PDA

View Full Version : New animations

Mr. Zero
26-09-2003, 05:30 PM
If there are new animations for player models, does this mean that all of our custom player models that we have now are going to be useless in 3.0? I realize that this isn't really a big issue, but are they actually new animations added to the player models, or did they use coding to modify certain animations for the player model when it was holding a certain gun, like they used the MADWHACK system or something.

Panzerfaust
26-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Zero
If there are new animations for player models, does this mean that all of our custom player models that we have now are going to be useless in 3.0?

Yes

I realize that this isn't really a big issue, but are they actually new animations added to the player models, or did they use coding to modify certain animations for the player model when it was holding a certain gun, like they used the MADWHACK system or something.

Actual new animations

BurnOut64
26-09-2003, 05:50 PM
They will not be totaly useless. I've seen other players using models without the animations and they work fine most of the time.

RaNger2000
26-09-2003, 06:17 PM
I might very possibly be wrong, but I beleve that a program could be written that would decompile player models, add a set amount of SMDs (or replace) and then recompile the model, all automaticaly.

If that could be done, thne you just drop your favoret model in it, and pow, it works! as long as it uses the HLdefult sckeleton that is.

Mr. Chris
26-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Do remember some models have custom skeletons, such as that ugly purple thing, kermit and that big guy with a small guy on his shoulders...

DrZer0 the 2nd
26-09-2003, 07:34 PM
I just wonder, how f*cked up will a non converted model be?

Gobanzo Mon
26-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Actually I made a couple adjustments to make the gold uzis look right long before I heard about this. I also make the models shoot the guns a bit different, such as holding the crossbow up to your eyes, and the hive gun having kick back when you shoot it.

http://hlgobanzo.cjb.net the "Skeleton" model and "Agent" have it done to them. I made both out of their Valve counter parts. Improved the skeleton alot.

I think the old models that we use now will just be the exact same. In OpFor the multiplayer models held the sniper rifle with the crossbow animations. So players could import any HL DM model to work with OpFor DM. Probably the same with SvenCoop. I think only the valve models have the new skeletal animaitons added.

Freaking Neo
27-09-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Chris
Do remember some models have custom skeletons, such as that ugly purple thing, kermit and that big guy with a small guy on his shoulders...

They all work fine, kermit holds the sniper a bit funny, nothing important, its not like his body turns 180 degrees and upside down, with holding the gun backwards

Sniper
27-09-2003, 12:35 PM
We'll be converting a lot of the models to use the new animations, but we'll also be releasing the animation source.

¥AznKnight¥
27-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Cool, the new animations will look better will the crossbow have the same animations as the sniper rifle?

Mr. Zero
27-09-2003, 01:07 PM
As long as your releasing the source then I'll be happy as a fatman on prozac while eating icecream. I've been waiting for new uzi animations for awhile, it always looked weird when you have one uzi aiming down in third person but your shooting two uzis.

The only problem I think is that those PS2 models I have. I believe they have a completley different skeleton. So I'll end up having to animated them. :( Oh well, time to bust out my milkshape again. :)

Thanks for the info.

Gobanzo Mon
27-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Couldn't you just decompile the models with the new animations and place different meshes over them?

I made a couple fixed models for the uzi.. :-\