PDA

View Full Version : hd shotgun bug

John845
25-12-2003, 10:16 PM
i installed the hd weapons from blue shift into half life ok?

so everything is fine i got all the new hd arms and what not but the shotgun in thirdperson still hasnt been updated.. it is still the old shotgun model. in first person the model is hd, when i drop the shotgun its hd, but when i carry it and i go into thirdperson mode its the old model also eveyrone else who i see carrying the shotty is the old model also...... could somone PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! tell me whats wrong

Raging_Wulf
26-12-2003, 05:47 AM
The model apparantly doesnt got its p_model, or the p_model fails to load. Did you download and install the HD pack update when you had the chance during the installation of Svencoop? The Svencoop Installation automatically detects that, and asks you if you want the update.

John845
26-12-2003, 02:56 PM
so i should install the hd pack BEFORE installing svencoop 3.0 right?

John845
26-12-2003, 04:10 PM
omfg i tryed everything WHY TEH FUCK WONT THE P model show or load!/!?1?!?!?!??!?!?!?1?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

John845
26-12-2003, 04:11 PM
and also were do i get this god forsaken hd pack update!?!?!

Raging_Wulf
26-12-2003, 04:44 PM
The Installation of Svencoop should pop up with a message saying it found out that you apparantly had the HD pack installed, and then ask if you want the update for it (and it'll also attempt to download and install it).

You could also see if you can find the update on the official site for Blue Shift, somewhere on Sierras site and see if you can find the update there.

Also, if nothing of the above works, you might want to try and extract all the stuff inside your pak1.pak file, and then copy the p_shotgun model or whatever its called, to svencoop\models.

Also, try not to triple post. Instead, edit your previous posts if noone else has posted after you posted.

Misfire
27-12-2003, 06:09 PM
my p model doesn't load either but i deal with it..

using a model pack

Offwhitepenguin
27-12-2003, 06:48 PM
i used packscape and just copied over the whole model, sprite, and sound directory from pak1.pak and it works fine, try that. and don't be stupid and make 3 rant posts in a row, thats how you get your thred DR'd

snark
27-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Mine doesn't work either. EDIT: deleted old HL to save space on disk, can't fix it using pakscape.

Offwhitepenguin
27-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by snark
Mine doesn't work either. EDIT: deleted old HL to save space on disk, can't fix it using pakscape.

your SOL. as far i know, copying over with pakscape has been the only proven effective method, unless someone wants to correct me.

Mr. Chris
27-12-2003, 10:03 PM
copy the HD p_shotgun.mdl to the Steam's SvenCoop/Models dir, worked like a charm for me.

Felix
28-12-2003, 02:39 PM
DONT, there are new models for w_grenade, p_shotgun and p_9mmhandgun

If you use other models that dont have the origins op the new, they will get misaligned a bit down, soo if you point up, it will point a bit down (10, 20 cm perhaps)

Mr. Chris
29-12-2003, 02:53 AM
The original p_ model that was with installer was the ORIGINAL shotgun from it's looks O.o

John845
30-12-2003, 04:38 PM
its freaking weird man i dont know whats causing this problem.. even on the new resident evil map the shotgun has a new model but it still is the OLD p_model and its getting quite anoying now