PDA

View Full Version : Gruntwars PACK!?!?!?

Ike_Brovlofski
02-11-2001, 10:31 AM
As you may know, i made the map Gruntwar.
but now i've found out on MG386's site that some1 has made a map pack with the name Gruntwars.
i think he has stolen the copyrights of my gruntwar map and my ideas.
The map has very simular things from my map, it also looks very "simpel".
i think he has to change the maps' names.

I also think that people will think i made those maps.

Nemesis6
02-11-2001, 12:09 PM
he didnt even ask.... he really should!!!

in case you dont know me.... (Darn no one read the gruntwar readme file...) i was the beta tester for gruntwar... from the start... and ever since i heard ikes : Lock the server when we play it ... : Dont give anyone this map.... :

i think hes dead serius about it !!

i am too!

KracKiwi
02-11-2001, 12:45 PM
well, the creator of the map pack obviously isn't, and can't change the name of it now, so i suggest you sit back, map, and don't worry about it.

~Krac

Undeadenemy
02-11-2001, 11:57 PM
MG386 really has a problem with asking about wiether or not people want their maps on his site. I used to think his site was ok, now its not even in english.

Ike_Brovlofski
03-11-2001, 06:50 AM
Well.. the problem is solved i think
MG386 has deleted the mappack from his site

btw. his site is english again

Undeadenemy
03-11-2001, 11:20 AM
Glad his site is in english, it really didn't make sense for it to be in French since the majority of SC players speak english.

Rampage
03-11-2001, 02:26 PM
The guy that stolen the gruntwar map for additional maps is NIPPER! His email is nipperproductions@hotmail.com . contact him about the gruntwar stealing! :mad:

MG386
03-11-2001, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Undeadenemy
Glad his site is in english, it really didn't make sense for it to be in French since the majority of SC players speak english.

It is only you playing on svencoop in all the world???
I think no, hein!!!!
Yes I know that you and most of the people speaking english on this mod, but it is not only ""English peoples"" who plays, no mister.... Other peoples, french or other language like to playing too!!! And I am in the category that people speak another language than english. I like this big mod Sven co-op and I think that I contribute for keeping the mod "alive" for a very longtime. That's why my site is bilingual, now I have a dynamic team who's helping me for the english part. So be a little bit more comprehensive...

My web site is like a TVpost...Change channel if you don't like it!!!! :rolleyes:

Undeadenemy
03-11-2001, 03:05 PM
Don't take it the wrong way, its just that I only see people speaking english on the fourms so english is the main language here. I'm not saying abandon everyone else, I'm just saying it didn't make sense for it to be ONLY in French.

NIPPER
03-11-2001, 04:02 PM
OOOoook I didnt steal the idea, i didnt even know there was a map called gruntwar :confused: Anyway the idea for a map where you fight grunts isnt very hard to think up. And whats this about stealing???? STEALING? how can u copyright grunt combat?

Ike_Brovlofski
03-11-2001, 05:21 PM
I thought that if you made a map it automaticly got a bit of copyright with it (i may be wrong)
but your map has the same name as mine.
and my map has an APC drinving through a wall and then grunts come with it, thats also in your map.
My map has something breaking with turrets behind it surprising you, that's also in your map.
And some other simular things.

Rampage
03-11-2001, 06:00 PM
Gruntwar has a thing when you destroy the power core, well the whole thing wont explode all at once! You have to run like mad to escape teh blast to live! Gruntwars dosent have a building to destroy. and you just need to keep away when the fuel explodes. also gruntwars pack has tanks but gruntwar dosent. and needless to say, gruntwars is a pack but gruntwar is a single map.

NIPPER
03-11-2001, 10:35 PM
Well I'm sorry but I never did play your map, anyway i can change the names if it is that important to you

Ike_Brovlofski
04-11-2001, 04:44 AM
Well... changing the name would be good.
but if you play my map, you will see it has much in commen.

Nomble
09-11-2001, 10:33 AM
... So? If I ever make a map it will be called Nomble.bsp or soemthing becurse if soemone else makes a map with teh name nomble I know that they stole the idea. but who the wants to name a map Nomble? Gruntwar.. can be HGruntwar?