PDA

View Full Version : A Question ?

Hezus
01-09-2003, 08:52 AM
I`ve been looking at the changes list for 3.0 and I don`t really understand what this means :

"Flag to disable dynamic collision boxes added for monsters"

Does it mean that monsters can walk trough players and eachother when disabled ?

Rugal
01-09-2003, 08:54 AM
I think it means if monsters walk into eachother, they won't freeze up and then turn around.

Sniper
01-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Monsters with custom models use new collision box sizes based on the model. There is now a flag to disable that, so if your monster has a custom model, you can have it use the default collision box.

Note: Only aliens have dynamic collision boxes if they have a custom model set. It doesn't apply to Humans because of a few size problems that popped up.

Hezus
01-09-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
Monsters with custom models use new collision box sizes based on the model. There is now a flag to disable that, so if your monster has a custom model, you can have it use the default collision box.

Note: Only aliens have dynamic collision boxes if they have a custom model set. It doesn't apply to Humans because of a few size problems that popped up.

So that means you can use player models as custom enemy models now ? Now they stick half into the ground because their origin lies in the middle of their body, I guess.

Correct me if I`m not right.. the player model can use the boxes from the origional monster ?

Sniper
01-09-2003, 03:38 PM
You'll be able to set custom monster hull sizes in 3.0 through worldcraft/hammer.

Sniper
01-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Hezus
So that means you can use player models as custom enemy models now ? Now they stick half into the ground because their origin lies in the middle of their body, I guess.

Correct me if I`m not right.. the player model can use the boxes from the origional monster ?

http://www.svencoop.com/davemcd/cave0001.jpg

Fortune2
01-09-2003, 05:18 PM
That sounds like somthing to look forward to...

Hezus
02-09-2003, 04:11 AM
:) Great ! Tnx Sniper !

Sph!nx
02-09-2003, 10:02 AM
Hey that's grooovvvyyy. Good new feature. Mappers can do alot with that :D