PDA

View Full Version : mouse/keyboard problem in large area

Puchi
08-01-2004, 07:51 PM
i have a "little" problem (sometimes) in large areas (stadium3, afrikakorps(3) for example).
suddenly i can`t do anything w/ keyboard and mouse and my SC repeats for an unsettled time the last action i`ve done; for example "fire", "move forward", "use" and so on.
navck told me to switch on the "mouse filter", i did and its still.
its since SC 3.0, never had such problems w/ 2.1 (even on the same videocard, or i played not long enough 2.1 w/ the erazor to find it out, but a friend of mine had an erazor too and no problems w/ HalfLife).

my pc:
AMD Duron 800
Elsa Erazor III
512mb SD-RAM Winows 2000

i'm using Low definition content and steam [EDIT] and OpenGL (ever used it)

h4mx0r
08-01-2004, 08:02 PM
that has happened to me only when I spawn... and very very VERY rarely... but more than twice...

eMTeG
09-01-2004, 10:36 AM
try d3d. i had a simmilar problem some time ago.

Ahura Mazda
09-01-2004, 04:37 PM
i had the same problem. look in you video setting under control panel, something like sync mouse/keyboard (not vsync) the video is being throttled to sync mouse movements.

Puchi
09-01-2004, 05:01 PM
mh, can you make a little screenshot if it?
i cannot find it :(

Ahura Mazda
09-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Darn the options not there anymore, I updated my video driver last month, they must have removed this option. Try updating your driver again. The option I used to have was under opengl setting and it said (sync video with mouse)
so what was happening it when I was in a large fight, my mouse would lag behind, fire late, move slow...

Originally posted by Puchiko
mh, can you make a little screenshot if it?
i cannot find it :(

Puchi
10-01-2004, 02:47 PM
while testing my new (old) hud i found out w/ D3D its more often than w/ openGL..
happens three times consecutively.....

Penfold
11-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Under task manager, is HL set at normal priority? I've had similar problems in other games when they were set above or below normal.