PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Crap!

slippery
22-07-2003, 02:20 AM
my donor options have stopped working *@^$!()*$)!@$)!@ :mad: :mad: :mad:

i reinstalled my hl the otherday and it musta given me a new won id, grrrrrrr im pissed of now:mad:

Mugsy2002
22-07-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by slippery
my donor options have stopped working *@^$!()*$)!@$)!@ :mad: :mad: :mad:

i reinstalled my hl the otherday and it musta given me a new won id, grrrrrrr im pissed of now:mad:

Wait till 3.0, losing the donations is not that bad, besdies ,you donated to HELP, not just to get the "purty" lookin' Uzi or the "shiny" crowbar.

Commando
22-07-2003, 05:40 AM
Your donor options are linked to your WonID, which is directly linked to your CD Key, you need to reinstall with the same CD key you were using before.

Offwhitepenguin
22-07-2003, 11:46 AM
No need to reinstall, use this cd key changer. I have mutiple cd-keys just incase someone jacks mine, its very simple to use and pretty much self-explanitory. Just put the key you used to use in there and activate it, thats it. Hope this helps.

get the key changer here (http://www.toofinealinefortheseforums.com)

TonicBH
22-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Um... isn't the key changer illegal?

The-Real-Game
22-07-2003, 01:01 PM
Guess who didn't actually look at the site before posting!

Editors Note: This is NOT a key generator, but simply a way to change your product key. It is useful, for example, for someone who owns multiple copies of the game

cscarlet
22-07-2003, 03:41 PM
i have a couple from when i brought the generations pack and blue shift, nothing wrong with a key changer, a key gen yes i would detest and bitch and moan at

Offwhitepenguin
22-07-2003, 08:09 PM
It's a very fine line that the key changer does not cross.

slippery
23-07-2003, 12:34 AM
yer i know i doanted to help, i donated something along the lines of $25 AUD to help

and i HAD a friends cd key on mine so i could play online with this computer and my dads computer at the same time

Malek
23-07-2003, 12:16 PM
You don't need a CD Key changer... good lord.

Start -> Run -> type "regedit" w/out quotes

(when in RegEdit) HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Valve -> Half Life -> Settings

Now look in the right box for the field "Key"

Right click "Key" and click "Modify"

Set the Value Data to your new CD Key (without the dashes)

There, just saved you a download.

MedievalManIII
23-07-2003, 01:26 PM
i was bout to say dat... im way too late now...

Offwhitepenguin
23-07-2003, 08:06 PM
messing with your registry is ill-advisable though, if you mess something up, your in all kinds of trouble. If you wanna do it that way go for it, but the key changer is full-proof.

Malek
23-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Offwhitepenguin
messing with your registry is ill-advisable though, if you mess something up, your in all kinds of trouble. If you wanna do it that way go for it, but the key changer is full-proof.

Fool-proof.

And you just defeated your own argument. Don't touch your registry but use a program that messes with your registry for you.

cscarlet
24-07-2003, 04:13 AM
yer thenn you can sue them

Suicidal
24-07-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Malek

Fool-proof.

And you just defeated your own argument. Don't touch your registry but use a program that messes with your registry for you.
I think the word your looking for mal is, OWNED.

This thread has served its purpose, if you donated and reinstalled use the same cd key/wonid you gave to sven or you loose your shiny crowbar :rolleyes: