PDA

View Full Version : When is Svencoop3 coming out

azure_sheep
05-09-2003, 03:38 AM
I have enough of replaying svencoop 1 & 2 . When is svencoop3 coming out ? And is my favourite character , Green Grunt , have any part in it ?

Sven Viking
05-09-2003, 05:24 AM
I actually finally got to begin on in about a month ago... I got the majority of the basic layout finished, but with all the details to fill in and scripts to arrange, I think it's only about 25% complete. Then I got busy again, though :/.

Pretty busy with the beta test at the moment... I hope I'll get time to finish it at some stage. There's a great minigame, for one thing :).

EvilPentaPenguin
05-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Sven Viking
There's a great minigame, for one thing :).

Woot! Mini-games rock :D

Kain
06-09-2003, 01:58 AM
will the svencoop map sieres be re-released in SC2? it'd be a lot more interesting to see what can be done with the new engine...

Creeps
06-09-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by azure_sheep
I have enough of replaying svencoop 1 & 2 . When is svencoop3 coming out ? And is my favourite character , Green Grunt , have any part in it ? tomorrow. its gonna be released before HL2.

Raging_Wulf
06-09-2003, 07:04 AM
When its done, maybe?

Well, if there's gonna be a minigame, it better not slow down the progress! I want sc3.0 :(

Sven Viking
06-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Azure Sheep was talking about svencoop3.bsp the map, by the way, not SvenCo-op v3.0.

The map won't slow progress on the mod release, because I'm not working on it, and haven't been for about a month (which is because it /would/ slow progress if I did. Have had more than enough general SC stuff taking up my time). I would have liked to release it with SC v3.0, but there just hasn't been enough time.

P.S., missed the question first time round: Yup, the green grunt will be in the map if he survived in svencoop2.bsp

Tempest
06-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Is Chubby in the map? if not, then i wouldnt like it that much :( :( :(

Sven Viking
06-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Yup, Chubby is in it, but not 'til the end.

bmôôre
06-09-2003, 11:51 AM
So how many new maps in v3.0, and how many v2.1 maps have been edited with, v3.0 entities?

Raging_Wulf
06-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sven Viking
Azure Sheep was talking about svencoop3.bsp the map, by the way, not SvenCo-op v3.0. Ahhh, now I see. My bad :(

JDW
07-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Is the minigame in svencoop2 the hallway just before teh evil scientist man? If so i dont understand it, i havent seen any arrows.

Raging_Wulf
07-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Uhm... Im not sure, but I *think* it *may* be behind the last respawn before you meet the evil scientist... though I havent checked myself, and Ive only been to that minigame place once.

Tempest
07-09-2003, 01:14 PM
what do you mean not to the end?.......his not dying...right? :eek: :eek:

slippery
08-09-2003, 05:41 AM
when the portal opens and u fall thu the vent and land, the mini game is in THAT hallway, figure it out....

and the evil sci dies if u rescue the good grunt

Raging_Wulf
08-09-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by slippery
and the evil sci dies if u rescue the good grunt Too bad I've never got to see that... since always when Ive played that map, some assholes on the server usually kills him right away...

Danielsan
08-09-2003, 11:30 AM
Too bad I've never got to see that... since always when Ive played that map, some assholes on the server usually kills him right away...
yeh this is a big problem on some servers

EvilPentaPenguin
08-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Danielsan

yeh this is a big problem on some servers

That's why I normally play on servers I'm admin on.

Foolio666
08-09-2003, 06:24 PM
theyre probably just stupid and dont realize that theyre good. i dunno, they could be assholes too.

Sven Viking
09-09-2003, 06:09 AM
JDW: It sounds as if you probably haven't found the actual area where the minigame takes place... the "Shoot the arrows" message is probably displaying because someone else has found it. There's a secret way to get to the minigame area... as Slippery says, it's in the resupply area near the end, with the radio and the medkit on the ground. It's not quite that simple, though.

JDW
14-09-2003, 07:38 AM
hehe, found it last night. when you go into the last teleporter you push the box into a hole. thne you push urself in :/

Lymphoid
08-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Raging_Wulf
When its done, maybe?

Oh god, I hate that answer....even when it's done, you computer nerds never release your mods or whatever right away...

Raging_Wulf
09-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Lymphoid

Oh god, I hate that answer....even when it's done, you computer nerds never release your mods or whatever right away... Because you have to prepare it into a zip or install (depending on content, if its just a map or model, or if its a big mod) then you have to upload it to a number of sites and give them a time when the file(s) should be made available.

slippery
09-10-2003, 09:55 PM
yer when its finished it doesnt magically zip/compile it self, it doesnt magically get sent to several sites for magical distribution, and doesnt magically end up on your computer

think before u post something that flames mod makers, if u tried it u would prob see how difficult it is.

Lymphoid
10-10-2003, 10:20 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Raging_Wulf
11-10-2003, 03:03 AM
What the hell are you talking about?[b]

What we're answering to is the message you posted before, if you cant remember check the quote right under this message.

[B]even when it's done, you computer nerds never release your mods or whatever right away...

It's often a lot more complicated than "put these files inside install"

At least that's the picture I've gotten from this kind of stuff.

Lymphoid
14-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Sorry for you guys taking that out of its context....

DireEdge
14-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Bug fixing is a good reason for delay.
Play testing is a matter of opinion, and
given that a game is never perfect, could theoretically... but I can wait.
Waiting for Valve to fix Steam: even the optimistic way of looking at this is that Valve is too busy installing new cyber security.

Lightwolf
16-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Yeah, we have found whole bunch of bugs. Most of them are fixed now. But anyway, I'm sure you guys wouldn't want a nice mod with annoying bugs, we just need to squash some more.

Archanor
22-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Is Tor in svencoop3 too? He's phunny.. :p
Any more "episodes" of Chubby & Tor?