PDA

View Full Version : congratulations

yayyay
01-07-2003, 08:18 PM
That's awesome that Valve is working with you guys. I hope you can make a ton of money off of it somehow. You guys deserve it!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Malek
02-07-2003, 01:43 AM
Next thing ya know they'll be saying Sven Co-op is from the makers of counter-strike. (See eB for details and look for Day of defeat...)

Asides that, congrats.

Sph!nx
02-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Yup congrats dudes , you deserve it

Sheiwn
02-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Yes, it was a great moment in my life to find that they are going to be working with valve. :P

MedievalManIII
02-07-2003, 07:42 PM
w00t!!!

valve is supporting the SC crew

(hope they dont buy SC so SC goes retail and valve says that they own it and everything)

Paul Shuttle
03-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MedievalManIII
(hope they dont buy SC so SC goes retail and valve says that they own it and everything)

You don't want the team to be financially rewarded for all their hard work? That's pretty short sighted and selfish.

I assure you that any sane member of the team would happily let Valve put their name on the box, if it meant a retail release, and the cheques that come with that.

Although of course, there are other possibilities for financial gain than just a retail release...

Freaking Neo
03-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Paul Shuttle

You don't want the team to be financially rewarded for all their hard work? That's pretty short sighted and selfish.

I assure you that any sane member of the team would happily let Valve put their name on the box, if it meant a retail release, and the cheques that come with that.

Although of course, there are other possibilities for financial gain than just a retail release...

The thing is, there will be so many lamers, and so many cheaters/hackers whatever.
Look at what going retail did to CS, and what its doing to DoD.

Rugal
03-07-2003, 03:24 PM
dude, who is going to hack for svencoop?

Freaking Neo
03-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Rugal
dude, who is going to hack for svencoop?

Someone stupid enough

Lt.Chicken
13-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Anyone that wants svencoop to be financially rewarded for all their work should maybe... uhmm donate. yeah. and plus, they wont be the only ones rewarded after that!

Snoopy
14-07-2003, 01:10 AM
I sure as hell hope they never go retail with valve, you know they'll n00b the game up like they do with dod, such things like the minimap, the stupid death cam (which they're making worse in 1.1), auto reload, alot of other crap. I don't want SvenCoop to turn into a n00b fest, with 300 32 max player servers, and most of them with autoaim or some werid crap turned on. Of course I want them to get money, they're put so much time and effort in to this game, they should be rewarded, but not like that, I like the nice little communty we have.

Sph!nx
14-07-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy
I like the nice little communty we have.

I agree.

I do think they deserve something for all the hard work they put in the mod.

PD-KC
14-07-2003, 05:41 AM
I hope the game doesn't get any easier, if it goes retail. :wtf:
Also I* !

OMG they would have to pay mappers for their work!

*Overwhelmed with motivation*

:)

But then again... No matter how good your map is, it can be totally ignored by a huge community. And that really sucks. There are finer maps than what comes with HL in PHL's "Map of The Week" every week. :(

Commando
14-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Money? Where!

I think people are overreacting a bit to valve expressing an interest in helping us, don't get too carried away with your imagination.

Sven Viking
14-07-2003, 08:37 AM

Sph!nx
14-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Commando
Money? Where!

I think people are overreacting a bit to valve expressing an interest in helping us, don't get too carried away with your imagination.

Well we were just saying that you deserve it. The team have maintained a good fun mod for a long time, and many people have played.

PD-KC
14-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Sven Viking

And the same, zoomed 300%:

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/svenco-op/images/bucks.gif

:D

Kalashnikovo
14-07-2003, 01:48 PM
I like the little communities. Everyone knows everyone and we all know who does what. Nice and Cozey over here and we don't need any newbies coming over here saying that their some 1337 CS guy who's gonna awp up some made aliens with their rozscorz shit.

*Snuggles in his little corner next to the main SVEN computer*