PDA

View Full Version : Can't see game on server

joejoejoe
16-02-2004, 12:29 PM
I am running windows xp pro, Sven Co-op 3.0 and Half Life 1.1.1.0

I have a problem when playing LAN games. If I host the game all the other players can see me and we can play a nice little game. However, if one of them hosts the game then I am unable to see it in the list when I click on LAN game. However, they can all see it and can play away, leaving me rather frustrated.

5 computers are networked with a Linksys Router and a Linksys 5 port switch, and I do not have a firewall enabled. I'm tearing my hair out here, I do not have a clue why I can't see the game but everybody else can. We are all running the same version of the game & patch.

Any ideas...?

Sgt Wilko
17-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey m8,
That happened to me too... Firstly, r u sure that the network is working on BOTH sides (eg both sending/reciving stuff) the networking is the problem 90% of the time, u will just have to play around with it really, If not, just check if u can see it in the online section, i know it sounds odd but sometimes its like that...
Also check any filters, i think that it can have an effect... Also (nearly finished :P) check ur (steam/won) SC settings....

If that dont work, pm me and ill ask a few ppl i know k...

Ahura Mazda
17-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Are you able to ping the other computer that is hosting the game? If you can, you are reaching it, so its the browser or something locking the port. check the router and the switch
do a quick DMZ or open 27015.