PDA

View Full Version : Using bots to test map flow

Tinman
15-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Ive tried to get about 4 different bot types working on svencoop, but to no avail i keep geting server crashes, is there a way to get some dummy bots on a server to test the flow on a svencoop map or just for finding structural problems I.E

# Bad corners
# Low ceilings
# Bad steps or too higher levels

These sort of problems take days and days of rigorous testing to define where they are, so i came up with using bots wandering aimlessly to see if that would enable to test maps for structural flaws, if a bot got stuck on a corner then i would know where and how long by using the error logs if creates.

Is there a way to get a bot to at least load with monsters in or do i have to just use them for structural examination. I thought there was a svencoop bot project already going but i cant seem to find any sources or links for more info.

Tinman.

:(

*L*E*O*N*
16-08-2003, 12:51 AM
There is a bot being created by Radioactive Man, but it's not released. Could you try your bots in just plain old hl or something without the svencoop stuff?

Radioactive^Man
16-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Its impossible...cause svencoop has a thousand different codes added...u cant get other bots to work on svencoop... or mabey there is.....let me go try it out...:rolleyes: be back with information

Tinman
16-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Could you try your bots in just plain old hl or something without the svencoop stuff?

Yes i could but for testing monster positions and strategy it would be nice to have a handful of bots to find out any weak spots in the map etc

cscarlet
17-08-2003, 04:21 AM
probably not, svencoop uses different entities that most bots will not know are which is probably why it crashes the server