PDA

View Full Version : Question in regards to a map I saw

cthon98
13-08-2003, 02:19 PM
I joined a server, it had a new map, some entmap_schouse or something like that, anyways, when I got in, it was just a big area, and another player was running around aiming some wierd gun that was making walls and stuff appear. He said it was some admin thing or whatever, but he even made moving track and stuff. This one guy was flipping out at me because I hit a wall with my crowbar. He was going bezerk and voting to kill me and stuff. Then I went in a house and he went right insane. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!' "YOU STUPID NOOB! YOU'LL WRECK ALL MY STUFF!" and I wasnt doing anything at all, just looking, but then he voted to kill me and I got killed. So when I respawned I started shooting up all his walls and putting sprays all over it and everything, he went totally ballistic. Then he left, and I was asking questions, trying to find out about thie mod or whatever, it was a svencoop map.

Anyways, anyone know what the heck Im talking about and where I can get it? It downloaded the bsp, but it doesnt show up in my maps list.

cthon98
13-08-2003, 02:21 PM
yeah, I checked, it IS in my folder, the map name is
entmap_schouseshop.bsp

ever hear of it?

Sph!nx
13-08-2003, 02:58 PM
nope sorry.

ohw btw
Next time use this beautiful button ... http://www.svencoop.com/forums/images/edit.gif :D

BMT
13-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Sounds to me like some experimental newbie map running exclusively on that server, to which you have automatically downloaded upon entering said server. Not really a popular one and so most of us probably won't know anything about it.

Original|Prankster
13-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Dont worry, even though you may be a noob, that guy is a biger one for calling you a noob in a crappy ass map, where he is ROLEPLAYING lol.

( see even i have a soft side :P)

cthon98
13-08-2003, 04:30 PM
yeah, but Im NOT a noob. I came into the map expecting to play a coop game, or tinker around with something fun. I've been playing halflife and svencoop for a long time.

feric2002
13-08-2003, 04:37 PM
the gun he had was an EntMover. You can get it at AdminOp (http://www.adminop.net). its called EntMod . I personally dont approve of the administrator of AdminOp(Drunken Fool) because he steals sources and gives no credit to the people who made it.

The other possible reason is that you might have been playing on "The Monastary" server in which uses a utility or Server Assistant. If you played on the TFC server "The Sillyzone" you would know but now it is down. In this utility you also have the original EntMover. AdminOp stole the idea of it I think.

To find out what was used, the weapon model that the admin uses look different:
Star Trek Phaser: AdminOp
the gluon gun: Monastary

BTW sorry for my grammar... just thinking as I type

:o

Sheiwn
13-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by cthon98
I joined a server, it had a new map, some entmap_schouse or something like that, anyways, when I got in, it was just a big area, and another player was running around aiming some wierd gun that was making walls and stuff appear. He said it was some admin thing or whatever, but he even made moving track and stuff. This one guy was flipping out at me because I hit a wall with my crowbar. He was going bezerk and voting to kill me and stuff. Then I went in a house and he went right insane. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!' "YOU STUPID NOOB! YOU'LL WRECK ALL MY STUFF!" and I wasnt doing anything at all, just looking, but then he voted to kill me and I got killed. So when I respawned I started shooting up all his walls and putting sprays all over it and everything, he went totally ballistic. Then he left, and I was asking questions, trying to find out about thie mod or whatever, it was a svencoop map.

Anyways, anyone know what the heck Im talking about and where I can get it? It downloaded the bsp, but it doesnt show up in my maps list.

Was his name dead or alive? or something like that