PDA

View Full Version : Recent Windows exploit: You need this!

Commando
11-08-2003, 01:34 PM
This is about a month old but recently it seems to be happening to a lot of people so if you haven't installed this patch or have been getting strange crashes you need this!

This does not effect 95/95/ME because they are not based on NT.

Firewalls will help against this exploit but it would be a good idea to install this patch anyway.

Microsoft Patch + Information
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

Web based Virus Scanners (If you had weird crashes run one)

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12473

Critical security rating for the following Windows Versions:

Windows NT 4.0 Server
Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server Edition
Windows 2000
Windows XP 32 bit Edition
Windows XP 64 bit Edition
Windows Server 2003 32 bit Edition
Windows Server 2003 64 bit Edition

What’s the scope of the vulnerability?

This is a buffer overrun vulnerability. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could gain complete control over a remote computer. This would give the attacker the ability to take any action on the server that they want. For example, and attacker could change Web pages, reformat the hard disk, or add new users to the local administrators group.

Who could exploit the vulnerability?

Any user who could deliver a TCP request to an RPC interface to an affected computer could attempt to exploit the vulnerability. Because RPC requests are on by default in all versions of Windows, this in essence means that any user who could establish a connection with an affected computer could attempt to exploit the vulnerability.

Panzerfaust
11-08-2003, 01:50 PM
scary! :eek:

downloading now...

FailSafe
11-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Latley ive been getting RPC crashes... /downloads

FlashBang
11-08-2003, 02:41 PM
yep! already found thirteen ppl having problems with this one...

... and counting...

p.s.: MUHAHAHAH to the ppl that said I was exaggerating with my security!!!

Commando
11-08-2003, 05:47 PM
For anyone having problems getting the patch (Thanks NEWSBOT3):

1. Stop the problem from shutting you down, so you can fix it.
press Start-run, type 'dcomcnfg' (without the quotes) and press enter
Now goto Component Services, and double-click Computers.
Right-click My Computer and select properties. Goto the Default Properties tab, and DESELECT Enable Distributed COM on this computer
Press Apply, then ok, and close Component services.

2. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DO
Now, reboot your machine. If you do not do this, someone can still have access to your machine, and can be causing more damage etc.

3. Goto the MS site, and get the patch for this problem.

WinXP users should choose the '32 bit' option

4. Install patch

5. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DO
Reboot your machine for the final time.

At this stage you can re-visit step 1 and re-enable Enable Distributed COM on this computer , its fine to do this as long as you have followed all the steps above.

6. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO DO
Virus scan your machine. Since potentially, someone could have had complete control of your pc, you need to be sure its clean.

Getting rid of msblast: http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100547

Navck
11-08-2003, 08:27 PM
I saw this on the stock channel today...
Installing now

feric2002
11-08-2003, 11:04 PM
does this exploit have to do with the "Remote Procedure Call" or when a dialog pops up saying that my comp will shut down in 60 seconds? If so I wish i had known earlier because i had to reinstall windows :(

Panzerfaust
12-08-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by feric2002
does this exploit have to do with the "Remote Procedure Call" or when a dialog pops up saying that my comp will shut down in 60 seconds? If so I wish i had known earlier because i had to reinstall windows :(

Remote Procedure Call = RPC interface?

EDIT: I talked to my dad about this, he said windows should've auto-downloaded it anyway.

FlashBang
12-08-2003, 03:33 AM
your dad is wrong

And yeah, feric, that's exactly the problem we're talking about

Sven Viking
12-08-2003, 03:45 AM
Don't know if this has been posted on Windows Update or not... If you have XP set to automatically update itself, it downloads any critical updates that pop up on there. Personally I'd prefer not to have it decide when and what to download, though.

cscarlet
12-08-2003, 04:03 AM
my windows update is b0rked, says everything is up to date all the time

i have installed the patch a couple of days ago, numerious attacks were attempted on my machine but my router blocked every packet

Daza400
12-08-2003, 05:17 AM
WTF I CANT DOWNLOAD IT :eek:

PD-KC
12-08-2003, 07:52 AM
I got this too, but then I made the RPC service not to restart computer at failure so I could even browse the web for this update. I also know at least 3 people who were infected as well... the attack at saturday is going to be massive. :wtf:

Creeps
12-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Heh, I feel lucky that I wasn't infected.

