PDA

View Full Version : [Hgrunt] New grunt heads

Aurora
21-04-2004, 12:22 PM
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jjmail/pics/heads.jpg

Not really made from scratch, but edited from various models from HL and OpFor. All heads work by using the different weapon settings for the normal human grunt. HL randomizes white/black head for some...

Download (http://koti.mbnet.fi/jjmail/half-life/models/hgrunt_heads.zip)

EDIT - working link: http://goannasvencoop.com/jj45/models/custom_hgrunt.zip

Delta|Cpt.Terran
21-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Very nice! I'll just swap the heads onto another hgrunt model.

Why isn't this in the Model Showcase, anyway?

The_6th_Monkey
21-04-2004, 03:09 PM
why would we use these if we have sd models :p

Makes some for sd models :D

Tuesday's Avenger
21-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Sweet! I've always liked the oldschool HL grunts better than the HD/SD ones, so i'm definitely gonna be using theses.

(Probably should be in the model showcase, tho)

Mugsy2002
21-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Ill just be waitin for another poseter to complain about "OMG THIS DOSNT USE SD MODELS OLOL"

for those who do do it (im not naming people, you already know them) you do not know the meaning of Old school.

Aurora
22-04-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by The_6th_Monkey
why would we use these if we have sd models :p

Makes some for sd models :D

Cause SD models faces suck. And people have different tastes. And I like the original HL stuff. Besides, at least everything is the same quality then... And most custom models and LD in maps so it would look wierd having a SD grunt with everything else LD. SO I PREFER LD.

I will MAYBE, I repeat, MAY BE, make HD versions. But not SD.

The-Real-Game
22-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Moved to model showcase.
Nice models by the way.

Irregular Hunter
22-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by JJ45

Cause SD models faces suck. And people have different tastes. And I like the original HL stuff. Besides, at least everything is the same quality then... And most custom models and LD in maps so it would look wierd having a SD grunt with everything else LD. SO I PREFER LD.

I will MAYBE, I repeat, MAY BE, make HD versions. But not SD.

I agree, people do have different tastes. And this is totally old skool, which makes it cool. I mean....after reading a few posts I notice the same 'OMFGGHFH!!1111 W3 n33d SD models'
Dude.....don't pressure modellers or skinners, it's up to them to make them LD, HD or SD...or EHD.

Anyway JJ45 that's some cool grunt heads, planning on making some more?

Tuesday's Avenger
22-04-2004, 01:20 PM
just be sure not to turn it around and attack those who demand SD models... after all, it's all in your tastes.

SWAT
22-04-2004, 08:02 PM
I wouldin't bitch about it because there already somthing like this in SD.

Aurora
22-04-2004, 10:36 PM
More heads? Hmm, sure. I could attempt to make another set.:hgrunt: :hgrunt: :hgrunt: :hgrunt:

bmôôre
23-04-2004, 04:03 PM
I give it a 3/10, because its low-def and i cant stand that shit. Half-Life is a high quality 3d game and I cant believe you all prefer these sucky ass LD models over high-def models, its sad. and fuck old school, seriously if you want old school go play Doom or something

Tuesday's Avenger
23-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by bmôôre
I give it a 3/10, because its low-def and i cant stand that shit. Half-Life is a high quality 3d game and I cant believe you all prefer these sucky ass LD models over high-def models, its sad. and fuck old school, seriously if you want old school go play Doom or something

If you don't like them, don't use them and dont insult someone elses work just because it doesn't fit your tastes.

Mugsy2002
23-04-2004, 05:00 PM

Next Generation SD models suck ass (they dont fit in such a game like this to me). but thats my opininon, so also in my opininon, Old school is good, and fuck your opinion.

by the way, has it ever occured to you that Half-life was released in 98, Doom in 96? fuck it, you'll never understand.

bmôôre
23-04-2004, 08:38 PM
man whatever i dont give a fuck if you all like those nasty ass low def models haha and fuck old school that shit is gay as hell too. and for those of you saying SD models suck, man wtf have you been smoking look at the low def models that you all like, now thats what sucks ass

Sushi
23-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Excellent Effort.

