PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me out?

Crucifier
03-01-2004, 12:02 AM
I need some help installing the high def pack into sven coop/halflife in steam. can someone help me?

NullExistence
03-01-2004, 01:11 AM
Get a utility that can open and extract from pak files. PakScape (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/50000/50620.shtml) seems to be popular. Make sure you've installed the high definition content from your Blue Shift CD, then find the pak file that contains the HD models. It should be the .pak file with the highest number in your valve folder (or, if you want the Blue Shift/Opposing Force hands, use the file in their folders). Then, extract all of the contents of the pak file to your valve directory in your steam installation. Models should go in \Steam\SteamApps\YourEmail\half-life\valve\models\. There should be 8 wavs which go in \valve\sound\hgrunt\ or \valve\sound\weapons\ (use the same directory structure that's in the pak file). The new sprites should go in \valve\sprites\. If any of these directories do not exist, you will need to create them. Also, the attack animations of the HD zombie model do not seem to work correctly in Sven, so you may want to either use the old one or look for a different replacement.

Crucifier
03-01-2004, 02:18 AM
thanks man