Seen another thread on a forum where just about anyone who posted 'knew someone who got infected aswell' :D

Tehee

Panzerfaust
12-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Sven Viking
Don't know if this has been posted on Windows Update or not... If you have XP set to automatically update itself, it downloads any critical updates that pop up on there. Personally I'd prefer not to have it decide when and what to download, though.

Yea, that's what he meant, we have to ok it to allow it to install.

12-08-2003, 09:25 AM
i saw this on the news today , i know what this virus/worm does :

installing new software's , so thats why you reboot every 60 seconds .. i think

and this software will do something against mirosoft <-- expect this on august 16th

the hacker/worm will search for you credit card n stuff ( this will only happen if you bought something over the internet )

in short words : this will slaughter your computer.

Commando
12-08-2003, 11:15 AM
Well thats a pretty worthless reinterpretation of what you've heard.

Basically, the worm genertates random IPs to attack and sends a special packet to it. If that IP's computer is unpatched, running NT and not firewalled the system will be compromised and told to download some the actual worm from a remote server. The worm (msblast) contains a payload to initiate a Denial of Service attack against windowsupdate.com.

I have seen nothing about credit cards or passwords, it seems to be soley created to run a attack on the site.

PD-KC
12-08-2003, 11:17 AM
I thought it does the shutdown because it overflows some RPC buffer causing an error in that service... it says so in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> both RPC and RPC locator's properties : Restart computer on first, second and third error. Also it installs MSBlast.exe that attacks Microsoft. So I don't believe there's so much damage done. Also I would like to stab the person who invented this multiple times into the eyes...

Anyway as I write this somebody typed it faster. :o

Foolio666
12-08-2003, 03:49 PM
this is why i still use 98 :D

feric2002
12-08-2003, 05:35 PM
damn, that sucks too because it wont allow you to change operating systems or reinstall them... during the installation of WinXP for me, and error popped up that said something could not be modified. I also tried to install winME and 98 and still had the same problem. i tried to merge the partitions through MSDOS and suprisingly it worked. it a scary worm to have.
W32.Blaster.Worm (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html)

BMT
12-08-2003, 05:38 PM
it happened to me too, and i formatted straight away >_< glad it's happening to more than one person though

cscarlet
12-08-2003, 05:39 PM
yes but 98 has poor memory handeling and will often crash because of it, my m8 has been affected

feric2002
12-08-2003, 05:53 PM
well if you do notice RPC dialogs then it is highly recommended that you back-up all the files you do not want destroyed

tweak
12-08-2003, 09:12 PM
My ISP got infected O_O!!

*L*E*O*N*
13-08-2003, 12:20 AM
It's no tthat hard to get rid of. Just terminate MSBlast.exe, go to C:\windows\system32 and delete it. Then go to you're registery and run a search for the blast worm thing and there will be one key that something like "windows auto update" in "HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\(oth erdirectoryIforgot)\ and that has the one registery key it created.

FuNiOnZ
13-08-2003, 12:22 AM
ITS SKYNET! ITS COMING FOR US ALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEebiass
13-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Should i choose,

Windows XP 32 bit edition
or
Windows XP 64 bit edition

????????????????????????

FuNiOnZ
13-08-2003, 03:44 AM
64 bit = for dual processor systems

Radioactive^Man
13-08-2003, 09:24 AM
U guys wana noe sumtin.........i did have the same problem.....but i solved it....not by patching... i use services.msc and clicked on RPC.....then... dont do anyting when service fails...for 1st,2nd,and subsquence times... and whalah! my problem was solved....but the RPC is a major service that runs in NT os...
From Black Viper: Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
This service is rather vital. Practically everything depends on this service to be running. This is also the only service that you cannot disable via the Services MMC. Previously, if you disabled this service in Windows 2000, your computer would become unbootable. What I am trying to tell you is leave this service on automatic and absolutely DO NOT disable it. If, for whatever reason, the service became disabled and you can no longer boot your system, please read the information here for a way to fix it.

