PDA

View Full Version : HIT HD grunts



Commando
05-09-2003, 01:36 PM
This is on Planet Halflife so I will make a thread for it's discussion. Here are the official Sven Coop HD grunts made by the HIT team!

http://www.svencoop.com/images/newgrunts.jpg

Freaking Neo
05-09-2003, 02:01 PM
And i can tell you, that medic comes in really goddamn handy

Irregular Hunter
05-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Some credits go to Bite in the team for making the HIT SD grunt....thanks man
More to come I promise ;)

Uncle
05-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Beautiful..... err, no, mean-looking guys. The faces look real good.

bmôôre
05-09-2003, 03:09 PM
damn man i cant wait, what about some screen of the other SD models, barney and grunt zombie..?

Felix
05-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Yes our group is on PHL Buahahahaha. HIT TEAM ROCKS.

One Eyed Newt
05-09-2003, 03:13 PM
credits go to Bite in the team for making the HIT SD grunt....thanks man

Just Bite? He only did some of the skin

The grunts were made by me, with a few animations from Raptor3k

feric2002
05-09-2003, 03:27 PM
http://www.crap.homestead.com/files/smileythumbsup.gif

Kain
05-09-2003, 03:45 PM
those are great... love 'em... apart i can see one error, on the medic's hat, on the origional op4 mdl, was a radio or something...

PD-KC
05-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Don't you think that the second grunt from left has a bit... conish head? I find this very humorous. :D

Anyway, I'll be using the original models from opfor since I like them better. Because they are original.

Snoopy
05-09-2003, 07:58 PM
They look nice, but I never did like that white camo.

Black Op
05-09-2003, 08:43 PM
I must say the the Grunts look awsome. Can't wait for B3.0.:D

Mr. Chris
05-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy
They look nice, but I never did like that white camo.

It's called urban camo.

BTW very nice job on the grunts.

bmôôre
05-09-2003, 09:56 PM
everything looks good except the medic helmet and i dunno about the gas mask it looks funny

GeNmA
05-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Kain
those are great... love 'em... apart i can see one error, on the medic's hat, on the origional op4 mdl, was a radio or something...

No, it´s a pack of cigarrets, and the shotung grunt´s head its way too small, needs tweaking, awsome job anywayz

tweak
05-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Good job guys! They look great.

Kain
06-09-2003, 02:13 AM
cigs? always looked black to me and has a little thing stuck out of the top, like an antenna... it's the torch who smokes...

WoadRaider
06-09-2003, 04:02 PM
the models look great, cant wait to play with them...

but as far as the medic helmet goes, im gonna have to agree with kain about it having something more like a radio...after looking at the model from the pak file...doesnt look like a pack of cigarettes...

Turbo9000
06-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Great models, but yeah, the helmet is a little akward and the shotgun grunt's head does seem too small (at that angle anyways).

slippery
07-09-2003, 02:48 AM
its not smokes or a radio

its a bottle, probably full of alcohol, the bit poking out teh top is the neck and cap

*using model viewer*

Snoopy
07-09-2003, 04:15 AM
It looks like a canteen.

Sgt.Leon
07-09-2003, 07:01 AM
the models are cool but, the medic's left arm have a problem and the engineer's hand look strange...

Raging_Wulf
07-09-2003, 07:55 AM
yeah, looks like an extra elbow... or something.

Sph!nx
07-09-2003, 08:30 AM
The models are looking good.
I always appreciate the work the HIT team has done. ;)
g/j guys

Sgt.Leon
07-09-2003, 09:07 AM
will they convert them in a player models version?

Raging_Wulf
07-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Sgt.Leon
will they convert them in a player models version? I think you could do that yourself... you just need to copy and rename the models into one of the player models' folders. (though, then you would probably not be able to use custom color clothing)

One Eyed Newt
07-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Raging_Wulf
I think you could do that yourself... you just need to copy and rename the models into one of the player models' folders. (though, then you would probably not be able to use custom color clothing)

Requires a bit more work than that, the models don't have the player model animations

Hezus
07-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Turbo9000
Great models, but yeah, the helmet is a little akward and the shotgun grunt's head does seem too small (at that angle anyways).

Indeed. It`s looks kind of odd. Maybe it`s only that picture ?

DAN200
07-09-2003, 03:07 PM
arent these just the converted ps2 models??

One Eyed Newt
07-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DAN200
arent these just the converted ps2 models??

Nope, they are new ones

Panzerfaust
07-09-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm trying to convert them into player models, finally figured out some problems, and the hands float, working on it.

Commando
07-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Look at the Opposing Force medic animation, the arm is the same in that.

And the balaclava wearing shotgun grunt has the same sized head, sheesh.

Raging_Wulf
08-09-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by One Eyed Newt


Requires a bit more work than that, the models don't have the player model animations oh, ok... damn!

Corporal Calhoun
11-09-2003, 08:01 PM
I have a question which may sound stupid:

what is the HIT and who runs it?

my other question is:

those look like the HL PS2 Grunts and if they are how can HIT claim they are theirs?

toadie
11-09-2003, 11:15 PM
1) cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~newt
2) 'cause Nearly everything about them are new and heavily modified.. practically a new Model. And I'm pretty sure they did get permission from gearbox to use them a while back

One Eyed Newt
12-09-2003, 03:48 AM
those look like the HL PS2 Grunts and if they are how can HIT claim they are theirs?

They arent the ps2 hgrunts, the ps2 HL didnt even have the opfor grunts in it :rolleyes:

Irregular Hunter
12-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Corporal Calhoun
I have a question which may sound stupid:

what is the HIT and who runs it?

my other question is:

those look like the HL PS2 Grunts and if they are how can HIT claim they are theirs?

Because, it's not even the ps2 grunts. Those ones where homemade by our team member Bite can all I can say is that he did a great jon on them and its alot better than the ps2 grunts. Newt improved it to the next level

parrot
16-09-2003, 06:12 AM
that's mad! now i know more about 3.0

ThE.PrOFeSSiONaL
21-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Irregular Hunter


Because, it's not even the ps2 grunts. Those ones where homemade by our team member Bite can all I can say is that he did a great jon on them and its alot better than the ps2 grunts. Newt improved it to the next level

the original soldiers bodies and heads and textures were used to create the new ones made like the op4 ones. the only thing changed in the default soldiers is the skin