PDA

View Full Version : constant connection problems

SykoPath1K
12-01-2004, 04:26 PM
this has been happening almost everytime i play..within a few minutes or longer i get a connection problem and am disconnected from the server..or i get some overflow error and am disconnected....i havve a very good computer and like the best internet connection in the united states lol(optimum online)..it cant be my computer....i dunno..any ideas?

Ahura Mazda
12-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Need more info.

steam or won?

What connection errors do you get?

As far as testing your side, Run tracert from aa dos cmdline
try it throughout the day and see if you have a local node responding beyond ~500ms check dslreports.com and try their
line test program as well.

IN game change your RATE, CL_cmdrate and CL_updaterate
and see if that helps any.

Sorry, can't help you with steam.

cscarlet
12-01-2004, 04:59 PM
use net_graph 2 and tell me what your choke and loss stays around about

thrillseeker
14-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Hello i got some connection problems too like: timeouts and from 0 to 10 loss and about 3 choke

I have an adsl router and it shows sometimes as many as +-100 crc errors and about 39 errored seconds

SNR Margin (downstream)23.5 (upstream)25.0 dB
Line Attenuation 35.4 18.0 dB
MTU : 1492

can i maybe fix this somehow?

btw the connection speed is 4 mbit down and 512 kbit up with no guaranteed speeds.

cscarlet
14-01-2004, 02:48 PM
what is your rate, cmd_updaterate and cmd_rate values

SykoPath1K
15-01-2004, 07:22 AM
(an update on my problem not anyone elses)me and my friend discovered that its most likely a memory problem because i get program crashes left and right in games/apps and its always the same. either that or when i installed xp i did somthing wrong..so ...wish my luck :eek: