PDA

View Full Version : HD pack

Big_Davo
05-03-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but i just recently got broadband and been playing Sven coop steam (so much fun)
but i can't install the High Definition pack onto the steam games, e.g. sven, half life, opposing force etc.
can someone plz tell me how.
thanx

chapstick
05-03-2004, 10:34 PM
I dont think you can. The High Def pack was shipped with Blue Shift, And Steam doesn't even support Blue Shift. Therefore there is no support for the High Def pack through Steam (Read that on the Steam forums).

Sven 3.0 contains some of the High Def models though (headcrabs, Gnomes).

[kk]Guardian-tpf-
06-03-2004, 01:50 AM
ok this is how you use the blueshift hd pack. First you're going to need the won version of half-life installed. Than install the blue-shift hd pack to it. Look for a new pak file in your half-life/valve folder. Use pakexplorer to open it. The pak should contain all hd models. Just extract the models and place them in the proper folder in your steam halflife. I'm not sure but i think its in a pak2.pak file.

Big_Davo
06-03-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by [kk]Guardian-tpf-
ok this is how you use the blueshift hd pack. First you're going to need the won version of half-life installed. Than install the blue-shift hd pack to it. Look for a new pak file in your half-life/valve folder. Use pakexplorer to open it. The pak should contain all hd models. Just extract the models and place them in the proper folder in your steam halflife. I'm not sure but i think its in a pak2.pak file.

where can i get pakexplorer???

cscarlet
06-03-2004, 04:22 AM
google is your friend