Recent virus activity has prompted me to post additional information regarding Remote Procedure Call and automatic shutdowns. Please ensure you read all the information I have available to ensure you are not affected by this latest internet threat.

Radioactive^Man
13-08-2003, 09:28 AM
From BlkViper:
You can “stop” the Remote Procedure Call Service from shutting down the system after 60 seconds. I absolutely do not condone this action as a “fix,” but it could be used to stop the system from rebooting while you are attempting to repair the issue and scan your computer for vulnerabilities

=X oopss...looks like i still gotta patch it...

SharkMan
13-08-2003, 10:25 AM
i'm so glad i'm still on vacation now. if i came home a week earlier, i would have installed win xp and might have gotten it :O that would have sucked so bad. i'm glad they have the patch out for it already.

Malek
13-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Rack up another point for the Linux users...

FlashBang
13-08-2003, 01:20 PM
heh, well, when linux becomes more popular, they will find its security-holes too, don't worry. Linux is just safe because noone really uses it right now (and those that use it generally at least have some basic computer-knowledge).

BMT
13-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I disabled the com setting under My Computer in dcomcnfg and the internet worked fine. What is your pc limited in doing when this is left disabled permanently?

Update: Yee-fucking-haw I freed my lovely system from teh beasty. Note to y'all, out of McAfee, Norton and PC-Cillin I'd have to say PC-Cillin is the only damn scanner that does something. McAfee and Norton merely gave me messages claiming they found the virus but never fixed it... gee how handy.

Good luck to y'all fixing, and may I suggest you pass around the patch to everyone now, install it on every damn pc you know. (except for school systems, let em burn ;))

tweak
13-08-2003, 04:07 PM
I'm going to kill that communist scumbag! Fucking creating this shit. I hope he goes to jail and gets gang raped twenty times a day.

Object Name: C:\WINDOWS\System 32\msblast.exe
Virus Name: W32.Blaster.Worm
Action Taken: Unable to repair this file.

FlashBang
13-08-2003, 04:15 PM
how do you know he's a communist?

tweak
13-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by FlashBang
how do you know he's a communist? I don't.

The Symantic Remover isn't working :wtf:

60 Megabyte File
13-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Hey guess what

I got this on my birthday and had to reformat :( . Also the patch install doesn't work which now i have to use a laptop
It cripples me. I can only type small sentences without going crazy

MAJOR ANGST

feric2002
13-08-2003, 07:07 PM
this b0rked my windows update. thats why i had no idea

60 Megabyte File
13-08-2003, 08:25 PM
IMPORTANT:
New Variation of the Blaster vIRUS

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/08/13/HNblaster_1.html

Turbo9000
14-08-2003, 01:15 AM
So does Windows Update cover this vulnerability, or do you still need to download this patch even if your Critical Updates are completely up to date? :confused:

tweak
14-08-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Turbo9000
So does Windows Update cover this vulnerability, or do you still need to download this patch even if your Critical Updates are completely up to date? :confused: The update doesn't protect from getting the worm. I think all it does it prevent the worm from working. But, yea you should go out and download the patch just to be safe.

FlashBang
14-08-2003, 02:43 AM
I think the update closes the security-leak that enables the virus to put itself onto the system using an overflow... if the virus is on your system, the patch doesn't remove or stop it.

Turbo9000
14-08-2003, 11:19 AM
OK, I got it... thanks. Can never be too careful I s'pose. :)

BMT
14-08-2003, 02:12 PM
But if you lot bothered following the many links presented at the start of the forum, there are many ways to get rid of the virus... try them out first before whining it ain't repairable... you can start with getting rid of antivirus software, because it just doesn't work.

(GIT)r-man
14-08-2003, 02:14 PM
The symantec removal tool works

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

Panzerfaust
14-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Does it always go in the system32 folder or is it random?

Paul Shuttle
14-08-2003, 05:29 PM
It's funny how people blame Microsoft for this, but don't blame themselves for not keeping upto date.

Seriously folks. If you can't be bothered to install patches, install firewalls, install anti-virus software, and keep abreast of at least BASIC computer news (this has been reported in numerous places, so don't plead ignorance), then you deserve everything you get.

