PDA

View Full Version : Non-Steam SC Doesnt work!

Shadowclaw
18-03-2004, 09:46 PM
I downloaded the SC 3.0 full install and installed it 3 times and it does not work! Im guessing theres only one install that installs normally in the HL folder or into Steam, since I dont see a non-steam download anywhere. I would like to make a map but Steam (which actually does work) doesnt work with Hammer........ *ugh* In fact I was just over at the steam message board and this guy said hes been to lots of message boards and has searched everywhere. He even talked to some mapping pros who all say they dont bother with steam.

This is really agrivating.

Its the same thing every time I try to start a map on the Non-Steam SC, it crashes and exits to windows. No warning message, just crash and I get booted out of SC. I have no idea what the heck could possibly be causing this. I just reformatted my PC and did a fresh install of Win 98 so theres nothing up with my system as far as I can tell anyway.

Can someone please help me out here? Ive had it with steam. I just want to make a normal map for the normal SC.

PLEASE! Someone help me!

Shadowclaw
19-03-2004, 01:00 AM
No one can help me!! *sniff sniff* http://home.comcast.net/~shadowsofgotham/Emoticons/cry.gif

Puchi
19-03-2004, 07:59 AM
wait at least 24 hours instead of 3 for an answer....
after 2 month and no reply you can be sure, that noone likes you :D :p

cscarlet
19-03-2004, 08:25 AM
the installer does have an option to install elsewhere, just goto the destination folder c:\sierra\half-life and install there

Shadowclaw
19-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Thats what I did...... 3 times. All it does it crash, crash, crash.

Corporal Calhoun
19-03-2004, 12:56 PM
It works for me so obviously the installation file you downloaded is corrupt, or your Half-Life version is out of date

I suggest you redownload the installer from another site

cscarlet
21-03-2004, 07:56 AM
what version of half life are you running for WON?