PDA

View Full Version : Whick Site?

Seraphim
15-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Hey! I can't make up my mind, so I'm asking all of you. Which layout should we use for The Cafe of Rabid Snarks?

www.geocities.com/cafe_of_rabid_snarks
OR
www.snarkcafe.tk

I personally like the geocities one better...

Panzerfaust
15-08-2003, 08:34 PM
a TK is better than a geocities.

Seraphim
16-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Note: I said layout not domain... The one people like the most will replace the .tk of course.

MedievalManIII
16-08-2003, 01:17 PM
eh, typing a .tk site address is much shorter than typing a geocities site address

Seraphim
16-08-2003, 01:20 PM
OKay guys.. DO NOT LOOK AT THE WEBSITE NAME. THE BETTER ONE WILL BE AT THE .TK SITE. IF IT'S AT GEOCITIES NOW, IT WILL MOVE TO THE .TK IF IT'S AT THE .TK NOW IT WILL STAY AT THE .TK

And yes.. I realized I spelt "Which" wrong in the topic name. It was on purpose ;)

Mutant
16-08-2003, 03:31 PM
Calm down Seraphim ;).

I can't really decide which layout is better. In the way of looks, I thought the .tk site was better; in the way of layout, the geocities site was better. How about keeping the geocities layout, but moving some of the graphics from the .tk site (like the 'Main'; 'Movies' and 'Server' icons from the navigation bar) over to the geocities site (and obviously slightly editing them to make sure they fit the layout :p ).

Seraphim
16-08-2003, 04:10 PM
I appreciate the feedback, Mutant. We may just do a whole new one. The geocities doesn't look too snark related... We'll see what happens. Yeah, maybe we'll keep those things.

cscarlet
17-08-2003, 04:24 AM
the layout on geocities loads fast, is clear and looks professional, which is why i voted for it

Seraphim
18-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Yeah.. it loads fast because there really isn't much there. The .tk is a bit cluttered, to me. But, due to votes, we're going to stick with the .tk until we come up with a new layout. (maybe) Thanks for the votes!

Jar-Jar-BinX
19-08-2003, 01:12 PM
hmmmm..... the geocities layout is stolen and edited (the top pic olny, he jus added text) from www.freelayouts.com, and gave no credit to the maker, and the .tk one is to spaced and odd. mabey its jus me cuse im on 800x600.

R@lph VViggum
20-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Snarkcafe.tk has a great layout.

cscarlet
20-08-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Jar-Jar-BinX
hmmmm..... the geocities layout is stolen and edited (the top pic olny, he jus added text) from www.freelayouts.com, and gave no credit to the maker, and the .tk one is to spaced and odd. mabey its jus me cuse im on 800x600.
http://www.gnext.vze.com/ is the maker, freelayouts just list it, there is a link at the bottom of the page

Seraphim
20-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Layout was stolen? Hmm.. didn't know.. sorry. The .tk is meant for 1024x700 or whatever that size is. I'm on 800x600 too and I thought it looked kinda weird myself. But we're adding a lot to the .tk and changing things. The download page is now up and we're playing around with new backgrounds etc. Anyone have any suggestions?

Panzerfaust
20-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Seraphim
Note: I said layout not domain... The one people like the most will replace the .tk of course.

my bad, I'd say the geocities layout.

tweak
20-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by cscarlet

http://www.gnext.vze.com/ is the maker, freelayouts just list it, there is a link at the bottom of the page A tell a friend script is $25!? wow...

I'd go with the Geocities layout.

Milky P
20-08-2003, 06:40 PM
.tk one seems to be broked, and the geocities one looks fine, excpet your banner has nothing at all to do with snarks....or even sven co-op....