PDA

View Full Version : New News

Sven Viking
16-09-2003, 08:18 AM
http://www.svencoop.com/

Lightwolf
16-09-2003, 08:21 AM
Oooo, Monster riding, sounds interesting. How exactly do you do that, just jump on its back??

Freaking Neo
16-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Our new weapon dropping system is a lot of fun, too... I've spent ages just playing around with it :). It really can't be described, though... you have to see it. Hopefully we'll have time to make up a demonstration video sometime soon.

So true, especially the wrench and crowbar sounds for dropping are awesome :D
(Is the monster riding in beta 5?)

edit: oh sven, answer my PM

Danielsan
16-09-2003, 08:56 AM
HEY! i wanna see this weapon drop system... NOW! :D

Freaking Neo
16-09-2003, 09:01 AM
i can make a movie, dont know if im allowed to post it

Danielsan
16-09-2003, 09:04 AM
that would be cool *hope*

tweak
16-09-2003, 09:30 AM
can you ride the assassins? I know this sounds wrong. But can you?

Freaking Neo
16-09-2003, 10:32 AM
I made the movie but i have no idea if i can post it, ill pm sven

Edit: pmed him, sven, if you read this, check your pms

PD-KC
16-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Gentlemen, mount your gargs! This creates many possiblities for new maps...

How on earth did you manage to think about something that stupid? :confused: :D

This will be interesting...

Riding the assassins, hmm...

Mr. Chris
16-09-2003, 01:04 PM
I smell a Garg rodeo coming :D

Hezus
16-09-2003, 01:44 PM
:) haha ! :)

I remember I asked Sven back in 1.9 if we could have a feature to ride the Big Momma in Osprey. Back then it seems like madness and now it`s really going to happen.

:) Great ! :)

goanna
16-09-2003, 02:04 PM
With a garg rodeo there's bound to be garg poop, don't fall off.
I can see it now some looney riding around on a garg beating the stuffing out it with a crowbar or pipewrench, this will be too f--king cool. I wonder if more than one person can get on. Can you all imagine 3 or 4 people on a monster beating it into submission?=(Co-op) This brings about a whole new dimension in Sven Co-op gaming. Riding a bull squid into battle or better yet 3 people each on a bullsquid riding into battle, hehe. Yet another tid-bit to increase the yerning for the release of 3.0. aaaaawwww, Ive fallen off my chair and I can't get up!

SharkMan
16-09-2003, 02:28 PM
riding female assasins... ROOFLES,.

cscarlet
16-09-2003, 03:14 PM
$ROFL
u pervert, but nice idea

Puchi
16-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by goanna
Riding a bull squid into battle or better yet 3 people each on a bullsquid riding into battle, hehe.
i see human towers on bullsquids riding around

Aurora
17-09-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by tweak
can you ride the assassins? I know this sounds wrong. But can you?

LOL :D...

Hey you know what would be cool? Riding Apaches, Ospreys and Alien Controllers!

By the way - can you ride other players?

Sven Viking
17-09-2003, 02:34 AM
You can't ride on other players' heads, but you can ride along with them using the Barnacle. It's a lot of fun, too :), and can be useful. A player who's too lagged to do complex grappling can grapple onto a non-lagged player, essentially holding onto their back, while they swing between grapple points. Think Spiderman/Tarzan :).

cscarlet
17-09-2003, 02:54 AM
Riding Apache = Losing your head due to blades

Uncle
17-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Imagine all the minigunners of SC, riding on bullsquids........ are you going to allow that, btw?

Turbo9000
17-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Whoa, that weapon dropping thing caught me off guard... that was one of the things me and several others had brought up in the suggestion forum that were quickly shot down... but I guess that's just the next step since the HWgrunts were already going to drop the gat when killed.

And the monster riding? Wow, you guys are really aiming to make this the most fun mod ever! :D

Sven Viking
18-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Minigunners riding bullsquids: Actually, I hadn't thought of that... it's perfect, though. We'll allow it, yup... that sounds great. Only thing is, it'll be tough getting onto a bullsquid while holding a minigun for a couple of reasons.

(BurnOut64's edit: You said "greay" instead of "great" so I went ahead and fixed that for you.)

Berserk Exodus
18-09-2003, 01:32 AM
Hehehehe... Mwahahah... RPG + GARG=MAYHEM.

Yes, he is trying to make this the funnest mod ever, it's what he does. (It was already the funnest anyways.)

One question: Can you control the direction the monsters go, or do you have to wrangle 'em?

Turbo9000
18-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Hey, yeah! You guys should include commands to make a monster face your direction and one to make them walk forward! ....unless that takes too much away from the teamwork involved.

Raging_Wulf
18-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Hmm, immagine seeing an enemy grunt fleeing. You see a friendly bullsquid close to you, chasing the grunt. You jump on the bullsquid and keep your crowbar ready for when you come close enough to the grunt :)

DrZer0 the 2nd
18-09-2003, 04:11 PM
you should make it possible to controll the friendly monsters a little "like a pack mule"

tweak
18-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by DrZer0 the 2nd
you should make it possible to controll the friendly monsters a little "like a pack mule" Make them carry the weapons.

Sven Viking
18-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Re: Controlling monsters you're riding: I actually suggested that :), there's not time, though :(. For now, you need to get another player to lead the monsters about (presuming they're friendly. Obviously you can't control enemies).

Edit: What you /can/ do, though, is use the new npc_ commands to tell the monster you're riding to attack certain enemies.

Turbo9000
20-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Oh yeah, forgot you announced that feature. Kewl. :)

Lt.Chicken
21-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Riding on the friendly Voltigore and picking out specific enemies for it to kill. That sounds fun. Or what if your riding on the Voltigore and have a bunch of baby Voltigores following you!

Uncle
21-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Is it possible to model a "monster" in such a way that it has an "inside" which players could sit in? I just thought that if we model-replaced a monster with some vehicle model (driver included!), a player could "drive" that vehicle around by using the npc commands. And others could get a ride too, if the vehicle was big enough. A quick shortcut method to making those driveable vehicles everyone always wanted.

Puchi
22-09-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Uncle
Is it possible to model a "monster" in such a way that it has an "inside" which players could sit in? I just thought that if we model-replaced a monster with some vehicle model (driver included!), a player could "drive" that vehicle around by using the npc commands. And others could get a ride too, if the vehicle was big enough. A quick shortcut method to making those driveable vehicles everyone always wanted.

i thing so, modeling is like mapping just a "little bit" more difficult and you need other programs :)