PDA

View Full Version : argo with hl in steam

cscarlet
03-02-2004, 03:46 PM
ok updated my ati drivers to the latest version after some faffing about with the crap installer, afterwards found I was unable to play Half Life within steam but on WON I could. Basically I went into half life I would see the background and that would be it, but if I alt tabbed out and back in it would (although 7 times out of 10 it would just lock up). I decided to change the gfx mode to Direct 3D, it worked but it appeared the sound was rubbish and graphics lagged like hell which I was not having. Reinstalled Direct X but no luck, attempted to downgrade the gfx drivers but XP wasn't having any of it and it wouldn't me install standard PCI VGA Drivers, reinstalled my audigy drivers and pulled most of my hair out.

Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong as I really cba to format and I know ur all gonna call me a n00b so :P

cscarlet
04-02-2004, 04:07 PM
well i can gladly say either none of u understood my writing as i was mashing the keyboard at the time or your all useless

Mr. Chris
04-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I dunno what to say, but this lockup was happenning with OpenGL as well?

cscarlet
05-02-2004, 02:51 PM
yeah and software mode, my WON version of HL works fine but steam craps up every chance it gets, managed to downgrade my drivers did bugger all except re-enable that stupid program in my taskbar and popup stupid help files on startup

_Zom_
05-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Tried reinstalling Steam or Sven Co-op?