PDA

View Full Version : Cloaking female assasins

Derin
09-08-2003, 11:46 AM
If you play Opfor on hard difficult, the female assains sometimes turn invisible, maybe they can add this to svencoop to make it erieer

Pyroclasm
09-08-2003, 11:54 AM
It think (I haven't played in awhile) that it's been added ._.

Sven Viking
09-08-2003, 12:01 PM
It was in Half-Life, too. Only happens when the Skill is 2 or 3.

your evil twin
09-08-2003, 12:03 PM
It's in normal half-life, but not on skill 3, only 3. If you play any Half-Life game in "Difficult" mode (skill 3) then the female assassins will cloak while engaged in combat. While idle they are visible, but when they see you they turn invisible, and fade in and out of visibility while running about.

I think that female assassins have cloaking in sven co-op if the skill is set to 3. Most servers are set to 2 or 1. Considering the vast numbers of monsters in most sven maps, skill setting 3 is insane and not recommended. For one thing, the sven skill settings are different to normal half-life, so skill 3 means that standard grunts have 200 health and you can empty an entire clip from an assault rifle or uzi into their head and they don't die, but they kill you with four or five blasts from their assault rifle. And HW grunts get 1000 health or something. And gonomes eat everyone.

If a map has few monsters, then skill setting 3 can be fun. It's also the only way I play half-life singleplayer mods - i've finished all the half-life games in difficult mode.

PD-KC
09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Actually on skill 3 everything dies easily.

Tempest
09-08-2003, 05:21 PM
I know that there min. is 2 maps in SC with cloacking FemAssasin

Sven Viking
10-08-2003, 12:18 AM
Yup, in SvenCo-op a skill of 3 counts as 'realistic' damage... grunts die in one headhot, but so do players.

Raven
13-08-2003, 06:49 AM
i really hate those assasins :D
they are so hard to defeat...
but still... i can't picture Half-life without them :D

good idea: invisible assasins :D
that should really piss off players who think that assasins are already hard to defeat :D:p

Zenpachou
13-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Somehow that was always more amusing than a real annoyance. Then again, I just flashed the flashlight/nightvision right on them so their cloaking didn't help them at all :D

Raven
13-08-2003, 10:40 AM
haha yup, that's a nice way to keep them visible :D