Panzerfaust
23-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Bmoore, you're white, stop that.

People can use whatever models they choose, if they want LD models, they can have em, just because you don't like them doesn't mean they suck.

Coming into a thread and saying "OMG LOL THEY SUCK BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE HIGH POLYCOUNTS 3/10!!!" makes you look really stupid. Cut it out.

OnT: Nice, excellent work jj45

The-Real-Game
24-04-2004, 07:46 AM
man whatever i dont give a fuck if you all like those nasty ass low def models haha and fuck old school that shit is gay as hell too. and for those of you saying SD models suck, man wtf have you been smoking look at the low def models that you all like, now thats what sucks ass

If you really can't learn to accept that everyone has an opinion don't bother posting at all. And cut the excessive foul language too.

2 day ban for you.

ps. apologies for this happening in your thread JJ.

Mugsy2002
24-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by The-Real-Game

If you really can't learn to accept that everyone has an opinion don't bother posting at all. And cut the excessive foul language too.

2 day ban for you.

ps. apologies for this happening in your thread JJ.

thank you... it's time something was done, he has been harrasing countless models that did not involve "SUPAR DEFANATION MODELS LOL"

Irregular Hunter
25-04-2004, 04:47 AM
I agree, he has been giving unfair ratings towards models recently. I think the 2 day ban is quite sutiable for him, I actually have to appologise myself as it would be us HIT guy's fault too for actually getting him in the 'SD craze'

So I also appologise JJ45, carry on with the models in peace my friend.

Aurora
28-04-2004, 02:37 AM

LOL I guess you give Half-Life a 3/10 cause it's maps are low def. I'll give high definition a 0/10. Haha.

And thanks for the comments... I'll make another set.

¥AznKnight¥
19-05-2004, 10:26 PM
May I have permission to use your heads for a grunt I am putting together? Also if there is a easier way to contact you PM me and tell me your SNs I would like to speak with you.

Aurora
20-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Email: aurorafinn@gmail.com

smijleader
15-09-2004, 09:41 PM
nice model im using those like theses better then the old ones faces

Jedscar
09-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Damn! these rock! finnally some poeple who like the old school. i thought i was the only one

cyberdaemon
10-04-2005, 08:12 AM
cool models.just asking - does us army has uniforms like that ?

i have something in my mouth

can you tell me the secret , whats in your avatar characters (maybe you ) mouth

Sph!nx
10-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Nice one JJ45, gives some variation !!

Old skool roxorz !!

Aurora
17-04-2005, 07:19 AM
cool models.just asking - does us army has uniforms like that ?

can you tell me the secret , whats in your avatar characters (maybe you ) mouth

You mean the cap? Yeah, USA has them. Though they don't use them in combat... But neither do they use berets :D it's just stylish.

Alerman
05-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Link outdated, it don't downloading... May anyone to give me new link?

Monogrox
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I cant see the images...

Alerman
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I cant see the images...
I cant see them too, but it worse that we cant download model... Anyone who've downloaded this model before, can you upload it on www.filefront.com?

Tuesday's Avenger
05-10-2007, 01:15 AM
bump, id love to get these back up so i can download them

Aurora
17-04-2008, 12:32 PM
http://goannasvencoop.com/jj45/models/custom_hgrunt.zip

There you go.

Alerman
22-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Hoh... well... or not well. I thout that it model with faces, that looks as in op4. In adition i had "translation problems". I'm know english language only on basic level.

Alerman
26-05-2008, 10:14 AM
JJ45 may i use some skins of this model in my own project? If you are still having sources of this model, may you give me face in black mask?

And what i shood write in titles? No any text file in zip file.

MetroCop
24-04-2009, 11:25 PM
This model is pretty good, 8/10 for this one. The thing is, you sort of forgot the black arms. I've had this same problem myself, I'm not sure how to fix it.