PDA

View Full Version : This is getting ANNOYING.... -_-

>*DAMIEN*<
29-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Ok... I installed Sven Co-op in the halflife directory as told. Well... besides NOT having any servers.. I found about two, I tried a STEAM 3.0 server FIRST. Besides the fact that there is no Sven Co-op TAB for Gamespy or Steam it seems.. I go to servers, then add a 3.0 steam server. It is there. 2 people there.. goody... so I try connecting and I get this:

>*DAMIEN*<
29-03-2004, 05:29 PM
ok.. so now I try a non-steam 3.0 server... and it says that my protocol differs from the server.

CAN SOMEONE HELP MEEEE?!!

Corporal Calhoun
29-03-2004, 06:55 PM
that means that your game DLL is different than the one the server is being run on,

FOR WON:
update Half-Life to fix this and if you already have redownload the update from another location and install the update

for Sven Co-op download the full installer for 3.0 and install it to your WON HL directory (C:/Half-Life/, C:/SIERRA/Half-Life/)

FOR STEAM:
reinstall Sven Co-op from full installer file from another location, if that doesn't work reinstall Steam and then install Sven Co-op

>*DAMIEN*<
29-03-2004, 08:00 PM
....? Update halflife?.... you mean the 1.1.1.0 patch that is already there? And has been there for years? Im confused.

Corporal Calhoun
30-03-2004, 01:15 AM
that error message means your DLL is not the same as the server's which means your game version is out dated and you must update to play, if you've already updated download the patch again from another location and make sure it's the full version then update

Sniper
30-03-2004, 04:19 AM
Looks like your installation was borked. Try again. The image you've shown us is the menu background for regular half-life. It clearly shows that Sven Co-op wasn't installed properly.

>*DAMIEN*<
30-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Ok this might be why. Ever since I got steam I have had it in C:ProgramFiles/Steam (etc) and I have HALFLIFE in the C:Sierra/Half-Life. The Sven Co-op folder is obviously C:Sierra/Half-Life/SvenCoop. Should STEAM have been in a different folder or something?

WildTurkey
30-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Install svencoop to this position:)

Steam>SteamApps>Your Own Email Address>halflife this is whr u install svencoop:)

remember that it is ur own email address:D

>*DAMIEN*<
30-03-2004, 02:38 PM
It says that if I do that, bad bad things will happen. Thats not my ORIGINAL halflife folder.... are you sure I should put it there?

>*DAMIEN*<
30-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Sorry for double post. I reinstalled steam, then sven coop (back in the C:Sierra/Halflife folder where it was when I FIRST made this post) and apparently when I reinstalled steam.. it killed my HALFLIFE files in SteamApps.... Steamapps has this:

Elevator_Dude
31-03-2004, 09:09 AM
same fricking thing for me..just run half-life from steam , and there will be a half-life folder created...anyone got the new .dlls?
IT so SHARE IT!!! like an ftp would be nice...over and out,
elevator dude:D

One Eyed Newt
31-03-2004, 11:01 AM
anyone got the new .dlls?
Yes, they are included in the 3.0 release :rolleyes:

>*DAMIEN*<
31-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Alright Sven Coop works for steam now. Hurray! :D

BUT it says Sven coop is not installed for non-steam halflife. Does this mean I should now install sven coop AGAIN but this time in the C:Sierra/Halflife folder?

Thanks.

Elevator_Dude
31-03-2004, 02:48 PM
And yes i got the .dlls but the out-of-dated ones =/.
Please send eM!!

One Eyed Newt
31-03-2004, 03:48 PM
If you have the out of date dlls then the rest of the files will also be out of date, so download SC 3.0

BUT it says Sven coop is not installed for non-steam halflife. Does this mean I should now install sven coop AGAIN but this time in the C:Sierra/Halflife folder?
Only if you want to play it on both Steam and WON

WildTurkey
31-03-2004, 04:52 PM
right then copy & paste ur halflife folder into the following it wont cause any problems as i have mine set up that way,i use my original halflife as a back-up:)

go into ur sierra folder find the folder named halflife right click this go to copy then highlight it by clicking copy,move this entire folder into this position:

Programs>Steam>SteamApps>The folder that has ur email address on it>this is whr the folder goes:)

if u dont have the email address folder,then fire up Steam go to any online Steam server running svencoop,then the next time u go into SteamApps ur email folder will be here,as Steam take's over as the default instead of WON,all ur halflife mods will install in here,by them selve's or by u putting them here:)

if u want more info i suggest u go into the Steam forums,as player's in there can go into the depth as to why the folder is named after ur email address as i don't know that answer:cool:

Elevator_Dude
01-04-2004, 08:47 AM
man thats hard work to just play =O
So i uninstall svencoop and paste my hl folder from 1.1.1.0 to steam, and reinstall?
(and of course I will take away the folder manually)

One Eyed Newt
01-04-2004, 08:54 AM
Just install it to your \Steam\SteamApps\email-address\half-life

That should be the default directory when you install anyway. No need to install to WON and copy and paste

Elevator_Dude
01-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Its all fixed guys...thank you for supporting me!!! =P