PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Life members VS Svencoop team!

Felix
31-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Yes thats right i was checking theyre forums and i find THIS.

http://www.cscentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19028

Comments??

Tempest
31-07-2003, 12:56 PM
lol SC could just use CS weapons, it would be the same :rolleyes:

Nemesis6
31-07-2003, 01:10 PM
They assume. But I can't blame them if they're trying too contact Sven.

By the way, they are forums? :)

Lightwolf
31-07-2003, 01:17 PM
CL is really no big deal, my bro beat it in about an hour since all the weapons kill the monsters in 2 shots, lol he even awped the apache brought it down in one shot any way sc is a totally better game than cl will ever be

Puchi
31-07-2003, 02:05 PM
some have absolutly no idea what svencoop can do or why some things not working...

and ranger has a really nice point of view about us:

I have attempted communication with the Sven team on the topic (specifically, converting Sven maps to CL use) but they clearly have no desire to work with our community. Arrogant, elitist guys, if you ask me.
i wonder, why we/the team are arrogant and/or elite, just because we dont want to convert the maps...

I might be able to convert some SvenCoop maps to CL...
But since SC uses custom monsters I'd have to replace them all with the standard monsters... Unless Haunter decides to code in some new monsters.....
would be funny with 3.0 and all the replacements XD

Well, I just unzipped the creepsworld map pack into the appropriate folders in my CL folder, and it works fine, only problem is the cash system and the buy zones. Id use cheats all the time, im not concerned with having acces too all weapons, just, i cant get the cheats to work when im on a sven map..
yeah...
SvenCoop maps arent make for CL :)
and.. cheating.. buh... lamer...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when i read things like this some of my prejudice to CS are confirmed...
sure, not all, i know some ppl who play CS and are ok (and they know SvenCoop because they have played it more than one time on CL)

Sniper
31-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Wow, that's the most retarded thing I have ever seen.

Scarlet spidey
31-07-2003, 06:37 PM
What morons.

EvilPentaPenguin
31-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
Wow, that's the most retarded thing I have ever seen.

agreed.

Offwhitepenguin
31-07-2003, 07:39 PM
impractical and just stupid.

MedievalManIII
31-07-2003, 07:48 PM
ok... this is just... dumb

Mr. Chris
31-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Just plain dumb...they should just play SC instead :rolleyes:

Scarlet spidey
31-07-2003, 09:17 PM
They cut out like 50% of people by making it so you HAVE to have HLretail to play it...

Mugsy2002
01-08-2003, 02:24 AM
What a bunch of fucking morons, somebody reply to the ranger, he needs an ass whoopin'.

MutantMFM
01-08-2003, 02:47 AM
So some of them have started converting SC maps to that mod. Hmm did they ask the creators of the maps if they could? I would consider that stealing since the people who are doing it probaly didn't ask for permission. Oh god next we are going to have people coming from their forums to our saying SC ripped off Garghunt3 from CL. This may cause some problems.

FlashBang
01-08-2003, 03:28 AM
Please keep the flaming down. They have the right to express their wish for SC gameplay in CL. That's no reason to call them "stupid", "moronic" or anything. Tastes are different.

Also, I don't think they'd risk stealing maps just like that. And even if they do, the authors of the maps will know how to deal with it.

cya
- Flash

The Green-Mamba
01-08-2003, 03:45 AM
I concur. The Sven-Coop team is composed of arrogant elitists. :]]

:D

Triharda
01-08-2003, 05:15 AM
thats probly the most ironic thing - them calling us an arrogant elitest bunch - rofl CL saying that about somebody else - the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind - and then the second bit where he admits to cheating, yet the CS community still listens to people like him - o dear:rolleyes:

FlashBang
01-08-2003, 06:36 AM
From what I read, he used cheats to get weapons in SC-maps he loaded. They don't contain buy-zones or any other CS-related features. Thus, he had to cheat to get equipment.

I never played CL to be honest, but as far as I know, it's half-life with CS-weapons. Thus, it too is cooperative, making cheats pretty useless. But, I could be wrong there, cause, as I said, I never played CL.

cya
- Flash

Commando
01-08-2003, 08:08 AM
Please don't make sweeping statements about a mod based on a few community members.

The conversion of maps would be up to the map author. Even if someones map was included with SC the author could still do what ever else he wants with it, which could be converting to another mod.

As far as I am aware we haven't had any contact with CL developers.

EvilPentaPenguin
01-08-2003, 12:08 PM
From what I can tell when he said cheating, he must have used impulse 101, which, if that's true...I don't see whats wrong with it. The map wouldn't have cs weapons because it was made for sc, thus, if he wanted weapons, he'd have to cheat.

The guy saying he cheated is nothing wrong, however, they way they are acting is.......immature.

FlashBang
01-08-2003, 01:06 PM
I'd like to know, thou, WHO he contacted. If he went into the IRC-channel for example and asked there... well... the image he now has is probably even justified...

Sniper
01-08-2003, 01:14 PM
I don't ever recall anyone coming into #svencoop and asking about that.

Freaking Neo
01-08-2003, 01:20 PM
I've played CL and found it boring, they did a good job on the mod tough, just not my type of mod (CS + HL = a no no for me)
Pretty obvious Sven didnt want them to do it, it'd be giving away the code

(GIT)r-man
01-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Sheesh...if they get a kick out of playing gitfest4f with CS weapons good luck to them (though whenever they hit a trigger_random I'd think they'd be screwed)

:p

MedievalManIII
04-08-2003, 02:55 AM
i dont think SC maps were meant to have CS weapons

Triharda
04-08-2003, 03:02 AM
slighty off topic: ok first off i apologize to any cs players who were offended by my stereotyping - it was only aimed at the immature players like this guy that tend to giv the cs community a bad name

ON TOPIC: has he said which maps he wants to convert or is it just a general "i want sven maps on CL" type thing?

FlashBang
04-08-2003, 04:41 AM
just follow the link in the first post...

Creeps
04-08-2003, 05:57 AM
Atleast those people show interest in the things SC has accomplished. SC has features no other mod has.

Be glad SC is getting the attention is deserves instead of "OMG NO WE WILL NOT WORK WITH YUO CAUSE YOU ARE TEH CS LAMOR!111111"