PDA

View Full Version : OpFor SP Maps for coop?

Triharda
30-07-2003, 04:48 AM
A thought just crossed my mind - as you have pretty much perfected the original half life single player maps for coop mode how bout doing the opfor and/or blue shift single player levels for coop? just an idea and i apologize if it has alredy been requested etc...
What are other peeps thoughts on this?

30-07-2003, 05:04 AM
Blue Shift single player would be cool.

Triharda
30-07-2003, 05:26 AM
obviously any work on this would either have to be undertaken by someone not working on they hunger coop, sven 3.0 or sven coop for hl2 so therefore unless a good independant mapper is willing to do it we will probly never see this!! though if i was a good mapper I would attempt to tho...hmm might well start to learn so that there can b a complete set of sp levels for coop!!:D lol as if i would be good at it...

Zealot
30-07-2003, 05:46 AM
i think someone is doing Opposing Force, but you'll need to have a copy of opposing force, otherwise it won't work.

Triharda
30-07-2003, 07:04 AM
o right would that be the same in theory for blue shift then - that u wud need to have it installed to run it coop? is it not possible to redesign the maps so that it can just run like the original sp maps? - especially as v3.0 is including the wrench so therefore mayb all that would b needed is a weapon model pack and a monster pack etc (just thinking online to try and prompt other people who can actually do this kind of stuff)

Triharda
30-07-2003, 07:19 AM
Also would the person converting the maps to coop need to gain permission from gearbox/valve etc first? Would still be cool tho!

Sven Viking
30-07-2003, 09:35 AM
Guardian is converting the OpFor maps for 3.0 (they're pretty-much done, actually... just a couple of tweaks left to do). You won't be able to play unless you own OpFor, so now specific permission neccessary (general permission to use OpFor content has been granted previously).

[kk]Guardian-tpf-
30-07-2003, 10:48 AM
I "might" do blueshift after finish a new revision of opposing force. The first release of the edited opfor is going to be a beta in that there may still be alot of bugs and needs more enemies. blueshift may be a problem in that it uses new scientists (not just scientist models) and I don't think much people own it.

Tempest
30-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Talking about Blue Shift, does anyone know wher ei can download the HD pack, or someone can send it to me?

R@lph VViggum
30-07-2003, 12:52 PM
I think distrubting the HD pack was the only thing that Valve said was illegal, just go buy Blue Shift. It's only like $20.

Irregular Hunter
30-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Also you requested this before but look where that went
http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14142

Anyways I would love to play op4 sp with my friends, I can't wait for that :)

evangelion unit 0
31-07-2003, 04:40 AM
blueshift is about 50p its only worth that for the hd pak why do you fail when you execute 1 sci at the start??? its not like that on hl

Jar-Jar-BinX
07-08-2003, 09:55 PM
cuse ur a security gaurd MENT to protect the sci's. they jus assume gordon has issues or something.. and in op4 ur SUPOSE to kill everyone.... eventhough they say i think ur here to kill me, i make then help me as far as they can go, and slay em. anyway i own bs (LOL LOL LOL Blue-Shift). also. HOW DO U INSTALL THE HD PACK??? I BOUGHT HL PLATINUM AND GOT:

Half-Life, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Team Fortress Classic, and Counter-Strike

all for 40$

EvilPentaPenguin
07-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Jar-Jar-BinX
cuse ur a security gaurd MENT to protect the sci's. they jus assume gordon has issues or something.. and in op4 ur SUPOSE to kill everyone.... eventhough they say i think ur here to kill me, i make then help me as far as they can go, and slay em. anyway i own bs (LOL LOL LOL Blue-Shift). also. HOW DO U INSTALL THE HD PACK??? I BOUGHT HL PLATINUM AND GOT:

Half-Life, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Team Fortress Classic, and Counter-Strike

all for 40$

Your mission in opposing force is to kill Gordon, not everyone. In Opposing Force, you hardly see(if ever) another grunt killing the scientists. They question them, and trap them, to force them to give them answers to where Freeman might be.

As for the Expansion Pack, you need to put in your bs(LOL LOL LOL DONT BE GAY LOL!!11) and it should be on in the menu.

Mugsy2002
08-08-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Jar-Jar-BinX

all for 40$

OMG TEH REAL? OLOL,YUR SPOSE TO CLUICK ON THE BUTON CALLED "HIE-DFENITOIN PK"

O,AND YOU CANT KILL SCIS IN BS BECAUSE YU GET 2 CARRY a GUN IN TEH 1st MISION, NUT IN TEH 1st HL, OMGLOLZ