PDA

View Full Version : installation errors

richei
16-02-2004, 07:57 PM
I've got a quick installation problem and i've searched through the forums here, but i haven't found anything close or i've missed it.

but anyways, here's the problem.

i downloaded the 3.0 full install and checked the size, it's the proper size. but when i go to install it, it says that it doesn't have enough space on the c drive, which is strange becuase i'm not installing it on that drive. after i hit ok to continue, it finds the right location on my d drive, but about half way through, it gives me another c drive space error.

Well scratch that, I was going through the install again, taking some pics for examples and got the same errors, but this time i didn't check the high res content and it went through all the way. The 3rd c drive space error happens when you put the checkmark for the high res content.

i've uploaded a couple of pictures (zipped) to show you what i'm talking about if needed.

Purple Monkey
17-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Installers usually extract files to a temp directory (by default C:/windows/temp) then copy them over to the destination directory, as such you requie space on c: to install anything.

Have you go enough space on C: to install to that? If not then that may be your problem.

richei
17-02-2004, 03:30 PM
well that would explain it.

it would probably explain why i can't download anything too.

thanks