PDA

View Full Version : Parsing Error?

Cheez
15-02-2004, 12:11 AM
While I get no error message from this, when trying to join a sven coop server through steam, it begins connecting and just freezes at "Parsing Server Info" (or something with Parsing in it). It completely locks up my computer and I have to turn off my computer manually =\. I quit Sven a bit ago because it stopped working ,figured since 3.0 is out...and steam, maybe it would work now, I guess not. Would appreciate any help.

_Zom_
15-02-2004, 06:51 AM
How long did you wait before restarting your computer? Did you try to reinstall Sven Co-op? Do you have any custom material in Sven Co-op (Like models, sounds, maps etc.)? Does any other game work?

Cheez
15-02-2004, 01:14 PM
All my other mods work, I have not tried reinstalling Svencoop (will after this), I have no custom things in it, and about a minute maybe between restarting.

_Zom_
15-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Ok, If the reinstall does not work, Try waiting a little longer.

Cheez
15-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Neither worked....redownloaded and reinstalled....waited longer before restarting...same thing, though it doesn't always do the exact thing it always happens when parsing server info. It will either give me a HL error, freeze my computer up completely, or just crash to desktop. Please help =\ I'm beginning to think Sven just hates me for some reason.

Cheez
16-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Problem fixed. It was the most stupidest thing in the word. Something with the mp3.txt was screwing up my sven coop. I was loading from my kazaa & morpheus directory and it fux'd it up, whereas before I had nothing in it and the game worked fine. So I put in my kazaa directory (which had less files) and it works now. I'm guessing it has to do with the size of it?