PDA

View Full Version : SC crashes when i try to host a game.

bloch
09-01-2004, 11:13 PM
well, i cant play SC 3 anymore!! i host games for me and some friends, this time, when i try to host a game an error appear and it send me to the desktop, i can host Counter strike, half life, or opposing force games, but i cant host for sven coop 3, and i dont know why cus i did some servers when i was runnin the old version of SC, plss, i need help!!

i tried reinstallin, uninstalling, damn, i dont know what to do!!

_Zom_
11-01-2004, 06:39 AM
I have a similair problem.

When I click "Start New Game" My comp freezes up, And I have to restart it.
I had this problem yesterday too, I reinstalled Sven Co-op 3.0 and then it worked fine... until today.

I have other maps than the original install brings, and some custom models.

Raging_Wulf
11-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Why dont you give us screenies of the errors? Would probably be helpful if we're gonna be able to help you out.

_Zom_
11-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Heh, hard to do since i have to restart my comp to be able to do anything...

I'm re-installing now and try without installing a modelpack and see if that helps.

nope, didn't work =/

Penfold
11-01-2004, 04:22 PM
Try this (http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18622). I was having similar problems, and this seems to have fixed it. (Hopefully this applies to your situation)

_Zom_
12-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Hmm... might work... Gonna try later. Or else I suspect my windows, I have a AMD Athlon™ XP 1800+, 1678MHz and Windows XP pro and it crashed when i opened a folder, and then crashed after I rebooted =/

Penfold
13-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Tried it yet? Did it help?

_Zom_
14-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Feck, forgot about it.

Heh, can't really figure out exactly what you did, did you change maxplayers in the valve folder?

still odd... worked before, then just one day didn't work anymore =/

Penfold
14-01-2004, 05:44 PM
No, I used the Sven Coop 3.0 interface.

From the main menu:
Click:
Play Sven Coop,
LAN Game>
Create Game>

Then enter your player count in the "Max Players" box.

Now, click Advanced Options and enter that same number in the #Valve_Max_Players box, and also check LAN game if you're not going to play on the internet. Then click Done, select a map, and launch the game.

_Zom_
15-01-2004, 07:57 AM
Aha, got to me now, Only read the first part :D

Anyhow, the game freezes the moment i press play sven co-op, the menu don't even get finished... But I have noticed that some files, whenever in the same folder as them, fucks up my comp... Can't remove them niether =/