PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With RE Map Install

WolfsLoveRage
18-03-2004, 03:02 PM
I guess this is the right forum for this subject. I down loaded the map pack from the Seven Cop site. Then I tried to save it to my SIERRA\Half-Life folder and then thru my steam folder and yet I can not see re1 when I try to start a game. Why is this? I even tried saving the RE pack into 5 different folders and I even see the RE map pack in my half life seven cop map folder, but when I get in the game (Which is automaticly steam) it does not show re1.. just one "r" map, which is "rampant". How can I fix this. I am computer illiterate so please be specific when answering. Thank you all for your time and patience.

cscarlet
18-03-2004, 03:05 PM
erm goto where you saved the file and run it and it will install RE1 for you

WolfsLoveRage
18-03-2004, 03:08 PM
I did install it. That is what I meant, I installed it about 5 different places. Question is where should I install it exactly?

tsy_4
19-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Steam doesnt list maps alphibeticaly.

cscarlet
19-03-2004, 11:31 AM
install the file to c:\sierra\half-life\ (if that is where your half life currently is)

WolfsLoveRage
19-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Ok I have it working now for both WON and STEAM... I had to email the man him self, the maker of the mod. Strange thing is that the first few times if I tried to go thru a door in the mansion (Other than the initial big double doors.) the game would freeze and crash. It did it in both WON and STEAM servers. It might have been only when I created a game though. It happened when I was by my self and when some one else came in to play. How ever, when I went on some one else's server I could walk thru doors fine and then even after I started my own game I could go thru doors... why is this? Thank you for all who tried to help. Take Care.