Slidje
14-08-2003, 05:58 PM
not everyone is in a position to use the updates. people who steal xp for example. service packs jeapardize their installations.
funny how a virus designed to bring down microsoft is hindred by its own anti piracy laws.

that being said, where can i download msblaster?

GeNmA
14-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Windows Me & My router > You

(GIT)r-man
15-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Slidje
where can i download msblaster?

If you realy want it I can probably email it to you in zip form tonight...

making a tenner a time for ridding people's systems of it down the computer shop so bound to have the oppportunity today to copy it off some poor sod's machine before nuking the bugger (the virus that is...not the machine ;) )

Panzerfaust
15-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by GeNmA
Windows Me & My router > You

Finally, there's an upside to owning Windows ME.

Malek
15-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Panzerfaust

Finally, there's an upside to owning Windows ME.
Quick, call Guiness.

FailSafe
15-08-2003, 02:36 AM
ME + 1GHz processor -/+ reformatting = CRASH CRASH CRASH = ERROR ERROR ERROR (the formula of my fathers computer)
I personally hate ME quite a lot, but the fact that it isnt NT based makes it look a lot better (no crashes) :D

FuNiOnZ
15-08-2003, 03:07 AM
Told you guys. First a large scale virus, then massive blackouts and a fire, then cell phone networks go down. Get prepared, skynet is coming for you :(

xJayx
15-08-2003, 04:56 AM
Bastards.. I'm ready for them...[/offtopic]

Yeah, I woke up about 3:00AM to sign on and get the email from my ISP (who kindly provided the link to the download). Don't ya just love it when they actually do something productive? :)

Mr. Chris
18-08-2003, 10:16 PM
I've downloaded this patch earlier, but it causes slowness and instability of my machine, so I had to roll back.

I just have ports blocked and such, stupid patch caused nothing but problems for me. :mad:

FadeToBlack
24-08-2003, 12:09 PM
thats why i still have 98

dude the majority of viruses.. are for 98 0.0 we already got a patch for xp but look at all the viruses on YOUR side

ME + 1GHz processor -/+ reformatting = CRASH CRASH CRASH = ERROR ERROR ERROR (the formula of my fathers computer)
I personally hate ME quite a lot, but the fact that it isnt NT based makes it look a lot better (no crashes)

Look, xp NEVER crashes, NO blue screens of death, and me, does it, and does it more. NT based is MORE stable than 95 98 me blah blah anyways...

FlashBang
24-08-2003, 02:46 PM
I absolutly have to agree with the sequel to flashback

WindowsME (much like windows 95a) is a self-destructing operation system. It kills itself over time. Neither windows 2000 nor windows XP do that. If you want something acceptably stable and not self-destructing, try win98se.

If you want the most stable (post-windows3.11) version, get win2k. Winxp is acceptably stable too, but it's overloaded and in my humble opinion worse than win2k.

The statement "thats why i still have 98" is nutty in itself. You can secure win2k/xp just as well as win98. I'm not sure about win95/me thou as I lack long-time practical experience of securing those versions. But the point is that you can secure win2k/xp just as well or even better than any other windows-version. Even with a MINIMUM of security, the msblast-virus can't infect your system. But it indeed infected thousands and thousands of systems. This clearly shows that the operating system is not the problem. It's the user!

If ppl can't keep their system safe, it doesn't matter which windows they are using.

cya
- Flash

FlashBang
27-08-2003, 02:20 PM
you probably messed something up during the installation of win2k then. Speed-differences are practically not noticeable.

Corinth36
05-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Finally, a reason to be glad I have this damning piece of shit covered plastic and circuitry commonly called a 'router'. It blocks hackers. Period. But it also blocks everything I DON'T want blocked. The real issue is that I can't open any ports (It THINKS it can forward them to my comp but unfortunately it won't accept the IP it/we assigned my comp as existing. Effectively preventing me from hosting HL servers...

