PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use all-seeing-eye?

Arioch
07-01-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm able to launch other mods using it to find servers, but for some reason when I try a SC3.0 server, it launches just plain ol' vanilla HL, with the orangish background, not SC's silver colored. When it tries connecting to the server, it detects that the client.dll isn't right and errors out.

ASE works with other mods, and I didn't have to do anything to set them up, what's the deal?

Raging_Wulf
07-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Im able to launch sc3.0 just fine with ASE when I've tried... on steam that is. Are you using WON or Steam?

Arioch
07-01-2004, 02:40 PM
WON. I know its gotta be something simple...

Raging_Wulf
07-01-2004, 03:48 PM
maybe they're not adding it in since WON is close to shut down anyway?

And besides, the in-game Server Browser seems good enough (have always been for me), at least for SC3.0, considering it doesnt have a sick amount of servers running like CS.

Oh, and when I connect to servers directly via console in WON, the game usually switches to the appropriate mod.

Arioch
07-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Raging_Wulf
maybe they're not adding it in since WON is close to shut down anyway?

No, it definately supports SC. It has an entry for it on the left, and it shows all the servers and everything. The column showing what map is playing is all red, which usually means ASE doesn't think you have that map, even though I do.

Originally posted by Raging_Wulf

And besides, the in-game Server Browser seems good enough (have always been for me), at least for SC3.0, considering it doesnt have a sick amount of servers running like CS.

Yeah, the ingame browser is fine, and there aren't a lot of servers to scan, I just like the features ASE has. I'll check on their forums and see how to configure it. I'm sure it just has to be pointed to the Sven directory or something...

WildTurkey
08-01-2004, 05:28 AM
i use WON & it's okay for me,as for the writing being orange i get this @ the start then it change's over to the silvery/blue colour,i put up with it as it only last's till the screen change's:)

Arioch
09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the help. I figured out the problem was my ASE was pointing to the half life folder I kept as a backup on another partition. Once I pointed to the partition I installed SC on it works fine and recognizes the maps I have as normal.