PDA

View Full Version : Option Menu has disappeared?!

ginch
22-01-2004, 06:12 PM
After installing the shooter2.exe map pack, I started up sven coop and entered the options menu. There were no key bindings in the menu at all. I cannot change any key bindings from this menu either... the window is completely blank!

It seems that the shooter2 map pack installed it's own config.cfg file on top of mine. I took my own from a /tfc installation and redid a couple bindings and put that in the sven coop directory to see if it would solve the problem... nope!

Has anyone seen this occur? Any ideas on how to fix it without reinstalling everything?

Can you tell me what to bind for calling a medic (for those maps where the friendly med's will come heal you)

Thanks!

WoadRaider
23-01-2004, 02:50 AM
from my experience, and what i've heard others say about it, that shooter2.exe file is more than just a mappack. it seems to also overwrite many other important files, so i think your best bet on fixing the problems it causes is to reinstall.

and probably the best way to get the maps from that, if you want them, it to install the file to a completely separate location, then copying everything from the maps folder there, to your actual installation.

i'm not even sure if there is a way to fix without reinstalling, i'm guessing not. correct me if/where i'm wrong on this

_Zom_
29-01-2004, 08:01 AM
It may have deleted the commandmenu.txt, look for it in the sven co-op folder, if not htere, contact me and i can send you mine (I edited the old one, though not completley finished:) )

The bind for teh medic alert is simply medic. Ex.

bind z "medic"

or in the config.cfg,

bind "z" "medic"

ginch
29-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Hmm.. i have the commandmenu.txt file in there, but maybe there's a character that's buggering it up? I won't bother posting the txt on here lol.. way too big. But if you could send me yours so I could test out, I'd really appreciate it.

ginch@hotmail.com

It's weird.. i just don't understand it. I mean.. I can get into the options menu, but there are no options to choose from.. I wonder if I can do a screen grab of it... I'll give it a shot later.

Thanks!

ginch
29-01-2004, 11:48 PM
_Zom_ thanks for the files.. I tried them out but they didn't work either. :(

I did however, find the solution to the problem.

When you install Shooter's map pack, a bunch of other files gets thrown in your sven installation in an attempt to make the menus look all 'nicey-nicey, pretty-pretty'... ie: when you highlight a menu option, it will turn blue or something.

Browse to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<Your@email.address>\half-life\svencoop\gfx

You will find a folder called '\Shell'. Rename the folder to Shellbackup (just in case you may need the files in there at a later date). Run SvenCoop and Voila! Option Menu has reappeared.

In any case, Zom, what does that commandmenu.txt file do anyway? And how would a user bring up the menu in game?

Cheers! :D

_Zom_
30-01-2004, 08:31 AM
you type

bind "c" "+commandmenu"

in the config.cfg to make it pop up in game (like the original menu, or like the one in tfc) and there you can make much choises, like gibs, models, commands, motd, messages and etc.

I found the original didn't fill out my needs :D
so i changed it to my needs, and thats the one i sent ginch.
Since i use some custom models, i added a new model menu, and some new messages, and added a changelevel menu for a server owner (only works on listen server, cos of the commands). And to make it fit good, i removed some commands that i never used. But as said, its just an improvement of the original menu.

I might change the changelevel menu so it works with dedicated server (like rcon_changelevel or admin/amx mod or something) later.

Sniper
30-01-2004, 10:36 AM
You're best off just doing a reinstall as someone else mentioned.

squareiis
13-02-2004, 04:24 PM
can you post a link t modded commandmenu?

_Zom_
14-02-2004, 04:13 PM
No, Because it's not supposed to be brought to public life :)

You can edit your own by opening the commandmenu and read what it says.