the maps just rocked. I loved the look and layout.

General Bab
05-02-2004, 04:37 AM
where do you get it :O

Timmay
05-02-2004, 04:43 AM
from the first post link or a few post up link. :)

h4mx0r
10-02-2004, 02:44 AM
omg I thought I was in a JKII game...

cscarlet
21-02-2004, 08:01 PM
i aint been able to play this yet :(
god dammit I am jealous

cscarlet
08-03-2004, 12:17 PM
New file locations:
http://www.bulletfiles.com/?dlid=13 - 363f.zip
http://www.bulletfiles.com/?dlid=12 - 364f.zip
http://www.bulletfiles.com/?dlid=11 - 365f.zip

please note the bulletpain mirror will be removed sometime in the near future

])rStrangelove
09-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Thx a lot, m8 - i updated the links in the 1st post. :)

The_6th_Monkey
09-03-2004, 12:51 PM
hey are u ever gonna update this with new features such as the 3.0 not dropping roaches thing

])rStrangelove
10-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Had no time to install 3.0 yet and since i joined a HL2 mod i'd say chances are pretty low. Sorry. :P

])rStrangelove
07-08-2004, 02:57 AM
I renewed the links in 1st post. Seems the files had been replaced by something else. *gg* ;)

dady5000
30-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Hey do we unzip them into the

C:/Sierra/Halflife folder right?
All of them?

dady5000
30-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey it keeps on saying Something like /Gauss.mdl not found whats wrong?

EvilPentaPenguin
30-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey it keeps on saying Something like /Gauss.mdl not found whats wrong?

Did you download the laser rifle model and place in into the correct folder..

dady5000
30-12-2004, 11:43 PM
well i dont know which folder to unzip the Files to
can u tell me EXACTLY where?

dady5000
31-12-2004, 12:27 AM
It Excatly says
models/swars/w_gaussT.mdl not found whats wrong?

EvilPentaPenguin
31-12-2004, 02:46 AM
It Excatly says
models/swars/w_gaussT.mdl not found whats wrong?

Your missing the T model. If you downloaded this mappack from a server, that would be the cause of this. I'm afraid you'll have to download the map files again (not on a a game server) in order to get this, if that is the case.

dady5000
31-12-2004, 02:58 AM
Then how do i download the files and where do i unzip them?

])rStrangelove
31-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi dady, thx for your interest, mate.

1. Download the 3 files

Swars Installation Map Series (4.57 MB) (http://www.betasbuffyshome.de/doc/scoop/SC_swars_installation.zip)
SWars Shocktrooper & Gaussgun replacement sprites & sounds (176 KB) (http://www.betasbuffyshome.de/doc/scoop/SC_swars_replace.zip)
SWars Texture wadfiles (5.74 MB) (http://www.betasbuffyshome.de/doc/scoop/SC_swars_textures.zip)

2. Unzip these files into your HalfLife directory. That could be c:\games\half-life or under steam: ..\Steam\SteamApps\your_steam_ID\half-life.
Make sure you unzip with DIRECTORIES, then each file will be placed correctly. You may have to overwrite some files of the shocktrooper from Svencoop.

dady5000
31-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Thx i JUST got it working
:rolleyes:
:hgrunt:

LaggedRabbit
31-12-2004, 08:35 PM
)rStrangelove']Hi dady, thx for your interest, mate.

1. Download the 3 files
Swars Installation Map Series (4.57 MB) (http://www.betasbuffyshome.de/doc/scoop/SC_swars_installation.zip)
SWars Shocktrooper & Gaussgun replacement sprites & sounds (176 KB) (http://www.betasbuffyshome.de/doc/scoop/SC_swars_replace.zip)
SWars Texture wadfiles (5.74 MB) (http://www.betasbuffyshome.de/doc/scoop/SC_swars_textures.zip)
The Maps and texture files are also permanently mirrored in a single file
here too (http://www.svencoopcentral.com/download.php?view.27)

It's a brilliantly done total conversion map and I wish some Server ops would add it to their map cycles !.

Quakis
29-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Loved it. Great star wars themed map :) (And I've been watching the series again lately) A lightsaber would make this map great even more. Something like a replacement of an electric Crowbar? :P

])rStrangelove
29-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks very much! Can't believe there are still ppl playing this. :p

[www.mistmod.com] Y'arrr !

The_6th_Monkey
29-05-2005, 12:37 PM
yeah update it lol, I think you can disable ashock roaches with a new feature or something, then it would be perfect lol :p

med
29-05-2005, 06:06 PM
This looks absolute quality and totally original for Sven Coop. Some of the arcitecture in the screenshots look impressive - did you design them yourself or get some ideas from Lucas Arts games etc?

])rStrangelove
30-05-2005, 02:04 AM
Thanks a lot, med. I got my inspirations from DarkForces, Jedi Knight I and the classic trilogy. Things i used a lot in the maps, like lights, pipes and computers, have very simple architecture which is good for the fps. My goal was to use textures for surface details instead. :)

yeah update it lol, I think you can disable ashock roaches with a new feature or something, then it would be perfect lol :p
Hmmmm. I might do that, but i have no Svencoop installed atm (shame on me).
I also remember somebody posted something about the higher firerate of shocktroopers - is that true ?

The_6th_Monkey
30-05-2005, 03:34 PM
yep that was me who posted that ages ago :)

makes it easy to get killed at the reactor area once its been destroyed lol

Wildcat
31-05-2005, 11:14 PM
hey, DS wanna make a clone wars map? :)

http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27800

i can also make this work as a grunt and i can model the clone trooper DC-15 rifle too if you want it

])rStrangelove
01-06-2005, 04:15 AM
Hey, that one looks great !

WELL, i'm really sorry - i'd love to make clone trooper coop maps, but as it is, real life eats up my sparetime atm. The only thing i could do for now would be to post all my original files so svencoop mappers can make new swars maps. Just call. :cool:

Wildcat
01-06-2005, 06:19 PM
ya im low on time too, but id make the effort if you did have the time. i tried to work on a geonosis map but i gave up once i started playing sw galaxies, its so fun :)

])rStrangelove
06-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Ok, i have uploaded the sourcefiles:

http://doc.yegods-community.co.uk/sc/prefab_SW_Objects.jpg

>>SWars Sources (http://doc.yegods-community.co.uk/sc/SWars_sources.zip)<< (10 MB)

Included are the 3 original swars installation mapfiles. The other 20 worldcraft maps are unfinished swars maps, map-parts, testmaps or just big swars prefabs. The most important file is prefab_SW_Objects.rmf because (as you can see in the picture) it contains all prefabs that can be used to make starwars maps at ease.

Also included are bigger texture wads that also contain those swars textures that were never used before (mos eisley mostly).

I hope some mapper might still be interested and makes some great Starwars / Clonewars maps for us! :D

Fortune2
06-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Wow, that's really nice of you =O

Rowantree
29-06-2005, 12:03 PM
You shouldent have upload them peoples might take them and put thir own credits on them!

])rStrangelove
30-06-2005, 09:48 AM
I see this as a chance rather than a failure. These files were rotting away on my harddrive anyway, so why not let interested ppl rip them apart and do something new with them ?

I remember i had so much fun looking thru other ppl's maps in WC, how they did this, and that. You can learn and get inspired to do special stuff.

Hope someone uses my stuff tbh. :)

SuperLlama
23-08-2005, 08:55 AM
the link is dead

SuperLlama
24-08-2005, 07:00 AM
plz i wanna the sources for make a little starwars map :/

])rStrangelove
26-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi there.

Sorry about the dead links, i lost the ftp i used to have access to, now i'm without any place to upload.

If somebody wants to provide a mirror, my MSN is DaDoc_(at)hotmail.com :)

SuperLlama
26-08-2005, 07:02 PM
i will :)

i added you to msn btw

i hope your from europe :)

])rStrangelove
03-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Sorry about posting that late.

I`ve uploaded the sources to RapidShare. See 1st post plz. :p

Red Falcon
09-10-2005, 09:46 AM
i can only say one thing , SWARS MAP !

])rStrangelove
21-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Maybe a bit late, but i updated the links in the 1st post. (thx Deekae) ;)

xstation14
04-01-2007, 08:34 PM
*cough*Dark Forces ripoff*cough*

JPolito
04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
*cough*Dark Forces ripoff*cough*

Isn't that a totally different game and engine?

Sph!nx
05-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Dark Forces rip-off? Lol. then all starwars 3D shooters are rip-offs. This is one of the cooler maps for SC.

])rStrangelove
05-01-2007, 06:36 AM
I wish more ppl would make rip-offs for Svencoop :D

JPolito
05-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Dark Forces rip-off? Lol. then all starwars 3D shooters are rip-offs. This is one of the cooler maps for SC.

even though it replaced several of my sprites and sounds :(

])rStrangelove
09-01-2007, 07:25 AM
even though it replaced several of my sprites and sounds :(

Quote from 1st post:

)rStrangelove"]
NOTE: The replacement zip will overwrite some sprites and wave sounds of the shocktrooper and gaussgun. It will NOT change your svencoop version to such a point that other maps will 'feel' rediculous, i guarantee for it. However, if you're afraid of loosing your files, make copies of the files that are in this zipfile.

Sorry about that, but there was no other way to do it. I also included this warning in the readme within the zipfile. :rolleyes: