PDA

View Full Version : Going.. Gone!

Mad Gonesy
18-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Okey, this is the formal bye-bye. I'm typing this up quickly and I'm going to cover a few issues.

I'm actually leaving on Saturday.. but I've got a lot of Real Life friends and family to say my bye-byes to, so thats Friday cleaned up nicely. Friday night I'm hitting the town for the last time with my pals, so I'll either be too drunk to type as soon as I get home or face-down in some gutter somewhere till Saturday morning.

Saturday, packing and shopping. Then I'm being driven up by my Parents and getting dropped off at my new home. Nice place, big basement ;).

----------------------

If you have anything you desparately want to say to me, contact me over ICQ at 53940352 with your messages within the next 3-4 hours. I'll be saying bye to a few people so I'll be around for a while.

If you have any Administrative/Forum issues you'd like to bring up with someone over the next few months, your best bet is either:

R-man (http://www.svencoop.com/forums/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=3)
or
Commando (http://www.svencoop.com/forums/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=4)

Both of them are seriously cool guys and will be able to handle any questions/requests you have. If they're not around, Sven or Sniper might be able to sort you out, but they're nearly constantly busy.

----------------------------------

Sven Co-op 3.0 will be the best release yet, probably not the one that will make all the CS kiddies play, but definately the one that will make you proud to be a part of this community. You're all going to be ranting and raving about it for months.

Cool Things to watch for

- Sandstone
- Auspices
- AfrikaKorps
- Rampage
- Minigun
- MADWHACK!!
- OP4 Grunt Medic
- OP4 Grunt Medic combined with player medic-call
- Sniper Rifle
- Weapon dropping physics. Fun and strangely satisfying.
- The new HIT models
- The whole Shebang, pretty much

------------------------------

As for the mod team and community, I seriously couldn't have picked a better community to be a part of, we've been through rough times (Blockers, Lack of coder for 9 months) and good times (All the awesome April Fools pranks and version releases) and we've come out smiling every time.

Sven is a nice guy, seems nearly impossible to piss him off when you're chatting on ICQ (not that I've tried :)).

Sniper is one of the most talented and cool people that I know. If you ever feel like you've been treated rudely by him, don't take it personally, he's just busy. :)

Commando, been around for a long time and made some great maps in his time. Very nice guy too.

R-man, two words. Total Geezer. And a great guy with it.

Malek, one of the most underappreciated people I know and someone who's always tried to do what they think is right rather than what is accepted.

The Old Decksix/basicbee crew and all the moderators, you've been a great support over the past few years on the forums and I thank you much. I'm going to do a post on the admin forum now.

Shame to leave you all, caus everyone has been great for as long as I've known them. Thanks to everyone who has ever chatted to me, played with me on a server or played one of my maps. Thanks too to everyone who's played and enjoyed Sven Co-op.

Thank you and good-night!

Oh Pssttt.. Lost MJ Map, Clonelab. Short, but probably my best map ever.
http://www.svencoop.com/mjstuff2/Clonelab.zip

P.S. BUTEMAM!!
P.P.S. I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those darn meddling kids!
P.P.P.S. You might see me around the Christmas holidays. But its a big maybe. :)

tweak
18-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Let me be the first to say. You're a great moderator. Good luck with school.

Good Bye.

Suicidal
18-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Cya MJ, have a good life and dontlet the nomble bite

This is goodbye from me then:

Goodbye.

That is all.

P.S. What about the love child?! WHAT ABOUT THE LOVE CHILD?!?!!

EvilPentaPenguin
18-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Nice meeting you Mj, I wish you good luck in your future! Goodbye! Maybe we'll meet again, somewhere. :)

TwistedX
18-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Best of luck to ya...;)

Turrican
18-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Mad Jonesy
P.S. BUTEMAM!!

lol
thanks for being a friend, and making me a moderator ages ago
dont forget to write or ill CUT YOU

Sven Viking
18-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Moved to General Discussion -- this deserves more attention.

Panzerfaust
18-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Cya MJ, good luck at the UNIV!!!! :)

Tempest
19-09-2003, 01:59 AM
what a shame =(

well good luck to you in the future

(why does everyone leave??)

Elfkin
19-09-2003, 02:24 AM
I already said bye in the other thread, but...

Good Game and Thanks.

cscarlet
19-09-2003, 02:59 AM
Good Bye and Good Luck in teh Future

The-Real-Game
19-09-2003, 03:45 AM
BYE ):

Hezus
19-09-2003, 03:58 AM
* Salute`s MJ ! And a hearthly BUTEMAM to you too ! :)

I`ll drink a Grolsch on your name, don`t worry. Thanks for all the good work and times, and keeping the Nomble away from me. Good luck !

Look Son, there goes a hell of a Moderator.. one day you might be as great as he is...

Creeps
19-09-2003, 04:23 AM
Oh sure leave me and Rupert, what are we going to do without a father?? Now I'm a single mother and I'll have to live of the government.

Anyway, buhbye have fun at UNI ):

Commando
19-09-2003, 04:39 AM
I've always thought of Mad Jonesy as a crucial part of Sven Co-op and after all these years its sad to see him leave.

Good luck MJ, I also start Uni next week!

Freaking Neo
19-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by The-Real-Game
BYE ):

tdw
19-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Bye Mad Jonesy,

I remember when I pm'ed you about sandstone and you said "are those textures from another mod?" That really put a smile on my face.

Gsgt-Bball
19-09-2003, 10:11 AM
I haven't been on the forums long, but good luck

LIVE LIFE TO IT'S FULLEST POTENTIAL!!!

19-09-2003, 10:46 AM
bye MJ :(

Raging_Wulf
19-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Bye...

Hope you'll learn a lot, and generally have a v. good time at Uni.

Paladin
19-09-2003, 11:22 AM
This is a sad day indeed :(, but I feel better knowing that you're going places in your life...

Fare thee well and may success follow you wherever you go, Mad Jonesy.

SharkMan
19-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Good Luck!
study hard

:'(

Felix
19-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Mad jonesy what can i say.... You were great to me, you were... man i have no words how to discribe you. But i really think we will see you in less than four years. You manage to get connected to internet, even with a cel phone. (yes via Infra red you can acess internet by a laptop if your Cel phone allows it, its faster than 56k)

We all wish you good luck to you man. When you return, we all going to receive you with open arms. No one will forget you mad jonesy

Good bye

Solid Salamander
20-09-2003, 10:45 AM
Goodbye MJ. You really are one of the best administrators I've seen for a while and that was one of the reasons I eventually was attracted to Sven Co-op. It just makes me sad to see you go but I'm sure you'll go far in life. I seriously can't believe so many good people are leaving the forums. *Breaks into uncontrollable tears*

Irregular Hunter
20-09-2003, 11:39 AM
good luck mate, and thanks for everything you done for us

JDW
20-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Bye. I bet you are gone now :\

Sph!nx
21-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Ack! Im always too late.

Well I salute you fellow svenco-opian.
Hope you will return in the hollidays with a bang!

Good luck ;)

Bowser
06-12-2003, 09:18 AM
your prolly gone but i dont give a shit. Bye.

60 Megabyte File
06-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Well thats nice Bowser.

Locking the thread because MJ's been gone for a long time. Anyone he wanted to say goodbye to he already has.