PDA

View Full Version : Argghh... stupid WC

Lord Booga
18-11-2001, 09:23 PM
Everytime i save my map - a trigger_once that i set up, reverts to a normal brush, for no reason!

Why!?!?!?!?

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
18-11-2001, 10:45 PM
well as we call this in the techinall term, reverse windows engineering annoyance factor, rweaf.. RW EAF for short. things go back to noral for NO reason in wat so ever place and noone can explain it.. MICROSOFT, GRRRRRR DAT MAKES ME MAD!!

Rune "Viking"
19-11-2001, 11:38 AM
its not MS, its probably your version of worldcraft, you got 3.3?
I think in 2.2 there was a reversing error where you had to alt-enter after making it a trigger_once and then save to make it work . (shouldnt this be in newbie mapping?)

Lord Booga
19-11-2001, 03:22 PM
I have 3.3

and why should it be in newbie mapping?

{DoA}DrunkMonkey
19-11-2001, 03:37 PM
cos this is, hmm newbie ISH

Rune "Viking"
19-11-2001, 04:57 PM
Because everything "non-Sven Co-op specific mapping" should be in newbie mapping! thats why, And I thought the forum'ers could read ;)

edit: try reinstalling worldcraft, if the problem reoccurs. Get a new machine / os.

Undeadenemy
19-11-2001, 05:11 PM
1) This is not nesicarily a newbie question
2) You can't just go around getting a new OS/system every time WC doesn't work. I've had this problem and not just with a trigger_once, try saving then restarting WC.

Rune "Viking"
19-11-2001, 05:13 PM
DOH

Even tho its not a newbie question it still belongs in "newbie mapping", wheter you like it or not .

edit: thread closed along time ago (get it?)

Undeadenemy
19-11-2001, 05:17 PM
It does not belong in the newbie section. You completely misunderstand the whole point of the Newbie section. The Newbie section is there for people who just started to work with level editing who need assistance on learning to do things. Just because theres a question doesn't mean that it goes in Newie Mapping.

Rune "Viking"
19-11-2001, 05:20 PM
Newbie Mapping
Discuss non-Sven Co-op specific mapping problems. Get it? or do I hafto draw it into your screen with my car keys?

Undeadenemy
19-11-2001, 05:38 PM
I think that you really need to find something better to do then to tell a perfectly inteligent person that his post is in the wrong forum. Why don't you STFU so this guy can get his question answered without having you spam all day long. You obviously have no mapping skills so why don't you quit posting in the question threads in the first place.

Shadow Eliminator
19-11-2001, 09:02 PM
who cares about the pride thing? if u need help, u need help, just because u dont know something doesnt make you a newbie, ive used newbie mapping, does it automatically make me a newbie mapper? i guess i am! ive never released a map! 0t is my first map ever

Rune "Viking"
20-11-2001, 10:09 AM
Why you go insulting my mapping skills? Thats not very nice, now I feel offended. And you should too.