PDA

View Full Version : Steam problem

Simian
28-01-2004, 06:37 PM
When I play SC on Steam none of the friendly grunts will speak to me. I use them and they don't say anything or even move their mouths but they will still follow me.
Anyone know why this might be happening?
They talk fine when I'm on a WON server.

Rugal
28-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Turn your speakers on?

Simian
29-01-2004, 03:35 PM
This is bizarre. Not only do the grunts not speak but the Barneys talk like scientists..
Also, everything is fine if I make my own server, its only messed up on other peoples.

Synchro!
01-02-2004, 03:49 PM
i dont know if this is a bug...
Played on goannas sc server on steam, and the same happens too me, i thought goanna got modificated sounds, cuz alienslaves speak like scientists etc.:wtf: It only happend to me once playin toxic_surface5-1

Solid Salamander
01-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Simian
This is bizarre. Not only do the grunts not speak but the Barneys talk like scientists..
Also, everything is fine if I make my own server, its only messed up on other peoples.
Ah, I think I know what's wrong. Have you edited your sentences.txt(or sentence.txt, I know it's one of the two) file? I had edited mine once and it caused scientists to speak like barneys and vice versa. It also caused Otis to sound like a hgrunt. What I would suggest is going back to the original sentences. If you can't find them, I suppose I could attach them here.

SharkMan
01-02-2004, 06:27 PM
there is a file in the sc directory for this, it automagickally fixes the sentences when you transfer the WON version over to steam; its cause by steam using more sounds than won, so the sentences get messed up for some reason.

Simian
03-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks SharkMan. Found the file and it sorted it.