Now THATS a rant. (At least for me)

BMT
06-09-2003, 06:01 PM
That's a pretty shit router if you ask me. I thought they were meant to make sharing the internet easier for networks. Sounds to me like you should've stuck with winXP home network setup :p

Corinth36
06-09-2003, 07:11 PM
It IS a shit router and I wanna get rid of it. I can secure my comp fine but my dad doesn't trust me. That means the router stays and my ability to play a LOT of games goes.

In any case, it's amazing what these hackers do these days. Back in the beginning it was easy, there was no security to stop them. Now though, theres all this security and they STILL find leaks, no matter how advanced the security gets. Amazing, nasty, but still amazing.

BMT
06-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Nah I don't think it's that hard. They just keep playing till they find an exploit. Note aswell most of the time they find the leak and exploit it then there's a fix. There never seems to be a case where a leak is fixed before it's exploited. I guess the hackers are just keeping the companies [or rather, one company, you-know-who] on their feet.

Oh and have you tried playing with the routers settings so it allows some ports... or at least talking to your dad about letting you use game ports... you never know he might be so impressed you know something about networking that he'll open up a port or two ;)

Corinth36
06-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Of course I've tried playing with the settings, and my dad knows a lot about how things worked with comps in the early days. He's a master with BASIC and he can DOS circles around anyone but Big Billy. When it comes to modern stuff though, like the internet and networking, he's sadly failing.

The problem with my router is that it can't 'open' ports persay it can only forward packets blocked at a port to the network admin. Luckily that's me. Where the problem is though is that the masked IP of my comp (192.168.1.101 no one can do shit with that anyway) is 'An invalid IP Address'. The worst of it is that the damn router assigned that IP to my comp!

It's a nightmare.

FlashBang
07-09-2003, 02:35 AM
how does a router protect you better than PC-own security?
I see a non-protected PC sitting behind a router as more endangered as a protected PC directly connected to the internet.
A router won't filter out trojans and most other viri. Only because this time the MS Blast virus couldn't infect PCs behind routers because the router drops packets that can't be assigned to a specific PC (that point only counts if there is no DMZ in the network) doesn't mean that a router will protect you from anything. The biggest threats are NOT filtered out by routers. So please install firewalls and AVTs. Even if it's only zonealarm and this free AV-thingy from www.freeav.com

One day, you'll be happy you installed it.

Corinth36
07-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Like I said, I know how to secure my comp without a router and I have. The problem is that my dad refuses to let me connect directly for two reasons:
1. He doesn't trust anything other than a router to keep a computer safe. (However wrong that may be)
2. We need it so we can both connect to the internet. It's acting as a network hub, without it only one computer gets on the net.

This is horribly off topic, even though it seems the previous conversation has died, this should go in it's own thread or something. Let's leave it at I have a fucked up router and there's nothing I can do about it.

Qwerty
07-09-2003, 02:58 PM
The routor is the best type of hardware firewall in the world. Software is not as good as hardware firewalls.

BMT
07-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Qwerty
The routor is the best type of hardware firewall in the world. Software is not as good as hardware firewalls.

Quiet you. :p

FlashBang
08-09-2003, 12:45 PM
The routor is the best type of hardware firewall in the world.
actually, dedicated hardware firewalls are the best hardware firewalls in the world (obviously?). The firewall in a router is more or less just a gimmick

Software[-firewalls, I guess] [are] not as good as hardware firewalls.
really depends on what you're using and what you're expecting. With a software firewall you are alot closer to the system that needs protection and it's programs. A hardware firewall normally doesn't know which program tries to connect right now. You can block everything besides ports that REALLY need to be used. That's what most companies do. That's just average protection thou. But the users can't manipulate it. That's why the hardware-solution is often chosen by companies. Managers, division-leaders and other higher-ranking employees usually also have a software-firewall installed which allows them to better control what goes in and out of the computer.

Please explain why a hardware firewall is better than a software firewall (especially in a home-environment). I think I fail to see that right now. Maybe some real arguments could point me in the correct direction.

cya
- Flash

Corinth36
08-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Ok let me give you all the whole story on my network/internet situation.

1. We have 1 modem, 3 computers. A router is a simple necessity.

2. My dad doesn't trust software as much as hardware. He claims that no matter how thorough a software firewall is hackers will find security leaks. He also claims that a router simply blocking EVERYTHING but port 80 is the best solution since notheing can get in that way (make any sense to you?)

