PDA

View Full Version : Constant Crash problems.

RatMan
12-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Hello Guys, I sure hope I am in the right place.
There seems to be a problem and I am not sure if it is me or the program. While in the middle of playing any particular map in sven co-op I always freeze up and the system crashes, It is not my computer because everything else works ,Am I missing something,
or do I need to change something in my configuration. Thanks on advance for all the help I can get. RatMan

cscarlet
12-03-2004, 07:00 PM
specs?

RatMan
12-03-2004, 08:03 PM
I am sorry , I do not understand what you are asking for when you say specs . I am a dumbass, could you please tell me what it is that you need from me and I will get them as soon as possable.

Ahura Mazda
12-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Specs= system specifications

1) CPU
2) OS Operating system
3) Memory amount
4) Video Card
5) Opend Gl or D3d rendering
6) is this single or mutilplayer

When you say crash, are you able to get back to desktop
or do you need to restart computer, any erorr messages?

If you run xp, go to control panel, admin tools, event viewer
and see if you have any errors related to Halflife.

I would suggest updating your video and sound card drivers first.

RatMan
12-03-2004, 08:55 PM
ok I understand now , well to start off ,I have all the most recent drivers to my vidio card and sound card ,So thats not it. My other info is as follows:
CPU . Hewlett Packard desktop computer with 2.6 gigs
OS . windows XP
Memory . 512 mb
Vidio card. Nvidia Gforce440 AVP ,AGP
open GL or D3D . openGL
mp or sp. Multiplayer.

When it crashes ,the game freezez up and I need to exit the game , I can however go back to my desktop. and I can re-enter
the game but I have to start over again ,But thats not a problem
I think I have the latest updates because I have SteaM set to do the updates automatically. Is there anything else you need to know that might help? Oh by the way : Thanks for the info.:D

Ahura Mazda
12-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Okay, well I have to step down if the issues is steam related since I don't run steam.

I'm sure others will be along with some advice. Instead of spinning your wheels, you may want to do a new install
and see if that helps.

RatMan
12-03-2004, 09:19 PM
ok well thanks anyways , you were a big help , now I won't look so stupid when someone ask me specs ,lol , oh and I added you to my buddy list if you don't mind .:D

cscarlet
12-03-2004, 09:33 PM
For your geforce card have you installed the drivers on a disc given by your graphics card manufacturer or has windows installed its own drivers for your geforce 4 graphics card?

RatMan
13-03-2004, 10:25 AM
When I first installed the vidio card I used the disk, However since then I have done more recent updates from windows update and through Nvidia. RatMan

cscarlet
13-03-2004, 02:52 PM
right well you want the NVIDIA one, try reinstalling the nvidia drivers or seeing if a new version of it is available, you may want to check your BIOS settings, try taking fast writes off and see if that helps stability at all

RatMan
13-03-2004, 03:08 PM
ok ,I'll give that a try and see what happends.

RatMan
14-03-2004, 06:42 PM
well after reconfiguring a few things in my systems area to do with the vidio card I think I my have fixed the problem, thus so far all is running smoothly, SO Far......RatMan
P.S. Thanks to all for the Help...:cool: