PDA

View Full Version : Decent when I can play it.

CkDead
27-12-2003, 11:03 PM
I was in awe when it was released. Then it all fell apart.

I can't play a good 5 minutes. It randomly freezes, crashes, exits, or just becomes shit.

Random missing files, sounds, models, and sprites appear randomly. I'm really mad I can't even play it. It doens't work over WON, Steam, or anything else. I'll be in the middle of attempting to join a server and it'll start downloading files I should have. I've re-installed it at lest twice and it still does the same shit.

I'm hoping that there is a repair patch soon, or at least something I can work with.

60 Megabyte File
27-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Try a full install?

(GIT)r-man
28-12-2003, 02:21 AM
disable firewall/AV before installing

CkDead
28-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Tried a full install. Same shit. Don't have a firewall.

NOLF
28-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Steam = major lag for me. Plays well on won servers, but not with steam.

Sniper
28-12-2003, 01:27 PM
What seems to be the problem, exactly?

If you're running adminmod or anything similar, that's your problem. I sent in the 3.0 entity list to Will Day, hopefully he'll get a new version up soon.

Make sure your drivers are up to date also.

CkDead
28-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Ok.

All of my video drivers are up to date.

I have tried a complete and full re-install over Steam AND Won and get the same problems. The worst problems include:

1.) Freeze and crash when creating server(pauses in console, illegal ops and crash to Windows). This is not the most important problem and can be dealt with on a piecemeal basis.

2.) Total freeze the instant I join a server. The first frame I get freezes. It isn't delay because I left it at this state, thinking it may be nodes building, but it stayed frozen for 6 hours, so I decided to Control Alt Delete it. This is frequent.

3.) Prompt and error-free straight exit to Windows. Random.

4.) On Steam, I get the error that I'm missing some kind of file. Ex: "Cannot continute without zero.wad". I checked and zero.wad was not corrupt and was in the right place. "Cannot continue without model spore.mdl", "Cannot continue without tongue.spr", and sometimes it starts to download sounds and models as if I do no have them.

5.) I also noticed if I get into a game, it freezes when I pick up or perfrom actions - like pushing buttons and picking up weapons.

Please help! I enjoy 3.0 and wish I could play it :(

Sniper
28-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Re-install, again.

CkDead
28-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by CkDead

I have tried a complete and full re-install over Steam AND Won and get the same problems.

It gave me the "Cannot continue without pitdronespit.mdl".

http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17827 Seems like that. Random missing models and files.

CkDead
29-12-2003, 03:09 PM
I have done a complete uninstall. Then I downloaded 2.0 Final Full, then 2.1 update, then 3.0 update. It just freezes now.

RefaelBA
29-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Did you install any custom maps\models?

CkDead
29-12-2003, 10:49 PM
I have re-installed for WON and it works great ;D

I played it all day...literally :O