PDA

View Full Version : The Cafe needs your help!

Seraphim
12-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Attention!! Like the title says, the Cafe of Rabid Snarks are seeking assistance. No, this is not a last resort or anything, and no we are definitely NOT falling apart. With school starting and everything, some of our members cannot be online as much as before. We are a very serious organization attempting to make our server(s) simply the best ever. We're looking for anyone who can do anything. This includes coding, graphics, WEB SITES, HOSTING SERVERS , managing web site, etc.

We're especially looking for anyone who lives in different time zones than the US. We need people who can look after things while we're gone (i.e. at school, work, sleep).

Any questions/concerns, just PM me and we'll get things situated.

Qwerty
12-09-2003, 08:27 PM
hmm lol.

<--hlrse.com

Subdomain Hosting.
FTP Hosting.
SubForum Hosting.
E-Mail Hosting.

What more is there? O.o if your trying to make a community, I would try join in, but none of you guys or most of you guys ignore my posts, and not help me etc. I think some of you are mean, and some are nice. :-O No offense. Sorry.

tweak
12-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Qwerty

What more is there? O.o if your trying to make a community, I would try join in, but none of you guys or most of you guys ignore my posts, and not help me etc. I think some of you are mean, and some are nice. :-O No offense. Sorry. Get used to it. I feel like I'm ingnored all the time.

Seraphim
12-09-2003, 08:42 PM
I apolagize if we've ignored you at all. I honestly try and help out anyone I can. If not, it's because I don't look through the forums too much. We only have 5 members so far, Citriczip and I are the only ones who use this forum currently....

Nice site, Qwerty. I see you have a little "community" thing? We don't need any FTP hosting yet... not too worried about hosting files right now. How long ya been around? Suppose you could do anything forums-wise for us?

tweak
12-09-2003, 08:46 PM
What kinda stuff are you doing?

Seraphim
12-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Well currently we host a server, host file mirrors for maps, review and host new maps on our server (if anyone ever sends us any!) Things of that nature... It's kind of hard to explain what we do "exactly" as we are relatively new and still developing.

tweak
12-09-2003, 08:57 PM
Cool, what do you need help with? I'm not going to have the internet very long though.

Kuroneko
12-09-2003, 08:59 PM
I'll help in any way I can.

I have minor knowledge in alot of different fields, such as: html, php, that stuff. I could review maps, or admin servers, I can do alot =\

Seraphim
12-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Well mainly we need someone to help with the site. Someone who knows HTML and who can get a forum up A.S.A.P. Someone who will work really hard on it.

We also need someone who can host servers, listen or dedicated. We can provide assistance in setting up Admin mod or other mods for the server.

The map reviewing and all is a future plan -- effective after the forums and site is fully functional (of course) but we will still need people to do these things, yes.

BTW: If anyone is interested and has AIM, my name's Rubiel863

citriczip
12-09-2003, 09:01 PM
ignored when did we ignore you qwerty. its easy to talk to us. As seraphim said we don't read thru the forum all the time, so we might have missed your post. but if you have any questions you can email us at snarkcafe@yahoo.com. but we do really badly need somone to help us with website hosting, they do need to know html and help us make a forum on our site.

Qwerty
12-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Lets see, for this Asteroids game called Subspace (i suggest you guys dont get involved with it, its full of people thats full of hatred D:, they hate each other, a lot of cussing - you just dont want to get involved, sure play it a coupel times, just dont get involved) and its at www.subspacedownloads.com - ive hosted for it before, over maybe 50 zones in my life, and Ive owned about more then 15 zones thats IVE created.

Halflife, ive hosted a server for my clan, but not any more, im looking for someone thats willing to host 24/7 free dedicated server for me.

I sometimes now often go into the built in IRC Chat System and create a room called Tech Support. 95% of the people get their problems fixed by (a 12 year old :D i am 12 btw) me. ya should see me do it. I was helping like 3 to 4 people at the same time O.O, doing more then 3 concentrations.

And anyway, I never moderated a forum (besides me own - i administrate my own :p ) and would like to sometime in my future try to moderate for a Subforum for Sven Coop forum or some popular sc related popular forum or website.

My primary plan is to establish a server for the following.
Half-Life: Sven Coop
Half-Life: Natural Selection
Half-Life: Snow Wars
Half-Life2
Half-Life2: Sven Coop2
Unreal Tournament 2003
Unreal Tournament 2004
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat

EDIT: Btw, as a daily basis, I go to every subforum that has a new post and read it - if its interesting i stick to it reading replies. So I search through this whole forum technically ;)

Seraphim
12-09-2003, 09:14 PM
I see... No offense, but I would like to limit this thread to people serious about helping or people with questions please. Thanks

Qwerty
13-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Yeah. Im serious lol. The reason i want to establish servers there, are because I want to provide servers for people that cant find any good server and riliable server to join.

I provide webhosting for those people so they dont have to go around running like crazy and then getting discouraged that they cant find a good webhosting. Take geocities for example. They have their system rigged too, all they want is your money. I just want to provide you riliable and trusting service. To bring you service what was needed years ago. :P

Edit: BTW, im very good at server administrating. I knew what would want to bring people to the server, and what would not. im pretty good at that. plus, im pretty good at helping people, willing to put my time into it soetimes.

Seraphim
13-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Sadly to say, we have a webhost at the moment. http://snarkcafe.tk or http://twistedportal.com/~snark

If you can supply us with a working forum, that would be nice.

Are you able to host any Sven servers?

We're not looking for any admins at the moment. We need a decent server first, sorry.

cscarlet
13-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Qwerty
Take geocities for example. They have their system rigged too, all they want is your money. I just want to provide you riliable and trusting service. To bring you service what was needed years ago. :P
If they can't make up the costs of providing free web hosting they would go bust or would just provide paid webspace, banners do not make enough money as I to used to run a free webhosting service until the revenue for banner advertising fell and I had a situation where I would have lost a lot of my own money just keeping it open

Qwerty
13-09-2003, 04:33 PM
i would have added servers in the beginning of this post - but i quit hosting and never in my life will again.

Seraphim
13-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Qwerty, you said you were able to host our site under yours? PM me about it.