PDA

View Full Version : please help

Boss123
30-12-2003, 10:33 AM
me and my little brother always play svencoop lan and we tried to install the hookmod yesterday. Ever since then whenever he tries to join my server he gets a "your cd key is already in use" message. we have been been using the same cd key eversince we got half life and all of the sudden we cant play together. any ideas? we tried deleting hook mod but it still didnt work. does anyone have any ideas???

Sheiwn2
30-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Are you 100% possitive that is LAN? Because, if it is, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Mr. Chris
30-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Hookmod, Entmod, Adminmod or any of those server addons don't work for Steam.

Also, do you and your brother have seperate Steam accounts and cd keys?

AFAIK, Steam LAN mod currently needs an internet connection to play, which will be resolved as soon as Valve gets off their butt and implements offline/LAN play. :rolleyes:

Sheiwn2
30-12-2003, 04:41 PM
You should say: They don't work for Listen Server's for Steam. :rolleyes:

Raging_Wulf
30-12-2003, 04:57 PM
the "your cdkey is already in use" is impossible to get on Steam. Why? Because they would need 2 of them in the first place in order to play with eachother, cause both of them has to be logged in to steam in order to play the darn game, this is WON they're talking about. about the problem: see if typing sv_lan 0 in the console adresses the problem. Also, make yourselves sure it is under LAN Games you are trying to start the Server, not Internet Games.

Sheiwn2
30-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Oh...well, they should have said so. :p

Boss123
30-12-2003, 09:32 PM
im not using steam

FierceDeityLink1
30-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Chris
Hookmod, Entmod, Adminmod or any of those server addons don't work for Steam.
They do, and on LAN/listen servers. Ent Mod will probably only work with VALVE_ID_LOOPBACK (loopback) set as WONID/STEAMID if communication to the master server is disabled.