PDA

View Full Version : what do they talk about?

eMTeG
15-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Monsters that talk with others will now not respond to questions if in combat

I thought, that monsters were using random .wavs while "talking". Maybe except human_grunts.

But what do they talk about, the aliens and human_grunts if they are not in combat? Weather? ;)

Kalashnikovo
15-07-2003, 11:22 AM
EXCERT FROM XEN GEOGRAPHIC:

After the major discovery of the Xen planet, survey teams were sent in to study the Xen soceity, mainly how the creatures communicate. After countless days, even weeks, of research and study, and almost six months of translations, the first recorded conversation of the Xen Geographic team has been released. This communication was between one of the slaves of Xen, and a grunt.

Grunt: Breaks over, back to work.
Alein: Hey! We're not even done with our coffee!
Grunt: So how about the mines that need working?
Alien: Stop avoiding the fact, you KNOW we have the rules that lets us finish our coffee.
Grunt: *Cough* Mines *Cough*
Alien: OOOOO... Look at the big fat fag with a horent gun. Tell me, can you attach it to your ass and still shoot?
Grunt: Get back to work.
Alien: Ass-Smelling-Hornets! NOW!
Grunt: Thats it, your not getting any more cake.
Alien: ASS.......SMELLLING......HORNETS.....
Grunt: No Work, no Cake.
Alien: I hate you. *throws coffee mug at grunt*
Grunt: Damn't, you know what this means don't you.
Alien: Haha... Yep. *Looks over to left to see Garg coming closer*
Garg: I TOLD YOU NOT TO WASTE THE COFFEE!
Grunt: He threw it on me.
Alien: Where's the hat and donkey big boy?
Garg: You damn well what happened to my hat and I sat on the donkey this morning.
Grunt: Shut up and get back to work.
Garg: Want me to sit on you too?
Alien: So how about the weather?
Grunt: What the hell are you talking about?
Alien: The weather, it looks so nice here.
Garg: *Whispers to Grunt* I think you've pushed another one over the edge. You remember what happened last time you didn't get a slave enough time to finish his coffee.
Grunt: Slave, just calm down. We'll get you another coffee.
Alien: But the weather is so nice.
Grunt: Oh no! He's talking ramble about absolutely nothing important for no apart reason!
Garg: NO! HE'S BECOMING A HUMAN!
*Alien Runs away*
Garg: You ever the feeling someone's watching us?

bilbo
15-07-2003, 07:53 PM
hehehee

whenever i listen to a conversation between two scientists it always ends tersely...

SCI1:hello
SCI2:hello
SCI1:do you know who ate all the donuts?
SCI2: shut up.

END OF CONVERSATION

that is, if SCI2 doesnt shut up the other guy earlier.

... nearly posted a thread about this.....

eMTeG
17-07-2003, 10:17 AM
hehe, Kalashnikovo :)

But i still want to know, if there is a sens behind the alien "noise", that i heard while playing half life.

:confused:

crummy
17-07-2003, 05:23 PM
anyone played postal 2? the people there have interactive conversations. well. psuedo-interactive i guess. pretty bland, and verging on the nonsensical.

Mugsy2002
18-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by crummy
anyone played postal 2? the people there have interactive conversations. well. psuedo-interactive i guess. pretty bland, and verging on the nonsensical.

the Postal 2 ones are funny, but less interactive, cause they both call each other fags or "fuck off"

MaD-Keni
18-07-2003, 05:27 AM
lol, I remmber i was excited about monsters that talk to each other without any good topic. it all ends with "shut up", thought.

/me opens console
/me writes

speak hgrunt/there
speak hgrunt/is
speak hgrunt/an
speak hgrunt/alien
speak hgrunt/up
speak hgrunt/my
speak hgrunt/ass

:E

MedievalManIII
18-07-2003, 06:10 PM
/speak you
/speak are
/speak an
/speak ass
/speak hole

hehe i play that threw my mic when i get pissed off at a guy

once did it at a internet cafe. all of the players were playing CS and i did that and they said, "WHERE THE **** DID THAT COME FROM?" even the most experienced CS player there didn't know bout how to do dat