3. My opinion is that though the router is a necessity for net connection, I can still set up a DMZ for my computer and secure it via software and my own tricks. He doesn't want to trust this now $200 piece of dog crap to software though and thus my problem.

4. My router doesn't want to allow my to forward the incoming data through ports to my computer. Reason: Unknown, other than the mysterious 'Invalid IP Address'. This could all be solved by buying a non-shitty router from anyone but Linksys. Of course in dad's opinion Linksys is the best and ours works fine. :wtf:

Qwerty
08-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Get a linksys or belkin routor or netgear routor, they are real good. I rate them like this.

1. Netgear
2. Linksys
3. Belkin

:) Get netgear! :D

Kuroneko
08-09-2003, 10:53 PM
my 2 routers and 3 firewalls pwn j00 all

tweak
08-09-2003, 11:02 PM
I don't own a firewall or router, because I'm that cool. :p

Lightwolf
09-09-2003, 07:30 AM
Yeah, but with those routers you're limited, like creating servers and stuff like that, it wont work.

FlashBang
09-09-2003, 01:51 PM
1. We have 1 modem, 3 computers. A router is a simple necessity.
agreed. Software-routers usually suck because the machine that's routing has to be on (sucking up lots of power). So a hardware-router is alot better there.

2. My dad doesn't trust software as much as hardware. He claims that no matter how thorough a software firewall is hackers will find security leaks. He also claims that a router simply blocking EVERYTHING but port 80 is the best solution since notheing can get in that way (make any sense to you?)
well... yeah... it kinda makes sense. He's living in around 1990-1992 there. Security today is alot different thou. Especially in home-networks. Hackers don't "hack" your firewall. They try to make you run programs with embedded installers for trojans and other unwanted things. Those will either act as servers and listen on ports for commands or they actively send data to their creator (or script-kiddy, whatever). A router usually won't block that because it only "filters" incoming packets (I'll get deeper into the "filtering" in another post if you want). Outgoing traffic is usually just nodded through.
Blocking everything but port 80 is simple NONSENSE. You can only browse the most simple websites. Not even HTTPS will work. I guess you'll only have real access to like 20-25% of the available websites. Lots of webservers use ports other than 80. I won't even get started on gaming or other internet-applications!

3. My opinion is that though the router is a necessity for net connection, I can still set up a DMZ for my computer and secure it via software and my own tricks. He doesn't want to trust this now $200 piece of dog crap to software though and thus my problem.
sorry, but invest the few bucks and buy your old man "internet-security for dummies" or something. This is outragous! Please don't tell me he's actually security-advisor for a company O_O

4. My router doesn't want to allow my to forward the incoming data through ports to my computer. Reason: Unknown, other than the mysterious 'Invalid IP Address'. This could all be solved by buying a non-shitty router from anyone but Linksys. Of course in dad's opinion Linksys is the best and ours works fine. :wtf:
Well, I can advice you to buy SMC. I already installed and used lots of routers and SMC really was the best and most reliable I had by now... plus I get 5$ every time I mention SMC (just kidding ;))
Do you use the router as DHCP-server? that might result in problems. Otherwise... hmmm... dunno. If you want, I can check the settings for you some time (if the router supports remote-administration and you trust me enough)

Good luck with dragging your dad to the year 2003, it's your only hope, I think :)

cya
- Flash

Kuroneko
09-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Lightwolf
Yeah, but with those routers you're limited, like creating servers and stuff like that, it wont work.

Netgear routers pwn all

Lightwolf
09-09-2003, 06:53 PM
I have a Linksys and it sucks, I can't create servers or anything. Can you create servers with your Netgear router?

Qwerty
09-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Yes you can create server with Linksys, you just don't know how to use your routor :) A person who knows his routor knows how to "OPEN PORTS". ;) Hint hint.

Lightwolf
09-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Yeah I know, I haven't got around to doing it though. Also, if you've seen my post in Tech Support, about my PC and stuff,.....it makes my situation about 10 times harder.