PDA

View Full Version : Full install won't open error

*L*E*O*N*
27-12-2003, 12:49 AM
I just got done downloading the full installer from ftp://svencoop.lunixmonster.org/svencoop30full.exe about 127MB or whatever and it tells me it's not a valid win32 program. Been downloading with download accelerator plus since it was released. Don't know what to do.

cscarlet
27-12-2003, 05:57 PM
turn off your download accelerator and download normally so it doesn't corrupt
it should be this size:
127 MB (133,807,120 bytes)

*L*E*O*N*
28-12-2003, 04:02 AM
I use DAP because I normally go at 2.5 KBPS, that doing it normally would be insane. I redownloaded it and got it working now. The problem was that on the first one I got unexpectedly disconnected. That messed up everything.

But I got a new problem. The installer says that C:\program files\steam\steamapps\whatever@ynk\half-life is not my halflife directory, and asks me if I really want to install there even though I just got done finishing getting steam and halflife 1120 downloaded. It then recommends I don't install.
What's wrong?

Now that I looked, there really is nothing in the halflife folder except the they hunger and opposing force modifications.
But I managed to run hl fine through steam. Help Needed.

Sniper
28-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Well if nothing is in the Half-Life folder for Steam, then that means its not installed.

*L*E*O*N*
28-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Went to that games list thing to install games and all the icons appear grey. Click on half life then it asks to convert hl files to cache or whatever and cleanup, or do the same but don't erase hl files from there normal directory at c:\sierra\half-life\. I chose the cleanup one. It did all that junk. Then I wanted to play that and it updated to 1120. Now it's the only icon in color. I can also play it. But there's nothing in the steam\steamapps\email@address\half-life\ directory.
Steam is fine, just it eats up all my memory.

*L*E*O*N*
29-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Somehow it worked now. Probably because I've shut my computer off since or something.